<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

NEW AHAI RULE ?

March 16 2012 at 6:58 AM
No score for this post
Concerned AA Parent  (no login)
from IP address 173.165.116.45

I'm a 02 parent and have heard from MANY people now that there is a NEW Rule from AHAI that is going to limit the amount of games a AA team can play vs. AAA teams?

Does anyone know if this is a FACT yet?

If so, I'm thinking about going to AAA? Not because I feel I have to but because I want my kid pushed against some of the higher end kids here and in Michigan etc......?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anon
(no login)

Re: NEW AHAI RULE ?

No score for this post
March 16 2012, 7:31 AM 

I've heard it HAS passed and will be known as official as soon as Monday. I'm not sure what prompted this rule but not sure it's a bad thing? Not many AA teams are good enough to play AAA teams anyhow? Crappy AAA teams sure but then what is the purpose of that?

(no login)

AHAI Rule

No score for this post
March 16 2012, 7:47 AM 

One would never know, as they haven't posted the minutes since September, 2011.

anon
(no login)

I thought this was America

Score 5.0 (1 person)
March 16 2012, 7:58 AM 

Home of the free, land of the brave. We have turned into a bureaucratic jumble of rules and regulations of which 80% are not needed.

haha
(no login)

Re: I thought this was America

No score for this post
March 16 2012, 8:05 AM 

Its called the "RYAN TAYLOR AAA" rule. Pretend AAA not wanted in Illinois.At least now he has a rule named after him. He is a Legend!!!!

Herb B the Canadian
(Login hbrooks)

Re: I thought this was America

No score for this post
March 26 2014, 6:30 PM 

My Friend I love your comment. How would these thugs make the money they do without all the rules.
Who do you think their protecting??? I'm sure theirs lot of rocks to overturn in these offices...

wondering
(no login)

I thought the same thing

No score for this post
March 16 2012, 3:40 PM 

AHAI claims they will post minutes EVERY month... guess that meant EVERY MONTH in 2011...or maybe not. Some of those are missing too..... funny. You would think they didn't want anyone to know what they are doing. Oh wait, maybe they don't!

J
(no login)

Re: NEW AHAI RULE ?

No score for this post
March 16 2012, 2:57 PM 

Michigan does not have AAA HOCKEY next year at the 02 (sq major) level. Save your money unless you are going to play for a great coach.

aaadetroit
(no login)

aaadetroit

No score for this post
March 17 2012, 8:23 PM 

They will play under their club teams to get around rule,they will have aaa teams just disguised as club

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: aaadetroit

No score for this post
March 19 2012, 6:46 AM 

Detroit AAA clubs have both AA and AAA charters, the Detroit 2002's will play under th AA charter. What this means is they cannot have kids on their roster that are out of their district. This means they will be good AA clubs, but they will not have AAA depth. They will be the same teams they are this year, not AAA. In the end, AAA clubs in Illinois will be playing AA clubs in Detroit. AAA in Illinois is going to be heavily diluted and competition will be average.

wrong
(no login)

No score for this post
March 19 2012, 8:04 AM 

The Michigan teams have already started to form. Teams are allowed 3 out of district players. After 1 season they are not considered out of district.

renege
(no login)

No score for this post
March 19 2012, 9:59 AM 

Most AA Detroit teams can still beat Chicago AAA. The extra A means squat.

Hockey Mom
(no login)

AHAI NEW RULE TO LIMIT PLAYERS

No score for this post
March 27 2012, 8:58 PM 

ONCE AGAIN, AHAI HAS MEETINGS BEHIND CLOSED DOORS, DOES NOT PUBLISH MINUTES (NO 2012 SEASON MINUTES POSTED ON THEIR WEBSITE), AND IN THEIR PROCEEDINGS THEY MAKE CHANGES THAT SCREW UP HOCKEY FOR ALL OF OUR KIDS.

WHY ARE THEY HIDING, AND WHAT ARE THE SALARIES OF THESE "VOLUNTEERS"? oVER $100,000 PER YEAR! IT IS OUR UNDERSTANDING THAT THEY WILL TELL THE CLUBS:

- NO MITE TRAVEL ALLOWED IN 2012/2013
- NO FULL ICE GAMES
- NO SQUIRT STATE CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT
- NO AAA SQUIRT TEAMS WILL BE SANCTIONED
- ONLY CLUBS FULLY IN COMPLIANCE OF USA HOCKEY LTDP WILL RECEIVE AHAI SUPPORT
- REFEREE SCHEDULING WILL FULLY FUNCTION UNDER AHAI DOMAIN
- PERCENTAGE OF REFEREE FEES WILL BE INCREASED PERCENTAGE CUT TO AHIA PROGRAM MANAGERS
- CENTRAL STATES WILL BE ENCOURAGED DUE TO INCREASED NUMBER OF FEES PAID TO ILLINOIS HOCKEY

ON AND ON......

WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE RUNNING/RUINING YOUTH HOCKEY IN ILLINOIS...SOON THERE WILL BE A REVOLT AND MULTIPLE LEAGUES WILL SPROUT UP, OFFSHOOTS TO REMOVE THEMSELVES FROM SUCH TYRANNY, LIKE THE FRAGMENTED PROGRAMS OF OTHER STATES.

WAKE UP PEOPLE, GO TO A MEETING AND SEND A LETTER OR NEXT FALL THERE WILL BE A DIFFERENT LOOK TO YOUR KIDS HOCKEY GAMES.......

CH
(no login)

AHAI

No score for this post
March 28 2012, 12:47 AM 

No mite travel?? No Mite State Championships?? Now No Squirt Championships either?? WTF do they think they are?? Start writing letters to Mullally or whatever his name is immediately!! Illinois hockey is being ruined and they are raking in $$.. OUR MONEY and killing OUR KIDS development!! Write or e mail TODAY

Toad the wet sproket
(no login)

Not a chance

No score for this post
March 28 2012, 12:52 PM 

AAU will insure players for $11 per person. None of this will happen take a deep breath AHAI knows there are options and knows the revolt in Michigan just went thru

Anonymous
(no login)

AHAI Registra

No score for this post
March 29 2012, 3:06 AM 

Is that why the AHAI registra LJ has been on a roll the last few years.
Shes making more rules and creating hockey police out of all the clubs
registras. Every tournament has to be sanctioned or she stops it. We
all know "sanctioned" means give AHAI their cut of the money.

Why do we need a governing body in hockey anyway. There are rules within
the leagues. USA hockey insurance is a farce! Over 20 years I havent
seen many claims or payouts. They are raking it in and we dont even
get so much as an insurance card out of it.

Been there
(no login)

AAU

No score for this post
June 20 2012, 12:52 PM 

Pay your money and do whatever you want????? No sanctions for improper rosters, no suspensions, no regulation, no safety for your kid, unregistered officials, no training for officials: AAU option is a disaster.

Herb B the Canadian
(Login hbrooks)

Re: AAU

No score for this post
March 26 2014, 6:23 PM 

Support Your Local AAU so your kid don't have to sign contract with AHAI mob

Anonymous
(no login)

the ships aint that important

No score for this post
April 13 2012, 8:28 PM 

just enjoy the ride dude....

Hockey Mom
(no login)

AHAI Lawsuit

No score for this post
May 26 2012, 3:28 PM 

Can anyone tell us what the lawsuit tiled "Ahai vs Stevenson/CSDHL" is?

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement