<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

Help with foot speed

June 3 2012 at 6:35 PM
No score for this post
Anonymous  (no login)
from IP address 98.206.210.183

I have a 10yr old who plays in NIHL. He has a good long stride, but lacks in foot speed. Wondering if anyone knows of any proven drills,camps,or skating instructors in the area that will not break the bank to help with this.

Thanks in Advance

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Help with foot speed

No score for this post
June 3 2012, 7:42 PM 

Being that it is summertime now I would potentially get in some skating clinics or private lessons if you can afford it, but I would focus more on off ice training. Plyometrics will help skating immensely. It will not only increase strength in the hamstrings and calfs, but it improves coordination, balance, and overall agility. The P90x Plyo workout is really good and you can look around online and find a lot of information.

Dangles
(no login)

No score for this post
June 3 2012, 7:57 PM 

Kenny McCudden world class skating and skills coach. Ice company is the name of his camps

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
June 3 2012, 8:31 PM 

Try Robbie Glantz...very affordable or Laura Stram.. Or... Kevin Delaney does clinucs every week at Heartland in Lincolnwood

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
June 3 2012, 9:08 PM 

Look in to "Get Fast" in Darien. Expensive and a major commitment; but, top shelf for foot speed development.

Anon
(no login)

all you need to know...box jump & ladders

No score for this post
June 4 2012, 8:02 AM 

Short and simple; on ice hockey performance has a 90% corralation to standing high jump (box jump). Improve there and there will be almost a direct reflection on the ice in terms of explosive speed and strength. Ladders are a good compliment for faster feet. These worked well for my son.

(no login)

off ice

No score for this post
June 4 2012, 8:40 AM 

If you're looking for the best off-ice off -season conditioning.
P90X...you just need the discipline to stick to it.
It will make you stronger /faster and quicker without the need to attend any type of skating camps.

anon
(no login)

No score for this post
June 5 2012, 5:32 PM 

Finner at the Blues in Bensenville

anon
(no login)

foot speed

No score for this post
June 6 2012, 7:32 AM 

My son benefitted greatly by attending Robby Glanz sessions (3x) and multiple sessions with Todd Finner. In the past, Finner brought 4 of his former players as counselors to his August camp who had all been drafted or were playing D1. All were very fast.

anon
(no login)

foot speed

No score for this post
June 6 2012, 7:35 AM 

My son benefitted greatly by attending Robby Glanz sessions (3x) and multiple sessions with Todd Finner. In the past, Finner brought 4 of his former players as counselors to his August camp who had all been drafted or were playing D1. All were very fast.

Anonymous
(no login)

My son follow him and slow down

No score for this post
June 6 2012, 8:00 AM 

anon
(no login)

Welcome back

No score for this post
June 6 2012, 11:36 PM 

Tarzan, me missed you. Jane good? Cheetah good? Son follow, slow down?! No good! Me think you no happy!

Tom
(no login)

For foot speed

No score for this post
June 10 2012, 2:07 PM 

U need to adopt a black kid

Anonymous
(no login)

you are clownds aand sucker

No score for this post
June 17 2012, 6:17 PM 

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement