<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

CONGRATULATIONS

April 1 2012 at 12:12 PM
No score for this post
IL FAN  (no login)
from IP address 67.176.204.27

Congrats to all of the Illinois teams for a great showing at Nationals!!

NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
Chicago Mission 99s (Tier 1 Youth 12U)
Glenview Stars (Tier 2 Girls 12U)

NATIONAL FINALISTS
Chicago Mission (Tier 1 Girls 19U)

BRONZE MEDALISTS
Chicago Mission (Tier 1 Youth Midget Minor)
Bruins (Tier 2 Youth 12U)
Blues (Tier 2 Youth 14U)
Sabres (Tier 2 Youth Midget Minor)
Bruins (Tier 2 Youth Midget Major)
CYA (Tier 1 Girls 12U)
Falcons (Tier 2 Girls 14U)

NATIONAL QUARTERFINALISTS
CYA (Tier 1 Girls 16U)
Bruins (Tier 2 Girls 16U)
Huskies (Tier 2 Youth Midget Major)

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
(no login)

Mission mm mistake

No score for this post
April 1 2012, 6:18 PM 

They let go an EP player who went onto Jrs and is ranked just below their star player. Had they kept him, they would have dominated the entire season and took home the title!

STUPID...but fitting I guess. They took a kid from NW Chicago that had no business being there!!!! In hockey politics, the team always loses and a few kids win!!!!

Fan
(no login)

Player

No score for this post
April 1 2012, 6:22 PM 

Politics or not, one player will not matter!

(no login)

No offense, but

No score for this post
April 1 2012, 6:40 PM 

Really? You are the exact problem with Illinois hockey!

People (coaches, etc.) that have your mindset is exactly why fewer kids from USA make the NHL! It should never be about money, or 'it's who you know' - than a kids talent! A great player SHOULD ALWAYS MAKE THE TEAM!!!! Not because he wasn't expected to be on the roster 'bullshit'!

I know personally many awesome hockey players that have left the game because they were talented in baseball, basketball and football but finally 'gave in' to the horrible political posture of Illinois hockey. Had they stuck with it, wow??? Would the star players really be star players today?

Really??? The scouts best prospect just one year ago who they thought was chicken pot pie and now chicken broth!!!!

It's sad! Sad that people like you chase away great players that really could be future greats. I'm just glad you weren't in Wayne's hockey career. There will be another Modano, just so you don't get involved!!!!!

(no login)

And

No score for this post
April 1 2012, 6:47 PM 

To say one player doesn't matter, you might want to discuss playing nationals without NS!!

Your comment was absurd!

anon
(no login)

omg

No score for this post
April 1 2012, 7:48 PM 

Can we give the ns bs (back slapping). greatest gift to hockey crap a rest.

(no login)

Re: Player

No score for this post
April 2 2012, 6:38 AM 

I tend to disagree with that statement. One player DOES matter. How about if Malkin didn't step up to the plate while Crosby was recovering? Pittsburgh wouldn't have even made the playoffs this year! So....one player DOES matter and is even more so in youth sports! One player can carry a whole team even in the U18 ranks.

(no login)

No score for this post
April 2 2012, 8:18 AM 

Bad intentions. Bad results. This team not winning natianals is a disappointment. They didnt take the best kids. As Steve Miller said "go on take the money and run"

i see crazy people...
(no login)

No score for this post
April 2 2012, 9:55 AM 

Maybe some superstar player's attitude is bad for the team. Also likely is that his parents are so over the top, you don't want them. Who knows who, what, where, why, exactly? But you think you know, don't you? You will continue to spew your own take... which is your right.

Here's my take => Some coaches are not good people and as hockey grows, the percentage is likely to rise, but they still need to win most of the time or they are replaced. They won't shoot themselves in the foot completely for the money. The biggest problem that looms on the horizon is you {type parents}. Twitchy, judge every f*cking decision, I know what makes the best team, god damn viruses. You're typically louder than the normal "let's play hockey" type of parent, so you begin to mutate newbies that have no clue how to help your kid develop great skills while giving them SOME FUN growing up in the hockey machine incubator. KIDS THAT MIGHT HAVE A CHANCE DO DROP OUT, not because of coaches, BUT BECAUSE OF YOU WONDERFUL PARENTS. A kid doesn't need to be on national championship teams to get noticed, you dipsh*ts. I realize my rant is futile. You will all throw rocks and go back to your entrenched hockey success model. Sad, really.

(no login)

Stupid is as stupid does

No score for this post
April 2 2012, 7:02 PM 

The guy above stating anything about parents at the mm level as being crazies needs to get his head examined! Yeah, most of those parents at each of those games, when their kid were minor mites and squirts, I'm sure each of them at one time or another 'got out of hand'! Especially since most of those kids were playing AA and AAA then too!

But really? Now? Most of the crazies I knew back then have all tamed down because for crying-out-loud, your kid's a mm!!!! Haven't you learned anything?? Really?

And even then, to build a team around level headed parents, hot moms and kids that are OK, is pretty damn stupid!!!!

anon
(no login)

Re: Stupid is as stupid does

No score for this post
April 2 2012, 7:41 PM 

mm players are either good enough and dedicated enough or they are not.

Maybe one or two kids on this team and other AAA teams in IL have a world of talent and assume they will show up and dominate. That will fade and they will become the perfect ECHL or AHL player or lower.

Another one or two kids on this team and other AAA teams in IL have talent and rest when they should, eat right, and take it seriously. They do not take it for granted that they will have what it takes otherwise. They will become the perfect ECHL or AHL players or lower.

The VAST majority of these kids will never be paid to play hockey. It is possible one or a few will make it to the highest level. Either way, every kid will grow and find their own way in this highly competitive sport. No parent will have an effect on the final outcome other that helping then establish good habits at a young age. Even that doean't mean much once a kid starts making their own decisions.

So, if you want to come on here and bash the mm team for losing to Long Island in OT or bash the other three AAA mm teams for not getting out of state or whatever, enjoy spewing hate for some ill done to you. Plenty of kids made this team and every other AAA mm team in IL on their own play. And in the end, that is up to your son, his talent, and his dedication throughout the season to do what is best for his game. No AAA team in this state was solely picked on side issues.

Dr. Demento
(no login)

No score for this post
April 3 2012, 11:13 AM 

I'm the guy 7:02 thinks should have his head examined LOL. Should I use your people? But I'm thinking, they don't seem to be helping you any.

7:41 - relavent post. Keep 'em coming.

Dr. Demento
(no login)

No score for this post
April 3 2012, 11:13 AM 

I'm the guy 7:02 thinks should have his head examined LOL. Should I use your people? But I'm thinking, they don't seem to be helping you any.

7:41 - relavent post. Keep 'em coming.

(no login)

Response to the two

No score for this post
April 3 2012, 6:43 PM 

7:02:

You still need therapy. If you read my post, my main statement is that it isn't about the parents!!! But your post claims to state that it is so. And at the mm level, it's silly to say picking kids has anything to do with parents being 'crazy'.

7:41

While you do have a good tongue illustrating the obvious, I don't agree with your primary statement. I still stand by my statement that Illinois hockey is still tarred by coaches that don't pick the best kids, hide kids that could rise to the top and hurt USA hockey.

I always find it funny about people like 7:41!!!

1) He states the obvious in that he is right, most of our kids won't see NHL!
2) What he won't state, is that top tier kids in AAA do have a decent chance at NCAA!
3) And NCAA deserves better!
4) And the real fight in Illinois hockey are coaches and parents posturing sub-par players!

At the mission, to let go a kid who is ranked just below their star player is disgusting! How can they do that? Just because you have a roster already planned????

It's an injustice to the team, to the kids' hard work and what do you get? NOTHING?

All I'm saying is, there was a better chance!!!!

(no login)

Junior Player

No score for this post
April 3 2012, 9:39 PM 

What player got cut from the mm team that went on to Juniors? Ranked just below NS? This I have got to know?

Uninvited Guest
(no login)

Response to the one

No score for this post
April 4 2012, 10:52 AM 

6:43 - you're still a dipsh*t...

If a kid is really good, it doesn't matter if there a few money kids on the team and the team doesn't win nationals. The kid will get noticed and move on. Pretty simple.

If a kid is really good, f*cked up parents will most likely be tolerated. If a kid is OK, maybe. If a kid is marginal, probably not (unless...? $$$). Is this description simple enough for you to understand?

The other person's post is relevant. You, on the other hand... Awww, you're OK too. There's gotta be a dipsh*t in every circle. You can be ours.

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement