<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

off ice/ dryland

July 27 2012 at 6:20 AM
No score for this post
Curious  (no login)
from IP address 174.231.134.193

Just wondering how important dryland/off ice is at the AA level. I've always thought our club had a great off ice program, and you can tell that the coaches put a lot of time into planning for each age group.
What I don't understand is why less than half of the kids even participate in it, and most of the parents seem appalled by the idea of working the kids into shape! I'm wondering what other clubs do for dryland, and how the kids/parents value it??

Why spend valuable ice time working on skills that can be developed outside or in the off ice facility? Maybe I'm missing something.........

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
no zone
(no login)

hockey zone @ 8pm is a joke

No score for this post
July 27 2012, 6:31 AM 

P90X is all you need and cheaper

Anon
(no login)

Re: off ice/ dryland

No score for this post
July 27 2012, 12:37 PM 

Well it depends on the age of the player. Fast twitch and muscle development have been proven to be counterproductive before puberty.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement