<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

Tiered Pricing within NIHL levels

March 2 2012 at 10:55 AM
No score for this post
Gettin the shaft  (no login)
from IP address 66.245.132.218

My kid plays NIHL silver, lost in the first round of the playoffs and has been off the ice for a week now. Yet elite and gold teams are still playing their seasons and round robins don't start for them until March 17. That's nearly a full extra month of ice, mostly full sheets after silver and bronze teams stop playing. NIHL also has some levels playing more games (20) than others this year. Just as CS prices have long been higher, changes now need to be made at the various NIHL levels so teams are paying different amounts based on metallic levels. The old arguments about getting the same amount of ice and games are no longer true due to changes in the way NIHL schedules its season.

Are any clubs offering lower pricing for the silver and bronze levels compared to elite and gold because of this? They should be. I know my club just blew off the question.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Thinking
(no login)

Out Oud

No score for this post
March 2 2012, 12:34 PM 

Not sure about your club; but, I believe you generally get X number of ice slots per team from your club for the year. You then use some of these for the games you end up playing (more or less based on your NIHL level). It may be that the parents should ensure that all the slots get fully used or invite teams to play a scrimmage. I do agree with the disparity in games played. It is based on # of teams in a level and seems to vary between 16 and 24.

I'd think you have an issue if they give you X slots and other teams with the same fees get X+ slots in total.

(no login)

Huh?

No score for this post
March 2 2012, 12:40 PM 

Unless there's something I'm missing here, no teams have round robin games in March from NIHL or CSDHL. The Tier II championship games are this weekend which officially ends the Tier II season. You either got some bad info from someone or you are mixing the "regular" season with spring hockey.

Anonymous
(no login)

psssstttt

No score for this post
March 2 2012, 12:49 PM 

The NIHL Elite/Gold Playoffs are the weekend of 3/9 and 3/16. I think that's what he was referring to.

A Penny Pincher
(no login)

NIHL is reasonably fair

No score for this post
March 2 2012, 1:04 PM 

Although many clubs charge the same fee for players regardless if the team plays NIHL Elite / Gold or NIHL Silver / Bronze know that NIHL actually charges your Club a higher fee ( a lot higher ) if your team plays at Elite Gold.

Elite / Gold teams pay more due to the Round Robin format of their Tournament. Silver Bronze pay less as their Tournament is Single game elimination.

If you think your Club should adjust the fee they charge you because of metallic level, then just ask them. Seems like you have a good argument.

anon
(no login)

Re: NIHL is reasonably fair

No score for this post
March 2 2012, 1:50 PM 

CSDHL was done on 2/12. That should be the cheapest fee of all?

true
(no login)

No score for this post
March 2 2012, 3:31 PM 

The original poster was right. Elite season lasts longer due to playoffs. I never thought of it before but that is true.

CSDHL is a different story because usually more slots or more full ice slots.

more
(no login)

No score for this post
March 2 2012, 3:33 PM 

Pricing would be difficult. What if you start silver but move up after seeding round. Or start gold and get moved down?

Was moved up
(no login)

Accounting

No score for this post
March 3 2012, 7:06 AM 

This happened to our team in the Fall. Our Silver seeded team went undefeated in the seeding round and was moved up to Gold.

Our Club Treasurer says NIHL billed our Club the difference once the change was made.

Mite Parent
(no login)

Great job NIHL

No score for this post
March 3 2012, 8:37 AM 

How about how NIHL was so lazy that they failed to get creative at the Mite level.....if you pllayed Gold you played 16 regular season games. If you played Elite you played 14 regular season games.

aa
(no login)

Re: Great job NIHL

No score for this post
March 3 2012, 9:00 AM 

bring the BHC back for Mites...

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Great job NIHL

No score for this post
March 3 2012, 9:04 AM 

Should it surprise you that NIHL president is also a Wilmette executive board member?
You honestly couldn't make this chit up if you tried.
Wilmette President is a douche bag and his close friend and fellow exec board member is NIHL president. If you combined their hockey knowledge, they might be able to run and coordinate the Watts outdoor ice arena open skate.

Anonymous
(no login)

NIHL Blows

No score for this post
March 4 2012, 1:30 AM 

Hey Glynn... Bring back the BHC for the Mites... I don't know what's more exciting to a little kid than to play for a championship... Why was this removed?? Because of ADM? Makes zero sense why these kids who you are " trying to keep interested in hockey" can't play in the BHC.... You get plenty of $$ from all the bullshit scams out there like ADM... Where else does my / our money go? You people don't understand how to run a hockey organization in Illinois... Look at the way Minnesota or Michigan runs their programs and then look at us... Illinois in light years away from Minnesota but hey... We have the almighty ADM which will set us back even further...but... We got a shitload of $$ from somewhere to promote this lame ass program... All because the kids don't have "FUN". Well here's a newsflash for you Mr. President... The kids had fun before ADM and I think they did just fine, they also loved the BHC and being able to play for a purpose/goal of winning a state championship... Now that you took that away... What motivates the kids? How would you like to work for a person or company and never be told that you did a good job? Tell me what would motivate you to continue working hard? It's called recognition and that means more to a person than anything... But we have ADM so.... We don't need to have our kids compete for a goal because according to USA hockey, competition in detrimental at early ages...they said so in their flashy charts and graphs that someone spent lots of money on. Illinois hockey has really fallen below hockey standards and we have people like yourself to thank. Thanks for nothing.

Agreed
(no login)

NIHL Blows

No score for this post
March 4 2012, 6:51 AM 

Oh, come on......everyone should get a trophy!!!

(no login)

Mite BH Cup

No score for this post
March 4 2012, 6:53 AM 

Can't blame NIHL for no state tourney at Mite level. AHAI runs the BH Cup for state tourney and NIHL has the Wolves Cup for NIHL tourney. NIHL kept Mite travel and Mite Wolves Cup this year.

Right Idea, Wrong Villain
(no login)

Re: NIHL Blows

No score for this post
March 4 2012, 7:28 AM 

I agree that it would be great to continue to have a Mite State Championship.

But, you need to take that issue up with AHAI.

NIHL still has Mite Championships in its league at the Mite Elite, Mite Gold, Mite Silver and Mite Bronze levels.

hockey mom
(no login)

AHIA v NIHL

No score for this post
March 6 2012, 5:43 PM 

NIHL runs a great league and has pushed back at AHIA, who has tried to force lousy changes, and thanks to the NIHL Board of volunteers NIHL is solid.

It is an AHIA problem. AHAI also executes rules for highschool hockey that detracts from competitive balance.

Send a letter of complaint to the AHAI president. Better yet, show up at a AHAI Board meeting and complain. Too many complainers never make an effort to get them to listen and change for the better.

Blackhawk Cup is well run, to their credit. The have the best teams at each level playing the best from other clubs...the way it should be during the whole league regular season but cant due to multiple tier II leagues. As a cheap F*&! I cant stand the fact they charge at the door....they have over a half million in cash balance and pay their buddies well for work that should be close to volunteer for Love of the Game.

Tier 02 fan
(no login)

Other NIHL AHAI & ADM stuff

No score for this post
March 9 2012, 4:58 PM 

I agree NIHL does do a great job, and is probably the main reason that Illinois travel mites are still playing full ice hockey. A few years back AHAI was definetely gulping the ADM KoolAid and seriously thinking about completely dumping mite full ice hockey in Illinois. However, at that time NIHL was instrumental in getting everyone involved to take a deep breath and not to rush into a decision that they may regret down the line. To AHAI's credit they subsequently went out on a state tour to try and sell the ADM and in that process AHAI finally learned a lot about their membership. Today many other USA Hockey affiliates are now regreting their decision which fully adopted the ADM cross ice model because their paying customers do not like it ALL THE TIME. They are damned tired of it after three years. In fact, michigan's version of AHAI saw 25 of their Mite teams bail out of USA Hockey after the higher ups in michigan mandated cross ice ADM hockey for all Mites. Now the novelty of the new ADM is wearing off, and Illinois was wise to wait and see how things progressed.

Also, NIHL does have a Mite Championship at five levels of Mite Hockey, so the previous poster is off base for ripping the League. NIHL seems to be well run, is actually run by 37+ clubs who elect officers each year, and the officers actually run the league as the clubs see fit. Imagine that! NIHL has a Mite Championship because that is what their membership wants. AHAI does not have a mite championship because the AHAI directors have decided to ignore their membership in favor of chumming up to the folks at USA Hockey.

Anon
(no login)

Re: Other NIHL AHAI & ADM stuff

No score for this post
March 9 2012, 6:12 PM 

NIHL is good in that the tiering road gets MOST teams in the right level of play. MOST teams get some wins and loses and have a chance to develop rather than being in way over your head or way above all the other teams before the season starts at CDHL.

NIHL is NOT what I would call great though. With all the sponsorship including the wolves have fees dropped? That money does not get to the end users yet the patches must go on.

Treasurer
(no login)

NIHL Fees have dropped

No score for this post
March 10 2012, 6:57 AM 

Yes, NIHL fees have dropped significantly since the Wolves got involved with the league. On top of that NIHL does not charge a club or team fee for any teams participating in the Wolves Cup, or a gate fee for any of the Wolves Cup games, except for the Championships in Joliet.

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement