Return to Forum  

Did you ask?

March 8 2012 at 11:43 AM
No score for this post
anon  (no login)
from IP address 70.235.209.5

Response to I am doing something.

I understand what you are saying about the value of 3 or more practices a week versus 2 and I also understand what USA Hockey recommends. The issue is that those are USA Hockey recommendations, not mandates or hard rules. So they cannot really punish clubs for not following a recommendation. Even the ADM is a recommendation from USA Hockey, not a mandate, AHAI decided to treat it as a mandate for our state but again it is a recommendation from USA Hockey. You said you felt cheated and when will people wake up, did the Blues tell you that your child would get 3 or more practices a week plus skills and after you signed up then changed it on you? Did you ask how many practices per week plus skills on avg the teams receive? If you were told one thing and then given another after your child signed away a choice and you signed over a check then you have a valid point, should let other parents know, and should pursue getting changes made at the Blues. Though if you didn't do your homework, ask the questions, and just assumed USA Hockey recommendations were the law for all clubs then this issue is on you. Either way you need to have a discussion with the Blues so you and your child feel comfortable there.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement