<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

NIHL AA/CSDHL

May 3 2011 at 11:43 AM
No score for this post
HockeyNoob  (no login)
from IP address 192.107.146.2

What is the difference between NIHL AA and CSDHL?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
anon
(no login)

Re: NIHL AA/CSDHL

No score for this post
May 3 2011, 12:38 PM 

csdhl members are usually the larger clubs. NIHL is smaller clubs.

Cayhob
(no login)

No score for this post
May 3 2011, 3:04 PM 

Well, except that the CSDHL and NIHL are usually the same CLUBS ... CSDHL is $500 more expensive in fees but arguably tougher competition and greater travel than NIHL AA.

http://cayhockey.blogspot.com/2010/12/what-does-it-cost-to-play-hockey-in.html

anon
(no login)

No score for this post
May 3 2011, 4:48 PM 

With the exception of a couple of clubs in IL it is the same.

z
(no login)

No score for this post
May 4 2011, 4:05 AM 

They are 2 different AA leagues. Clubs that are big enough can have teams in more than one league. NHL has more member clubs and teams, and more division levels (elite, gold, silver, bronze... and can be silver tier 1, tier2, etc.) CSDHL is smaller and simpler, and uses major and minor divisions. Yes, Central states is farther travel and more expensive... and is slightly more competitive... but close to NIHL elite level. There are those who say Central States dilutes and confuses competition in Illinois, and should be eliminated. Best thing to do to get a sense of it is look at both their websites, including the teams at the different levels.

Anon
(no login)

Indy afton chesterfield

No score for this post
May 4 2011, 5:28 AM 

Are all looking at the new aaa NIHL, and may well be making the move to the new league.

(no login)

Re: Indy afton chesterfield

No score for this post
May 4 2011, 8:14 AM 

Oh please! I dont think so... If any thing they will be in both. The new Tier II AAA league is wannabe AAA and would not fare well vs the stronger CS clubs like Blues.

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Indy afton chesterfield

No score for this post
May 4 2011, 8:34 AM 

" Are all looking at the new aaa NIHL, and may well be making the move to the new league."

The true AAA teams will have nothing to do with the jokers who are running this. Ahai probaly would like to run these two right out of Illinois. Why in the world would a respected league (CSDHL) have anything to do with this?

Anyone who has a half a brain in the hockey world is running as fast as they can away.

I find it interesting that anyone would even get on this board and throw this out. Perhaps this person is naive or part of the BS. Keep up the good work, but don't think we won't call you on it.

Anon
(no login)

NIHL AAA

No score for this post
May 5 2011, 6:36 AM 

I can understand the theory behind this league. Teams like Milwaukee, Madison, Green Bay and others are just sick and tired playing an independant schedule. The website states that only one Chicago team is participating. I don't know enough about the AHAI rules, but I suspect the Chicago IceDogs will not be allowed to participate. If respectable organizations like the Indy Racers are willing to leave the CSDHL, what does that say about the state of CSDHL? My son plays on a CSDHL team and I have to say, the competition is pretty damn lame. Is this new league really AAA hockey? There will be some very good teams, but compared to LC, HB, Compuware, Mission, St. Louis......none of these teams will be even come close to the elite, but who really cares. Parity is the key to this league. It looks like the competition will be a hell of a lot better than Chicago's NIHL and the CSDHL. Now....for the two individuals that are spear heading this league. I can't say because I really don't know these individuals. From what everybody says...their crooks, but unfortunately, there are a lot of crooks in youth hockey. Especially in Chicago. Again, the theory behind this league is a great idea, the execution and the people behind are in question. I, for one, hope it flies!

(no login)

C.S.

No score for this post
May 5 2011, 7:46 AM 

Madison and G. Bay USED to be in C.S. until 5 yrs ago. They also played in a AAA league with St. Louis jr. Blues, Chicago Chill ( now Fury ), Mission, and I think Milwaukee AAA ( jr. Adimarals now ).
When they pulled out of CS, CS went downhill fast.
There are 2 St. Louis teams and 1 team from Indy in CS now.....THAT's it !
Why have it ?
7 or 8 local teams and 3 from out of state ?
If they want to have a CS league, the out of state teams should have to come up here and play....NO trips to Indy or St. L to ACCOMODATE those 3 orgs. period.
Isn't part of new ADM model and HPHL league about less travel and less $$$ ?
Hockey is WAY to expensive now in Chicago, gas at $4.50 a gallon, driving from N. shore to Orland Park or Romeoville is enough travel.
Ther should be 3 divisions of NIHL ( gold, silver and bronze or 1,2,3 or whatever else you want to call them)and thats it. NO CS.
Travel out of town should be up to each team or org. and forget about CS.
If a kid is that much better than everyone else at AA, then play AAA.

CSDHL
(no login)

Re: C.S.

No score for this post
May 5 2011, 11:18 AM 

CSDHL is significantly more competitive than NIHL Elite, but not on par with AAA. However, there is overlap at all levels and the Top one or two NIHL Elite teams at a level are as good and maybe better than the bottom one or two CSDHL teams. Same with AAA, The top one or two CSDHL teams are as good or better than the bottom one or two AAA clubs. If given a choice for your son, pick the place he feels best at as coaching and practice time is very important. He will also rather play regularly, than ride the bench, so keep that in mind. There aren't many NHLers from Illinois, so focus on the values he gains from ice hockey.

Alternative Leagues
(no login)

No score for this post
May 5 2011, 11:38 AM 

There was an "alternative" league five or so years ago formed by non-CSDHL clubs at the time. It included the Darien Hawks, Vikings, Twin Bridges and a couple others from St. Louis. It was the impetus for CSDHL to select Individual Teams, rather than entire clubs which had been the practice prior.

In the early 90's there was NIHL AA and A levels...that was it along with 2 Tier l teams CYA and TI.
And every rink had an IN HOUSE League of teams or played within just a few local rinks.

Late 90's saw the creation of CSDHL AA1/2 with the larger Illinois clubs, Madison, Indy, etc.

NIHL responded with Gold AA, Silver AA and Bronze A levels.

Chill and then Mission were granted AAA charters by AHAI.

NIHL introduced "tiering" to allow competitive balance and seperated Gold Teams into Pool A and Pool B, which became NIHL Elite and NIHL Gold.

Keep in mind there was significant growth in the youth hockey population those years along with additional rinks to meet demand. And only one Junior team in Chicago, The Freeze. Now there are four.

It's the evolutionary process, maybe a bit accelerated, maybe overblown. I don't know, but the market forces will find an equilibrium. It looks like the HPHL will happen, so what path will Fury take? A new AAA league for AA clubs based up north?? Not sure about that one. Whatever decision your family makes this fall, ask people you know and trust and stick with it for the season, but don't complain since you have options...it sends the wrong mesage to your kids.

Anon
(no login)

AAA League

No score for this post
May 5 2011, 12:05 PM 

Two years ago Huskies had a u16 midget minor team play in the NAPHL "AAA" Midget League. There is no prohibition of a AA team playing in a so-called AAA league. It is up to the league to let teams in.

bender
(no login)

Re: AAA League

No score for this post
May 5 2011, 4:12 PM 

add one more "A" and "call it AAAA" and you guys will be the best!! please listen to yourselfs, AAA is history so call it what you want. the top teams with the top talent are the HPC,s period! there will not be any teams that will compete with them. so call em what u want

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
May 5 2011, 4:12 PM 

gotta love it, no Indy, no St. Louis, that just leaves CS with mostly crappy chic team. But at least that way a chic team has a chance of actually winning. must be tiring losing all the time to indy or stl all the time. Can't beat AA out of town teams and can't beat AAA out of town teams either.

St. Loser
(no login)

No score for this post
May 5 2011, 6:26 PM 

How many clubs are in the St. Loser area? Exactly....bigger pond to draw from with not as many fishermen! At least we don't have to live in St. Loser!!!

Anonymous
(no login)

CS versus NIHL Elite

No score for this post
May 6 2011, 7:22 AM 

If st. Louis & Indy leave what is the differnce between CS and NIHL Elite ???

Fact Check......
(no login)

Just sayin'

No score for this post
May 6 2011, 11:41 AM 

Let's count:

IL- 4 Teams
Indy-2
STL-1

**CSDHL Championship Games**

Squirt Championship
Indy 2 - Sabres 1

PeeWee Minor Championship
Bruins 3 - Affton 1

PeeWee Major Championship
Indy 6 - Blues 2

Bantam Minor Championship
Blues 5 - Affton 3

Bantam Major Championship
Affton 5 - Indy 0

Midget Minor Championship
Chargers 4 - Sabres 3 (OT)

Midget Major Championship
Rockford 5 - Twin Bridges 3

Mathematician
(no login)

Let's really count

No score for this post
May 6 2011, 12:11 PM 

Number of Indy Teams in CS - 5 (three reached the final, 60%, 2 Champions = 40%)

Number of Chicago CS teams - 40, number of champions = 3

St. Louis has better numbers as well.

Absolutely spectacular numbers chi-town

Don Grapes
(no login)

Indy/St.Louis

No score for this post
May 6 2011, 12:41 PM 

How many viable programs are there in the Indy and St. Louis area?

Chicago has so many options that the talent gets spead out.

North: (Falcons, Ice Dogs, Glenview, Wilmette, Winnetka, Northbrook)

South: (Huskies, Sabres, Jaguars, Hawks, Vikings)

Central (Express, Blues, Bruins, Admirals)

NW: (Chargers, Redwings, Leafs, Yellow Jackets, Wolfpack)

City: (McFetrridge, Jets)

Sorry if I forgot a few, but you get the point.

Hockey parents are nuts and even if a rink is closer to their house, they will drive to "get better coaching" or "better program". Where I live I can easily go to any of 5 clubs without much trouble or that much more travel time.

If you live in Indy or St. Louis, First of all my condolences. Secondly, there are just not as many options for competitive hockey. I guess you could go to the Maniax or Irish but choices are limited.

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement