WHEATON CYCLONES
CRYSTAL LAKE YELLOWJACKETS
GLEN ELLYN ADMIRALS
BARRINGTON REDWINGS
WILMETTE BRAVES
CHICAGO JETS
MCFETERIDGE BULLDOGS
PARK RIDGE NORTHERN EXPRESS

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous
(no login)

Get a Clue

No score for this post
July 19 2012, 5:22 AM 

You obviously don't have a good perspective on the clubs across the Chicago area. Some of your high ranked teams don't really develop anyone and turn out pitiful teams year after year.

anonymous
(no login)

Based on?

No score for this post
July 19 2012, 6:31 AM 

What criteria do you use for your evaluation.

anon
(no login)

choices

No score for this post
July 19 2012, 7:16 AM 

2 Choices lock kids up with clubs. Clubs should be accountable for development. Development means good coaching and ice time and not necessarily winning.

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: choices

No score for this post
July 19 2012, 8:35 AM 

"2 Choices lock kids up with clubs. Clubs should be accountable for development. Development means good coaching and ice time and not necessarily winning."

Couldn't agree more. You all rip on the Admirals but they have Noga as their Director of Player Development and that is impressive. My son has taken his Handler class and there are kids from clubs all over in it. They also went out and hired Craig Porazinski as their new USA Hockey American Development Model (ADM) Programming Director. Seems like they are trying to right the ship and DEVELOP players. Their NIHL teams get 2 weekly 1/2 ice team practices and a weekly full ice Power Skate with Noga so that's 3x a week guaranteed. From what I've heard, they also give extra ice time when available, so some weeks, 4 hours of practice time is given. To me, as someone evaluating clubs, this smaller club doesn't look so bad. Looks like Stu is the Hockey Director but he seems fairly new and from what I remember, they didn't even have one prior to him for a few years.

Anonymous
(no login)

Most ridiculous post

No score for this post
July 19 2012, 6:46 AM 

EVER

Schrute
(no login)

rankings

No score for this post
July 19 2012, 7:30 AM 

With the way coaches and directors jump from club to club, it is hard to quantify which clubs are the best at developing kids. I will agree that as long as my son has been in hockey, the Blues and Falcons have always seemed to put out strong teams. Other clubs may have 1 or 2 strong teams depending on the year, but not as consistent top to bottom as the top 2 mentioned. The Bruins seem to have a pretty good thing going and the Sabres and Hawks have huge numbers. The large number of kids doesn't equate to good development, but if you have over 100 kids at an age level, it isn't hard to pick the top 15 and have a pretty good team.

The Ice Dogs were very strong at the 99 age group a few years back but that whole team went AAA. The Falcons 2001 were unbelievable last year but they lost some of those kids to AAA. The Chargers were strong at the Midget level for the past few years. I think the 2 choice rule is a sham and you should be able to play wherever you want. The strong will survive and the other money grabbers will become extinct.

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: rankings

No score for this post
July 19 2012, 9:34 AM 

hilarious that someone is so arrogant and lost that they think they can rank the programs in terms of development.

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: rankings

No score for this post
July 19 2012, 9:40 AM 

I dont see the Talahasee Warhawks boy!!?? Lol

anon
(no login)

opinion

No score for this post
July 19 2012, 10:09 AM 

Not arrogance. Someone's opininion. You may disagree.

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Best AA Hockey Clubs

No score for this post
July 19 2012, 10:49 AM 

A quibble here or there but generally pretty well done. Nice work

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
July 19 2012, 10:58 AM 

Agree! Overall you are right on target!

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
July 19 2012, 11:23 AM 

A lot of Blues on here. It's obvious.

anon
(no login)

No score for this post
July 19 2012, 12:39 PM 

Its all in the criteria.

If getting to the pro's is a criteria then the Flames/Bruins and Blues are tops.

ugh
(no login)

ugh

No score for this post
July 19 2012, 12:50 PM 

Your joking right? Go to the pros - are you for real?

Anonymous
(no login)

Reasonable Criteria...

No score for this post
July 19 2012, 1:23 PM 

I may think about this different than others, but I wouldn't use "advancing or developing players to the next level" as a main criteria for the "Best AA Hockey Clubs". While this is certainly an accomplishment for a club or individual, it represents an extremely small percentage of the hockey community (say like 3-5%). Rather than use a small percentage population to gauge "best", why not use the majority of the population (the other 95-97%) as the criteria. The reality is that most players will not advance to the "next level", but they are the nucleus of the club.

With that said, what criteria would you use to determine "Best Clubs"?

- quality of product delivered
- coaching quality
- skills development offered
- program costs
- size of organization
- program successes
- facilities
- reputation/credibility
- Board effectiveness

anon
(no login)

Re: Reasonable Criteria...

No score for this post
July 19 2012, 1:44 PM 

If your not developing for a shot at the pros then what are you developing for? Mens league? Not saying my kid will make it, just saying all other criteria simply leads to mens league, no matter where you play.

My criteria is
1. bang for the buck,
2. coaching,
3. board "hockey" knowledge,
4. parents,
5. nice kids

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Reasonable Criteria...

No score for this post
July 19 2012, 1:58 PM 

When thinking of the majority, I think of development as providing the most instruction possible to allow our kids to compete to their fullest at their appropriate skill level while they have a chance to play the game of hockey. It's not "how far can you advance up the hockey ladder", but rather "how much do you make of it while you have the chance to play".

Again, I'd love for my kid to make it to AAA, D1, or higher, but it ain't happening. So how do I determine what is the "best" for him in the meantime...

Schrute
(no login)

Development

No score for this post
July 19 2012, 2:29 PM 

Most of the kids that "move on" to a higher level are:

1) Good Atheletes
2) Do extra camps, clinics, off-ice training outside of the club they normally skate with.

In the grand scheme of things, most kids are not moving to higher level of hockey (AAA, college, Etc.) But since this is not a $200 a season sport, you do want to see your kids improve. I don't think anyone wants to drop $3000+ to have your kid coached by someone who is not qualified.

So I would say that if the price is similar between clubs within a reasonable travel distance from the home, coaching, ice-time, friends would be considered as a priority.

anon
(no login)

confusing

No score for this post
July 19 2012, 2:56 PM 

Just sitting here I can think of 4 guys that played for the Express about 4-5 yrs. ago that are now playing or played NCAA D1 and D3 Hockey. Did the NE Express fall that far backwards ?

< Previous Page 1 2 3 4 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement