<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

Squirt AAA To Be Eliminated

November 24 2010 at 6:37 AM
No score for this post
Cayhob  (no login)
from IP address 99.141.195.219

http://cayhockey.blogspot.com/2010/11/squirt-aaa-to-be-eliminated.html

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
anon
(no login)

Re: Squirt AAA To Be Eliminated

No score for this post
November 24 2010, 9:06 AM 

i'm suprised it tokk this long

Hockey Parent of Many
(no login)

Squirt AAA Abolished - Bad Idea

No score for this post
November 29 2010, 3:13 PM 

This is a bad idea. Other states and other countries will continue to skirt around this with select teams, etc. only to gain further advantages. If anything, start AAA sooner, not later, and limit travel and games and increase practice and instruction to allow for the development of more players. My sons' best memories were at the squirt level when the competition was fierce, the travel was fun, and the kids he played with were great to be around. Let's not screw this up as this goes along with the other logic that players shouldn't check till Pee Wee Major.

(no login)

Re: Squirt AAA

No score for this post
November 29 2010, 5:09 PM 

Why should we worry what other countries are doing? "To gain further advantages" of what? 9 and 10 year old hockey? However, I do agree that AAA at Squirt age should not be done away with, but "start AAA sooner"??? What.....AAA Mini Mites? That would just give parents a couple more years headstart to get really over the top!

AA
(no login)

No score for this post
December 2 2010, 11:23 AM 

A good AA team and organisation will accomplish the skill development with far less travel and far less dough. Few of the AAA Squirts are still playing AAA at Midgets. Conversely most AAA Midgets played for good AA Coaches at Squirts and Pee Wee's developing solid fundamentals.

(no login)

No score for this post
December 3 2010, 6:15 AM 

By the lack of participation on this subject, I change my opinion since obviously no one cares. They should pull the plug on Squirt AAA!

PARENT
(no login)

Re: Squirt AAA Abolished - Bad Idea

No score for this post
December 22 2010, 9:55 AM 

I have two boys currently playing AAA on the Bantam m and Midget M level. They did not start AAA until (one was a 2nd yr PW the other a 1st yr Bantam). Let's face it folks those parents who are sending their kids to AAA as Squirts are doing it for themselves not the kids. They want to tell
people that "My kidÂ’s playing AAA" and to keep up with the Jones. Big deal. Reality check, the local Chicagoland AAA teams barely had enough kids to put teams together on the Squirt AAA level. So guess what, you pay the bill, you make the team!!! These kids should all be playing close to home, with their local school friends, friends from other sports etc.. Between the drive to the rink, arriving early for off ice, getting undressed and the drive home families are spending up to 5 hours for a 60 minute practice- OUTRAGEOUS!!!
THIS WILL BURN YOUR CHILD OUT!!

(no login)

Hockey $$

No score for this post
December 23 2010, 7:59 PM 

Too much money involved in this sport...they will not eliminate AAA Squirt!

UNCLE VITO
(no login)

Re: Hockey $$

No score for this post
December 24 2010, 7:12 PM 

IS THIS FINAL YEAR FOR SQT AAA?

Hockey Parent
(no login)

In Response to Parent Post Above

No score for this post
December 26 2010, 6:06 AM 

I have several kids who played AAA from the very beginning and your perspective couldn't be further from the truth. Kids burn out because they simply lose their love for the game, or their passion to the level needed, to keep playing. I can tell you that my experience doesn't include 5 hours for every practice so I'm not sure about where you live and where you played. The bottom line here is AAA is a great level, the instruction is better, the competition is better, and the opportunities to advance to the next level beyond AAA are there. AAA is not about keeping up with the Jones', rather its about playing a great sport at a high level with the hopes that your kid can play beyond high school. Anyone who is playing AAA for any other reason should play AA and not waste the money.

true?
(no login)

Re: In Response to Parent Post Above

No score for this post
January 9 2011, 3:38 PM 

I heard they are not taking AAA hockey away in IL next year....any truth to that?

Cayhob
(no login)

No score for this post
January 11 2011, 7:45 AM 

Well those who played Squirt Minors will be allowed to play AAA as Majors next season.

huh
(no login)

No score for this post
January 11 2011, 7:52 PM 

IL doesn't have squirt AAA minors?

Cayhob
(no login)

No score for this post
January 12 2011, 9:03 AM 

Did you read the blog? Michigan has moved to eliminate squirt AAA, starting with Minor next season. Major will follow the season after that, allowing for current players to finish out. According to the AHAI BOD minutes from August, Illinois "will most likely follow suit". Since IL has no Squirt Minor AAA, then it makes sense that they would wait until 2012 to make the move.

got it
(no login)

No score for this post
January 12 2011, 1:09 PM 

got it my bad..it was being discussed in IL to drop Squirt AAA this year. in reading all the responses I thought we were talking soley about IL...anyway thank you for the clarification.

Current Topic - Squirt AAA To Be Eliminated
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement