<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

99 Goalies

October 12 2011 at 10:37 AM
No score for this post
Goalie Fan  (no login)
from IP address 166.137.142.198

New to Chicago & wondering how the goalies are for the AAA teams at the '99 level?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Tretiak
(no login)

Re: 99 Goalies

No score for this post
October 12 2011, 3:13 PM 

Cuddle up to the coach, offer up a boatload of cash, tossing in the wife can't hurt and you're all set. Try to go it on talent alone and you can eliminate going out for TI, Mission, and CYA. Did I mention offering up some cash?

(no login)

Re: Re: 99 Goalies

No score for this post
October 12 2011, 4:02 PM 

Well......welcome to Chicago where AAA doesn't mean a thing. If you got the cash (and a hot wife that's willing to put out), they got a spot for your kid. He doesn't have to stop the puck.

anon
(no login)

No score for this post
October 12 2011, 5:09 PM 

Bla bla bla .....

My kid got in at PM. My wife is hot but only puts out with me. We did not cuddle with coach and did not throw a boatload of cash.

He was recruited by two teams. We picked the best fit. Now he is at BM. Go see some games and take a good look. While some of the 8 goalies at this level may not be too strong, some are - just guessing, don't have a 99. If your kid stacks up, they will call. If not, do spring. If he is good enough, they will take him.

Don't listen to the crap here. If that is where he should be playing, that is where he will be playing.

Hot?
(no login)

No score for this post
October 12 2011, 6:20 PM 

She doesnt have to be hot in certain cases the older and fatter the better.

(no login)

re;goalies

No score for this post
October 12 2011, 7:17 PM 

I know SD has done some pretty shitty things around town but do we have to
make mention of it in every posting?

Another Goalie Dad
(no login)

99 Goalies?

No score for this post
October 17 2011, 7:44 AM 

As a dad of a junior playing goalie who at the time, grew up in chicago.... by the time he got to midget aaa goaltending, only he and one other goalie were still in aaa or higher from the 8 chicago goaltenders that were there his pee wee major year. a lot will change.

hockeymom4ever
(Login hockeymom4ever)

Re: re;goalies

No score for this post
October 19 2011, 11:52 AM 

Until things change ! It should be mentioned EVERY DaY !!!!! When its your family and he is preying on their vunriblity would you spiral and do ANYTHING and EVERYTHING to save it ! Would you give up or would you fight and be determined to get rid of him ever coaching any kid EVER Again ??? Seems to me HE is never going to STOP until enough people see that there is a chance he could do this to your family ! I havent heard just rumors ( thats what they are RUMORS ) I have seen him in ACTION and it makes me SICK !!!! HE doesnt STOP he has no morals and why on earth is he still caoching ? He needs to LEAVE HOCKEY ! end of STORY but, not the end of him waiting to Sleep with Anyone who will and trust me any family who LIVES for hockey and spends their life to have their kids play is vunerable ! All these families driving hours and spending so much time at rinks or away ! JUST REMEMBER he is waiting like a HAWK..... watching trying to BREAK YOUR FAMILY and get lucky too !!!

And What
(no login)

Talk ABOUT HOCKEY

No score for this post
October 19 2011, 7:27 PM 

Hey Lady, The thread was about 1999 Goalies in AAA. If you have any input on that subject it would be great. How do you reply to a thread about goalies and start up about SD. Please lets all discuss teams, players. We all know about SD it is an old subject. It either bothers you or it doen't, but I am pretty sure he isn"t a 99 goalie. For that matter he isn't a 99 coach or a goalie coach. Talk about the kids.....................

Cnk11
(no login)

re: Dubinski

No score for this post
October 21 2011, 4:40 PM 

HockeyMom I was told to go on this board because have heard these things about Steve for years in different markets. I'm surprised more isn't written. If its true he needs to stop immediately. It wont be tolerated in the greater hockey world. Its bad for hockey.

GF
(no login)

Moving to Chicago in February

No score for this post
August 1 2012, 11:56 AM 

Moving to IL and my son is a 99 goalie in TX, Its a good AA team but I think he can make AAA next year. When are the tryouts for spring? Is it pointless? I looked at websites but it doesnt list. Any info appreciated thanks, Gus

anon
(no login)

Re: Moving to Chicago in February

No score for this post
August 1 2012, 12:47 PM 

Spring tryouts are usually begin in mid-March. They post info usually around the beginning of February. The spring season goes from April until mid-May and then Fall tryouts before Memorial Day. If you are in the area by February it will give you time to check out all of the AAA organizations during the state playoffs. Without seeing your child play I will tell you that it will be hard to gain a spot on the Mission. They have been together for a few years and they are one of the best teams in the country.(They won Nationals last year.) You would have a better chance with the three other organizations. It might depend on where you re-locate. Team Illinois plays in West Dundee. CYA plays in Lincolnwood. The Fury plays in Orland Park. I hope this helps.

Anon
(no login)

No score for this post
August 1 2012, 6:09 PM 

It should be no problem. Even if you miss a few skates. A lot of aaa spring is like signed up drop in skates in a way.

If he shows he belongs, they will take him to some tourneys.

(no login)

Moving to Chicago

No score for this post
August 1 2012, 8:07 PM 

Pretty much what everybody said above is correct. If you are moving to Chicago in February then you will have plenty of time to hook up with a AAA organization, but don't expect to be welcomed with open arms. Just sayin. I am not trying to be negative, but I believe the '99 birth year is pretty strong in the goaltending area. I know Texas has pretty decent hockey, but unless your son is a 6 footer or is extremely talented, don't expect your son to make a team since next season will be Bantam Major at the '99 year. Good Luck!

Looking for talent
(no login)

No score for this post
August 3 2012, 10:41 PM 

Gus- your '99 would have a great shot with the Sabres (Naperville) if you are in the western suburbs it makes sense to tryout. He would have a shot at Bantam Major this year as we've lost 3 98/99 goalies over the last year or two to AAA teams. Sign up for the Blue and Goald clinic and the free goalie sessions to test drive the club.

Too funny
(no login)

No score for this post
August 4 2012, 4:11 AM 

I know you guys are hurting for goalies, but do you really expect a goalie who is not moving to Chicago until Feb to come to blue and gold in a few weeks and play on your BM team this season?

Anon
(no login)

No score for this post
August 4 2012, 6:12 PM 

The bigger question should be....Why would amyone move to this State?

(no login)

No score for this post
August 7 2012, 7:25 AM 

Yea, I agree with the post above. If the goalie isn't moving till February....what's the point. I know the family wants to get their ducks in a row, but so much can change from now until then. There may be hope at the '98 TI team in February when the goalies might have just had it at that point and quit.

Current Topic - 99 Goalies
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement