WHEATON CYCLONES
CRYSTAL LAKE YELLOWJACKETS
GLEN ELLYN ADMIRALS
BARRINGTON REDWINGS
WILMETTE BRAVES
CHICAGO JETS
MCFETERIDGE BULLDOGS
PARK RIDGE NORTHERN EXPRESS

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous
(no login)

Get a Clue

No score for this post
July 19 2012, 5:22 AM 

You obviously don't have a good perspective on the clubs across the Chicago area. Some of your high ranked teams don't really develop anyone and turn out pitiful teams year after year.

anonymous
(no login)

Based on?

No score for this post
July 19 2012, 6:31 AM 

What criteria do you use for your evaluation.

anon
(no login)

choices

No score for this post
July 19 2012, 7:16 AM 

2 Choices lock kids up with clubs. Clubs should be accountable for development. Development means good coaching and ice time and not necessarily winning.

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: choices

No score for this post
July 19 2012, 8:35 AM 

"2 Choices lock kids up with clubs. Clubs should be accountable for development. Development means good coaching and ice time and not necessarily winning."

Couldn't agree more. You all rip on the Admirals but they have Noga as their Director of Player Development and that is impressive. My son has taken his Handler class and there are kids from clubs all over in it. They also went out and hired Craig Porazinski as their new USA Hockey American Development Model (ADM) Programming Director. Seems like they are trying to right the ship and DEVELOP players. Their NIHL teams get 2 weekly 1/2 ice team practices and a weekly full ice Power Skate with Noga so that's 3x a week guaranteed. From what I've heard, they also give extra ice time when available, so some weeks, 4 hours of practice time is given. To me, as someone evaluating clubs, this smaller club doesn't look so bad. Looks like Stu is the Hockey Director but he seems fairly new and from what I remember, they didn't even have one prior to him for a few years.

Anonymous
(no login)

Most ridiculous post

No score for this post
July 19 2012, 6:46 AM 

EVER

Schrute
(no login)

rankings

No score for this post
July 19 2012, 7:30 AM 

With the way coaches and directors jump from club to club, it is hard to quantify which clubs are the best at developing kids. I will agree that as long as my son has been in hockey, the Blues and Falcons have always seemed to put out strong teams. Other clubs may have 1 or 2 strong teams depending on the year, but not as consistent top to bottom as the top 2 mentioned. The Bruins seem to have a pretty good thing going and the Sabres and Hawks have huge numbers. The large number of kids doesn't equate to good development, but if you have over 100 kids at an age level, it isn't hard to pick the top 15 and have a pretty good team.

The Ice Dogs were very strong at the 99 age group a few years back but that whole team went AAA. The Falcons 2001 were unbelievable last year but they lost some of those kids to AAA. The Chargers were strong at the Midget level for the past few years. I think the 2 choice rule is a sham and you should be able to play wherever you want. The strong will survive and the other money grabbers will become extinct.

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: rankings

No score for this post
July 19 2012, 9:34 AM 

hilarious that someone is so arrogant and lost that they think they can rank the programs in terms of development.

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: rankings

No score for this post
July 19 2012, 9:40 AM 

I dont see the Talahasee Warhawks boy!!?? Lol

anon
(no login)

opinion

No score for this post
July 19 2012, 10:09 AM 

Not arrogance. Someone's opininion. You may disagree.

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Best AA Hockey Clubs

No score for this post
July 19 2012, 10:49 AM 

A quibble here or there but generally pretty well done. Nice work

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
July 19 2012, 10:58 AM 

Agree! Overall you are right on target!

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
July 19 2012, 11:23 AM 

A lot of Blues on here. It's obvious.

anon
(no login)

No score for this post
July 19 2012, 12:39 PM 

Its all in the criteria.

If getting to the pro's is a criteria then the Flames/Bruins and Blues are tops.

ugh
(no login)

ugh

No score for this post
July 19 2012, 12:50 PM 

Your joking right? Go to the pros - are you for real?

Anonymous
(no login)

Reasonable Criteria...

No score for this post
July 19 2012, 1:23 PM 

I may think about this different than others, but I wouldn't use "advancing or developing players to the next level" as a main criteria for the "Best AA Hockey Clubs". While this is certainly an accomplishment for a club or individual, it represents an extremely small percentage of the hockey community (say like 3-5%). Rather than use a small percentage population to gauge "best", why not use the majority of the population (the other 95-97%) as the criteria. The reality is that most players will not advance to the "next level", but they are the nucleus of the club.

With that said, what criteria would you use to determine "Best Clubs"?

- quality of product delivered
- coaching quality
- skills development offered
- program costs
- size of organization
- program successes
- facilities
- reputation/credibility
- Board effectiveness

anon
(no login)

Re: Reasonable Criteria...

No score for this post
July 19 2012, 1:44 PM 

If your not developing for a shot at the pros then what are you developing for? Mens league? Not saying my kid will make it, just saying all other criteria simply leads to mens league, no matter where you play.

My criteria is
1. bang for the buck,
2. coaching,
3. board "hockey" knowledge,
4. parents,
5. nice kids

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Reasonable Criteria...

No score for this post
July 19 2012, 1:58 PM 

When thinking of the majority, I think of development as providing the most instruction possible to allow our kids to compete to their fullest at their appropriate skill level while they have a chance to play the game of hockey. It's not "how far can you advance up the hockey ladder", but rather "how much do you make of it while you have the chance to play".

Again, I'd love for my kid to make it to AAA, D1, or higher, but it ain't happening. So how do I determine what is the "best" for him in the meantime...

Schrute
(no login)

Development

No score for this post
July 19 2012, 2:29 PM 

Most of the kids that "move on" to a higher level are:

1) Good Atheletes
2) Do extra camps, clinics, off-ice training outside of the club they normally skate with.

In the grand scheme of things, most kids are not moving to higher level of hockey (AAA, college, Etc.) But since this is not a $200 a season sport, you do want to see your kids improve. I don't think anyone wants to drop $3000+ to have your kid coached by someone who is not qualified.

So I would say that if the price is similar between clubs within a reasonable travel distance from the home, coaching, ice-time, friends would be considered as a priority.

anon
(no login)

confusing

No score for this post
July 19 2012, 2:56 PM 

Just sitting here I can think of 4 guys that played for the Express about 4-5 yrs. ago that are now playing or played NCAA D1 and D3 Hockey. Did the NE Express fall that far backwards ?

calico joe
(no login)

ratings

No score for this post
July 20 2012, 4:10 AM 

A good club must offer a full variety of programs for all ages/skills/genders. That means a strong house program should always be at the core of any program. That said, I'd say programs like Ice Dogs, Sabres, Winn, Falcons ought to be at the top of the list because of the house program. The travel end will take care of itself IF a house league is developed first. The Blues do not have that. They do have a location that allows them to draw from many programs (Elmhurst Y, Franklin Park, Niles etc) but they do not really develop most of the players from the grass roots. Not meant as a disrespect. I'd also say that clubs have different missions, or philosophies. Those missions should represent the members that play in the program.
Good topic....keep it going

anon
(no login)

Travel focus vs House Focus

No score for this post
July 20 2012, 5:49 PM 

Blues players mostly come from Jr Blues and house only programs such as Elmurst Chiefs. Oak Park, Niles, and Franklin Park among others. The Club seems to focus more so on the travel player. This is both good and bad.

BP
(no login)

Re: Travel focus vs House Focus

No score for this post
July 20 2012, 6:27 PM 

Explain why the Blues continue to put up championship teams every year?

anon
(no login)

Re: Travel focus vs House Focus

No score for this post
July 21 2012, 8:39 AM 

The reason the Blues put up consistent winning teams is simple:

1. The best players make the team. It does not matter if you have been a previous player. If a player comes in and is perceived as better by the Director, he will make the team and the incumbent will leave.

2. Practice: constant skills, skills, skills.

3. It is a hockey club. It is not a social club with hockey involved.

I'm not saying this is a template that every club should follow. It does however bring a dose of reality to the parents and the the player who does not make the cut.

Horace Gump
(no login)

Huh

No score for this post
July 20 2012, 5:44 PM 

You have got to be a fucking idiot. "Nice Kids". What do you do, have play sessions with a random grouping of children from each organization? You are a complete creep.

anon
(no login)

Hey BP

No score for this post
July 20 2012, 7:06 PM 

Simple, they are the biggest club and have the most kids to choose from.

anon
(no login)

Re: Hey BP

No score for this post
July 20 2012, 7:51 PM 

Huh. Your obviously the one with pedophile tendancies. Why would a parent that wants his little kids to be around nice kids be called a creep. I think that's called good parenting. Whoever you are please stay away from the Bruins! Your bad news, go get another tattoo and have a beer pedo!

Horace Gump
(no login)

Idiot

No score for this post
July 21 2012, 5:13 PM 

You are a complete asshat. Nice kids????? Kids are nice everywhere. Your son is a pussy and can only play in the sandbox with daisy picking pansies. Go to the Braves. All their kids have excellent manners. It is a part of their ADM model.

x
(no login)

Re: Idiot

No score for this post
July 21 2012, 6:37 PM 

Lets see how bad you realy are, post your number and I'll give you a call. You pedophile.

Horace Gump
(no login)

No score for this post
July 22 2012, 4:21 PM 

Give you my number? What do you want to do, take my kids on a play date?

x
(no login)

No score for this post
July 22 2012, 5:26 PM 

PUSSY

Horace Gump
(no login)

At least

No score for this post
July 22 2012, 6:36 PM 

You are into both young boys and girls. Do you really think shouting out Pussy like some over-charged teenager is going to get you a date with a 10 year old from Skokie so that you can see where their organization stands on the niceness scale.

x
(no login)

Re: At least

No score for this post
July 22 2012, 8:18 PM 

Your a fucking douche bag and you know it, pussy. I'm done with this, you want to come forward.

x
(no login)

Re: At least

No score for this post
July 22 2012, 8:27 PM 

Your a fucking douche bag and you know it, pussy. I'm done with this, you want to come forward.

BP
(no login)

Grow Up

No score for this post
July 23 2012, 12:00 AM 

Why don't you two grow the fuck up.... to think you "might" be adults is scary... I never saw parents act like you two... these are kids we are talking about... you are embarrassing yourselves and your kids with your nonsense! I am willing to bet neither of you ever played any high level competitive hockey and are reliving your lives through your kids??!! Let the kids play hockey and learn the sport... they are not signing NHL contracts here ...so chill out and enjoy watching them play. and... by the way... before you go spouting off with your big mouth... I did play the game for 19+ years and played Division 1 as well as Jr A and also went on to sign with NHL affiliate team in OHL...so save your nonsense for someone who cares. Let the kids play hockey and enjoy it.

Ned Braiden
(no login)

really?

No score for this post
July 23 2012, 4:01 AM 

Facts

1) There are no NHL affiliated teams in the OHL. There hasn't been in 40+ years since the Bobby Orr era.
2) If you played in the OHL, you were not eligible to play NCAA Hockey. The NCAA considers Major Junior hockey as professionals.

Horace Gump
(no login)

Re: Grow Up

No score for this post
July 24 2012, 5:16 PM 

I won two straight NWHL titles in the late 70's. Don't knock my hockey skills. Those trophies will last forever. X won a patty cakes tournament in 3rd grade.

BP
(no login)

Re: Hey BP

No score for this post
July 20 2012, 8:44 PM 

WRONG!! They are NOT the biggest club.... They just put out a good product = championship teams. Blues program is very solid and have good coaching... Nothing to argue with. They will bringing home another 9 or 10 banners this year!

Anonymous
(no login)

Blues one of the biggest clubs = success

No score for this post
July 21 2012, 6:45 AM 

It helps tremendously that they pull players from all areas and are centrally located. A club like northbrook that does recruit from all areas does not do as well mite - pee wee but has great development and leads to great highschool teams consistently.

If Blues just pulled from one suburb, they probably wouldn't have 9 banners.

Its like the Falcons 2001 team last year they pulled from all over the state and I think they had a player from wisconsin. I could tell you they won a lot of games not sure on the development, the coach is ok, but don't think he helped their development.

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Blues one of the biggest clubs = success

No score for this post
July 21 2012, 11:13 AM 

ya recruiting money out of your pockets suckas!

Marty
(no login)

Know the facts

No score for this post
July 21 2012, 12:02 PM 

Fact #1: Kid from Wisconsin started with the Falcons as a Mite. His squirt Major year was his third as a Falcon.

Fact #2: "Not sure the kids developed." The team finished the year going 4-1-1 against the top three AAA teams from Boston. Two of those teams were top 5 and the third was top ten in the country. Consequently finished as the 3rd ranked AAA team in the country by MHR. No development there, just keep walking.

Fact #3: "the Coach is Ok." That statement shows your ignorance. RT is one of, if not the best youth coach in the state. No question about it, just ask around.

I hope that clears things up for you.

anon
(no login)

Re: Know the facts

No score for this post
July 21 2012, 3:20 PM 

What makes RT better than some of the very good coaches other clubs have? Not asking to put him down but don't know what he does different. He seems to attract very good players to come play for him so there must be something there.

Marty
(no login)

Re: Know the facts

No score for this post
July 21 2012, 9:17 PM 

All you need to do is watch a RT practice or clinic to see what sets him apart from the rest. He is really good, he is a true hockey professional.

Schrute
(no login)

RT

No score for this post
July 22 2012, 11:23 AM 

My son has never played for RT but I have seen a few of his practices and they are extremely well run.

MIchael Scott
(no login)

RT

No score for this post
July 23 2012, 5:30 AM 

Great point about RTs practices. Go watch one of his off season skates, loads of AAA players at them. Only reason for them to be there is because he runs a great practice. He is an exceptional coach.

Anonymous
(no login)

Another RT fan

No score for this post
July 23 2012, 7:24 AM 

He takes all the summer business from Vernon Hills

anon
(no login)

Re: Another RT fan

No score for this post
July 23 2012, 10:25 AM 

Where do I find out about RT's off season practices? Any info would be appreciated.

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Another RT fan

No score for this post
July 25 2012, 2:50 PM 

you people are all walking poop bags and breeding has done nothing but make this world worse for everyone around you dropping your little sh*ts around like your clones are making society better. do us all a favor and get snipped and tied. parents are the worse kind of people. they breed.

anon
(no login)

business of hockey

No score for this post
July 31 2012, 11:42 AM 

Why does it feel that ADM at clubs means less ice time, more limiting rules and more expensive hockey. Shouldn't costs be going down since kids have less ice time so they can play more sports. These clubs seem to be scamming the people. Hold them accountable for providing good product.

anon
(no login)

business of hockey

No score for this post
July 31 2012, 11:43 AM 

Why does it feel that ADM at clubs means less ice time, more limiting rules and more expensive hockey. Shouldn't costs be going down since kids have less ice time so they can play more sports. These clubs seem to be scamming the people. Hold them accountable for providing good product.

Anon
(no login)

Re: business of hockey

No score for this post
July 31 2012, 12:57 PM 

Prices only go in one direction.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
August 8 2012, 3:57 PM 

get the beers cold in crestwood, conditioning starts at SJ, and the picnic bench spots outside are filling fast. Have yourself an hours worth, while PM has them jumping over zambonis inside, and hope they are not too tired to be the DD's to get you home safely!!!!

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
August 10 2012, 4:17 PM 

Hoping we have some games at SW this year!

shocked by stupid
(no login)

MUST BE OUT OF YOUR MIND!

No score for this post
August 9 2012, 11:09 AM 

YOU HAVE THE BEST LISTED AS THE BLUES. NOT ONLY HAVE THEY NEVER DEVELOPED A HOCKEY PLAYER, BUT THE HAVE SOME OF THE LEAST AMOUNTS OF PRACTICES OF ANY CLUB IN AHAI. THEIR TOP TEAMS ARE CSDHL AND THAT DRAWS THE BEST PLAYERS FROM CLUBS EVERYWHERE! THEY LOSE MORE THEN HALF OF THERE SEASON GAMES (csdhl) AT BEST DURING THE REGULAR SEASON (WITH EXCEPTION TO FINNER'S TEAM) AND THEN BEAT UP ON GOLD AND SILVER NIHL TEAMS FOR STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS.

AS FOR DEVELOPMENT, THE TEAMS YOU HAVE AT THE BOTTOM ARE ACTUALLY SOME OF THE BEST FOR DEVELOPMENT. IN THE SEASON BEFORE LAST THE EXPRESS TOOK HOME 8 FLAGS. THEY DO NOT HAVE A PLAYER DRAW LIKE CSDHL SO THE REASON THEY SUCCEED IS GOOD OLD FASHIONED HOCKEY. THEY ALSO HAVE AT LEAST ONE MORE ICE SLOT EVERY WEEK FOR PRACTICE THEN THE BLUE (AGAIN WITH THE EXCEPTION FO FINNER'S TEAM). IF THEY DID NOT HIRE A TOTAL CRETAN AS AN HD THEY WOULD HAVE CONTINUED TO DOMINATE INSTEAD OF LOSING DOZENS OF PLAYER TO OTHER CLUBS (AS A SIDE NOTE THERE ARE AT LEAST 20 KIDS FROM EXPRESS PLAYING FOR THE BLUES ON TOP TEAMS). STILL A GOOD PLACE TO LEARN HOCKEY AS THEY HAVE SOLID COACHING (JUST DO NOT TALK TO THE HD).

YOU ALSO HAVE THE BULLDOGS AS A DOG IN DEVELOPMENT. THIS PROGRAM WAS STRICTLY HOUSE LEAGUE TWO SEASONS AGO. IN THEIR SECOND YEAR THEY HAD FOUR TEAMS (OUT OF 7) THAT COMPETED IN THE STATE FINAL FOUR. ONE TEAM BROUGHT HOME A FIRST PLACE AT MITES.

ANYWAY, A LIST LIKE THIS ONLY SERVES TO STIR ONES BLOOD. iF YOU WANT TO WIN A STATE FLAG GO TO THE BLUES. IF YOU WANT TO DEVELOP SKILL I THINK YOUR BEST BET IS TO CHOOSE THE PROGRAM THAT GIVES THE MOST ICE. BUYERS BEWARE! BEFORE YOU SIGN YOUR CHOICES AWAY, GET IT IN WRITING THE MINIMUM NUMBER OF PRACTICES YOU WILL HAVE PER YEAR. THEN ATTEND PRESEASON AT A FEW CLUBS TO SEE HOW YOU FIT. GOOD LUCK!

Anon
(no login)

you must have bone to pick

No score for this post
August 9 2012, 12:04 PM 

My son played for the Blues after leaving another program. He is no longer playing there, so I have no current interest in the program. I can honestly say that he developed greatly and we are grateful for the coaching. In addition to the scheduled practices, they frequently offer additional coached skates for as little as $10 per session when open ice is available. One only need look at the roster of alumni currently playing D1 to see that few AA programs develop players as do the Blues. One may say that I'm out of my mind, but if I am, the reasons have nothing to do with my opinions about the Blues organization.

This forum has a Blues basher who continues to resurface. For whatever reason, he/she wants to encourage people to go anywhere but the Blues. Perhaps he/she identifies him/herself as the town crier. We get it, you don't like the Blues and you strongly urge people to go anywhere but there. Tell us your name, the name of your child, his coaches, and the reasons why you believe that he did not develop at the Blues.

As I have also said before, no Blues parent ever expressed their dissatisfaction with their player's development in my presence over a period of 3 years.

Town Crier
(no login)

Lets be realistic

No score for this post
August 13 2012, 5:27 PM 

Your son has been at the Blues for three years and has still not made a csdhl team. Do not know what you define as development, but since he won't make it this year while kids from other clubs take his spot should give you a reasonable idea of the " development" your son has achieved versus the development of kids at other rinks.

I am not a blues basher. The blues are a great place to play CSDHl but they lack in developing their own players.

This is not a Personel attack against your child. The question in this thread is which clubs are best at developing players. The truth is the truth wether it serves your purpose or not.

(no login)

Development

No score for this post
August 10 2012, 8:51 AM 

Leafs???? Please.....

anon
(no login)

One Club....

No score for this post
August 10 2012, 12:17 PM 

I think the club from the armpit of Illinois and the land of doublewides is a little low on the list.

anon
(no login)

updated list

No score for this post
August 11 2012, 10:08 PM 

With feedback comes better ranking.
Winnetka
Falcons
Blues
Northbrook
Hawks
Leafs
Stars
Sabres
Knights
Vikings
Jaguars
Wolfpack
Bulldogs
Ice Dogs
Bruins
Chargers
Huskies
Flyers
Wildkits
Icehogs
Cyclones
Redwings
Jets
Admirals
Wilmette
Yellowjackets
Express

anon
(no login)

And

No score for this post
August 12 2012, 2:54 PM 

The armpits drops another notch.

anon
(no login)

Re: And

No score for this post
August 12 2012, 4:34 PM 

Let me try this.

Falcons
Northbrook
Sabres
Bruins
Blues
Knights
Stars
Winnetka
Huskies
Hawks
Wolfpack
Vikings
Bulldogs
Ice Dogs
Chargers
Flyers
Wildkits
Yellowjackets
Leafs
Jets
Icehogs
Cyclones
Jaguars
Redwings
Wilmette
Express
Admirals

Bob A Booey
(no login)

Rankings

No score for this post
August 14 2012, 7:03 AM 

Ice Dogs should be a bit higher in the list above.

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Rankings

No score for this post
August 14 2012, 7:46 AM 

LMAO ^^ IDogs hahaha

anon
(no login)

No score for this post
August 14 2012, 3:07 PM 

From a pure hockey development perspective, the Blues are the best.

Overall, the Sabres are the largest and most fiscally sound club in IL

anon
(no login)

Response to Town Crier "Let"s Be Realistic"

No score for this post
August 14 2012, 3:42 PM 

How did Town Crier determine that my son did not play csdhl? In fact, he did play csdhl with the Blues and became a far better hockey player because of the coaching and development there. Funny how people make false assumptions to support a point, or worse still, offer a smug display of irrationality and couch it as objective constructive crticism. Truth is truth? The truth is, you are a Blues basher, not a fair reporter of the facts. My son is gone from there now, but I am grateful to that organization for all it provided my son.

anon
(no login)

Re: Response to Town Crier "Let"s Be Realistic"

No score for this post
August 14 2012, 5:46 PM 

You can take the top 5 from the list above and they're about equal. The rest you can shake up and pick randomly, they're success depends on the quality of athletes that walk through the door.

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Response to Town Crier "Let"s Be Realistic"

No score for this post
August 14 2012, 7:07 PM 

Wrong! A 5 year old player needs to be developed. The best clubs develop their own and add talent at the older levels where needed

ugh
(no login)

ugh

No score for this post
August 15 2012, 6:32 AM 

No a 5 years old needs to skate and enjoy. You people are idiots.

town crier
(no login)

another midol moment

No score for this post
August 15 2012, 6:12 AM 

If your son played CSDHL at the blues and he came from some other rink and he is done with hockey then the logic still holds. That means that your son was about peewee age when he came to the blues ( if you are telling the truth). Hmmmmm, wonder if that means he was developed at another club? Take a midol and get over yourself.

The reason this turns into a bashing is that people like you come on and either lie or manipulate the truth. Here is a fact, the blues skate twice a week (not including games) and then have 1-2 skills a month. They get some of the least ice time in all of travel hockey in Illinois. They are able to do this because they have some of the best coaches in the sport and they do not need to develop the players skill set (already been done long before they ever make a csdhl team) so they can concentrate on systems and conditioning.

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: another midol moment

No score for this post
August 15 2012, 7:26 AM 

Got to go with Winnetka. Loads of banners. Home ice to the NT teams (like walking in old Yankee stadium).

Lots of great looking mioms as well that you don't see anywhere else.

Yea, Winnetka for sure....

Hockey Mom
(no login)

Best

No score for this post
August 18 2012, 6:09 PM 

I concur with WInnetka. No recruiting like the Blues (they get the best recruiting award, especially now with their new cheif of recruiting), home grown talent, no imports (or very few) And they "just say no" to Central States!

anon
(no login)

Response to Town Crier "Another Midol Moment"

No score for this post
August 15 2012, 11:56 AM 

Why do I need a Midol or have to get over myself? I haven't said my kid is great or other kids are bad. I simply stated my experience and opinion. Yours differs, but you persist in bashing a program that I think does a great job.

My son was developed at another program, then moved to the Blues, where he recveived more development. He was on the ice 2-3 times per week, then both days on the weekends, totalling 4-5 days per week through most of the school year. We would not have wanted to be there any more than that.

Again, my son came with some development in his history, received additional development at the Blues, and became a fuller player because of it. We got all the ice time that we wanted, and we were happy with the program. No parent ever expressed to me their dissatisfaction with ice time or lack of development, and I did speak with parents on other teams. I'm sure that some people must have been unhappy, based on your apparent dissatisfaction. However, I believe that you are in the minority, not the majority. People should not make decisions about a program based on an occasional disgruntled, dissatisfied customer, and one who is clearly biased and unable to present a logical case for his position.

Town Crier
(no login)

You proved my points

No score for this post
August 19 2012, 11:49 AM 

First, it is 100% true that the blues get some of the least ice time in all of illinois travel hockey.

Second, you proved that development took place outside blues.

Third, my logic figured you out from the get go.

Fourth, it does not matter if you think two practices per week is enough. You are not a coach or even aware of the ADM. Both will tell you that 3-4 practices every week in minimal.

Stupid is as stupid does......

And you are the basher..... You gave me my name....

anon
(no login)

Town Crier is illogical

No score for this post
August 19 2012, 7:50 PM 

Town Crier, your logic is faulty.

1) My son was on the ice 4-5 times a week. He did not want to practice on weekends, he wanted to play games. We did not want to be at the ice rink anymore than we were.

2) He was developed over his entire youth hockey career, first by one program, then by the Blues. He got better at both.

Can it be any simpler?

I choose not to debate with you again because no matter what I say, it woun't make any difference. Your ability to reason is lacking.

Say whatever you want to about me or what I have said, your comments are argumentative, illogical, and worthless. The Blues will do fine no matter what you say, and anyone who has an interest in joining that program and who takes the initiative to investigate it will determine its quality for himself/herself.

Current Topic - Best AA Hockey Clubs
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement