<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

U12's

November 9 2008 at 5:05 AM
No score for this post
Anonymous  (no login)
from IP address 67.176.181.137

GO HUSKIES U12 TEAM!!! YOU ALL PLAY WITH SUCH HEART!!!

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Standings
(no login)

Looking good

No score for this post
November 9 2008, 2:49 PM 

Teams are looking good out there. Good girl competition. Good to see so many clubs with girls teams. Yellow Jackets #1 look to take it all at the NIHL level. No one has nothing for them. Admirals coming along nicely and can be compettive! Falcons looking to gain in standings with a young team. Saddle and Cycle look much better than years of old, and good for them!

All around, good hockey!!!

(no login)

Re: Looking good

No score for this post
November 17 2008, 4:15 AM 

Are the Winnetka & Yellowjackets U12's as good as/better than the CYA U12 team? Winnetka beat the Wild/Caps yesterday 2-1, but the Wild/Caps have split 2 close games with the Yellowjackets and tied and beat CYA in close games. http://www.wisconsinwild.com/stat/game_center/11598

Has Mission U12 played any of these teams? Results?

Are Winnetka or the Yellowjackets eligible for Central District, or are they designated as Tier II only?

GirlsU12
(no login)

State

No score for this post
November 17 2008, 5:51 AM 

Any U12 team is eligible to play AA. CYA and Mission must play AA because they held early tryouts. The date to register for state was Nov. 15th.

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: State

No score for this post
November 23 2008, 8:45 PM 

Glenview U10 would compete with these teams.

(no login)

No score for this post
November 24 2008, 5:22 AM 

After this past weekend anyone can beat the Wild/Caps.

Rink Dad
(no login)

No score for this post
December 2 2008, 6:33 AM 

I saw the Glenview Girls U10 play my son's Squirt team in a practice game.
I have seen many of the Yellowjackets U12 #1 games, and my personal opinion is that they, or the Winnetka U12's would easily handle the Glenview U10 squad.
Put the Glenview U10's up against the Yellowjacket U10's and you'd have a much closer contest.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
December 2 2008, 1:49 PM 

Yellowjackets U10 team with or without the top goalie who is playing for the U12's? Glenview U10 beat Winnetka U10 5-1 in a practice game. The only game that is posted on the NIHL website has the Yellowjackets losing 6-1 against Winnetka. Please contact the Glenview U10 coach concerning a practice game.

State
(no login)

State Tournament

No score for this post
December 3 2008, 9:06 AM 

Who is in and who is out? Teams were required to register by 11/15.

Who is playing AA and who is playing A?

Mission and CYA must play AA. Is anyone else playing AA - maybe Yellow Jackets and Winnetka? Mission is not as dominant as last year and there is a very real possibility that a NIHL team could win U12 AA and advance to Districts/Nationals.

Any other U12 non-NIHL teams register for state (e.g., Flames)?

Anonymous
(no login)

Who is not dominant?

No score for this post
December 11 2008, 1:12 AM 

There is also a very real possibility that you will purchase the winning Power Ball ticket this week! Actually, odd's are better for you to win the lottery.

Anonymous
(no login)

Stae Tournament

No score for this post
December 14 2008, 12:12 AM 

I beleive last year a coach put together a U12 girls team with the expectation to: "Be the team to knock Mission out of winning State", and was able to make it to the championship game only to lose 5-0. I think everyone should strive to be the best they can, as long as they are not giving their kids the same unrealistic expectations. Im not saying that the Mission is guaranteed to win State, but considering the competition the other girls teams see throughout the season, I dont think it's a realistic assesment of their chances to win State at the girls AA level. I hope that some day soon, there will be 5 or 6 U12 teams good enough to play a NIHL schedule, and compete with each other at State.

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Stae Tournament

No score for this post
December 14 2008, 10:43 AM 

and unfortunately half these girls by u16/19 won't be playing the game anymore.

Anonymous
(no login)

State

No score for this post
December 14 2008, 11:12 AM 

And who says this is any different that most girl sports? And boys for that matter?

Anonymous
(no login)

Stae Tournament

No score for this post
December 14 2008, 10:01 PM 

I dont see it as unfortunate at all! It is however, REALITY. Some kids stay, some kids quit.....in all sports, at all levels. I think the poster above was just saying that girls hockey is steadily improving, and hopes that it continues. Just because a kid plays a sport at the top level for one or two years and then moves on to something else, never diminishes the experience that will stay with them for a lifetime. I would never discourage anyone from playing a sport that they love, nor would I discourage them from quitting that same sport if they decided they were ready to move on to something else!

U12 Fan
(no login)

Back to the Regular Season

No score for this post
December 16 2008, 3:25 PM 

U12 Yellowjackets #1 finally dropped a game. Winnetka U12 is very tough. After those two there's a gap to the rest of the NIHL U12 teams.

Anonymous
(no login)

Admirals

No score for this post
December 17 2008, 7:29 AM 

Admirals are slowly closing the gap and getting better.

U12
(no login)

Huskies

No score for this post
December 17 2008, 3:05 PM 

Huskies are 8-3-1 and only lost by 1 in two of their 3 losses. They are +30 on the season. They haven't played Winnetka or Admirals yet though.

Anonymous
(no login)

huskies

No score for this post
December 18 2008, 11:14 AM 

they're just a good bunch of girls that love playing hockey

Tape to Tape
(no login)

Finishing Stretch

No score for this post
December 28 2008, 7:09 AM 

Can Winnetka U12's catch the Yellowjackets #1 team?
Not many games left now, and Winnetka has 2 in the Loss column vs. 1 for the YJ's.
The two teams played each other even going 1-1-1 against each other. Can any team help out Winnetka and give the YJ's that second defeat? Wilmette, Sabres and the Yellowjacket #2 team are the only ones who can make that happen.

nunya
(no login)

Re: Finishing Stretch

No score for this post
December 28 2008, 11:02 AM 

the yellowjackets organization should be ashamed of themselves for the two teams they have fielded. if there was tiering like in boys and they had a gold and bronze at the girls level there rosters would be acceptable. but with two teams playing in the same division 1 is a very good team but those poor girls on team 2 getting killed every game. thats terrible. what a way to grow the game. having fun girls? someone needs to check their ego. those teams should have been balanced. since they're playing in the same division. And you guys would still be at or near the top of the standings. proabably both teams.

Huskies
(no login)

YJs

No score for this post
December 28 2008, 11:18 AM 

Wrong, the YJs should have fielded the teams they did. The question is whether their #2 team should have played NIHL, NWHL or house. In my opinion, they absolutely should have played NIHL even though they may lose every game. First, the team is not that bad and they are competitive with most teams despite the score (they outshot our team), and they will develop throughout the year. Our U14 last year was almost all U12 girls. They lost almost every game until the end of the season when they beat almost every team once. During the year, they never focused on the losses. They had fun and got better.

Jigsaw
(no login)

Puzzling

No score for this post
December 30 2008, 7:15 AM 

U12 scheduling is a little puzzling. Most teams play each other twice this season, but you also play two teams three times to create the 20 game schedule.
So, who did the #2 YJ team get to play three times each - that would be the #1 YJ team (14-1-1 so far) and Winnetka (11-2-1 so far).

Can totally understand how Winnetka could end up on the schedule three times because before the season began, who knew how good they would turn out to be.

But, why in the world would you make your #2 team play your #1 team three times when you know that these are the girls who did not make the top team? Odd don't you think?

A tiering round for this 9 team division might have been useful, if it did nothing more than help establish the regular season schedule. What do you all think?

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: YJs

No score for this post
January 9 2009, 12:54 AM 

YJ #2 pulled off a 0-0 tie with the Sabres, so there is finally at least one point for this team in the standings. Lots of good scoring chances by both teams in this game, but both goalies were tough in net. As "Huskies" thought would happen, the team is improving as the season progresses.

Very good race in U12's for the regular season title. It is coming down to the wire. YJ #1 have three games left now, and if they win out - beating the YJ #2 (tight game last time), Wilmette and Sabres - Winnetka can't catch them. YJ #1 and Winnetka played each other even in their three games 1-1-1; but Wilmette's 3-2 victory over Winnetka back in mid-November could make all the difference.

Then its on to the single-elimination NIHL Tournament where Winnetka and the YJ #1 will be the ones to beat.

Huskies
(no login)

Old Clip

No score for this post
January 10 2009, 10:12 AM 

Found this old clip. Too bad this team didn't stick together at TI, they would have a strong u14 and u12 program right now.

http://cbs2chicago.com/video/?id=19630@wbbm.dayport.com

Mission
(no login)

Re: Old Clip

No score for this post
January 10 2009, 10:49 AM 

they did "stick together" only it was at the MISSION. Which does have a strong U14 and U12 program now.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
January 10 2009, 1:08 PM 

That is a great clip. I recognize at least one of those girls that plays on the Mission U12 team now. I can only hope the geniuses at TI see that clip and realize what friggin morons they were to systematically dismantle the best girls program by far, only to see the Mission resurrect it to claim all the glory! Serves TI right.

U12
(no login)

No score for this post
January 10 2009, 1:50 PM 

Play with boys.....it's easier overall since mom and dad never played the game anyway.

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: U12/Old Clip

No score for this post
January 10 2009, 3:31 PM 

Yeah, sure let's do that so we can all learn how to hog the puck, not pass, blame everyone else for our mistakes, torpedo some poor kid from behind, only to have the dip-shit coach tell us "What a great check". Why don't you go play with yourself?

What
(no login)

T$% F*&@?

No score for this post
January 10 2009, 3:38 PM 

"Play with boys.....it's easier overall since mom and dad never played the game anyway."

What a great suggestion.......Asswipe!

NO
(no login)

Penis Envy!

No score for this post
January 10 2009, 4:32 PM 

Oh could we? You will let us play with you? That is soooooo nice of you! Quick everyone, lets run right out and join the nearest boy's team!!!

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Penis Envy!

No score for this post
January 11 2009, 12:31 PM 

My daughter is a great player who always has room for improvement. I love it when she plays the boys, she has brothers and when she plays with the boys I see her step up her game because she feels more competitive with them. Just talking about her , but I wonder if anyone else sees this. Enough with the trashing, boys v girls,I have seen plenty of girls on girls teams hog the puck, not pass or set up plays and position themself at the net to score while everyone else does the work. I think girls get different things from the boys and the variety in the play helps them. I would prefer her to do drills with boys. As for the no checking rule that's a no brainer, muscle mass as they mature is the factor and no matter how fast a girl is and how big they don't have the same mass as a boy their age. One thing, regarding TI and Mission, yeah TI let alot of people down and they are paying for it big. They used to be the premier team and they have fallen hard. TC has done an awesome job in a short time with the girls program, anyone in the program will tell you so. Look at the stats.

Anonymous
(no login)

Re:Re: Penis Envy!

No score for this post
January 11 2009, 1:12 PM 

Well said. I have a son, and a daughter in Hockey, and agree with most of what you said, with the exception of TI falling. My daughter played for TI, and we would still be there today if it wasn't for the jerks behind the scenes. It wasn't the coaches that took away 1/2 of the girls ice time, and it wasn't the coaches, or the parents that made the girls sell raffle tickets that only benefited the boys! I could go on and on about the horrible decisions made by whomever was in charge over there, but the bottom line is the best girls just naturally gravitated to a program that was willing to fill an obvious void and give them what they deserve! I think i speak for a lot of people when I say TI had my money, my daughters talent, my loyalty, etc., until they pissed it away and basically told me to leave because they were the only game in town! I will also leave Mission in a heartbeat if they ever pull the same crap, because Women's Hockey is way to popular now and is still getting better year by year, and given the opportunity, someone else will be ready to fill the void if Mission ever creates one!

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: TI

No score for this post
January 11 2009, 1:18 PM 

Yes TC has done an amazing job in under 2 years, but remember, he came from TI with most of the other girl's coaches. There coaching stayed the same, but what changed was the backing they received by the people with the $ supporting the coaches and the entire program.....I guess you need both to be successful eh?

Jan 10th
(no login)

Re: TI

No score for this post
January 11 2009, 7:51 PM 

U18 wins in OT over Canada. Winning goal and assist by two Illinois girl's who started their hockey careers playing with boys and eventually played AAA boys before moving over to girls.

Huskies
(no login)

Ref

No score for this post
January 12 2009, 10:13 AM 

Kudos to Erin Blair (the ref) of the Championship game - a local Chicago area ref.

Anonymous
(no login)

Kudos!!

No score for this post
January 13 2009, 8:22 AM 

Kudos to the Huskies U12 team for playing tough against the Winnetka U12 team over the weekend. The Huskies earned their 3-1 win!!! Way to go girls!!!

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Kudos!!

No score for this post
January 13 2009, 6:59 PM 

Huskies U12 player #21 is very, very good. Wonder if she played an important role in the win over Winnetka.

Anonymous
(no login)

RE;Kudos

No score for this post
January 14 2009, 2:52 PM 

All 8 Huskies U12 skaters and 1 goalie played for the win!!!

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: RE;Kudos

No score for this post
January 14 2009, 10:54 PM 

#21 was outstanding. Scored all 3 Huskie goals. Goal #3 was an Empty Netter so the score was much closer. Expect smarter match ups and coverages in round 2. Lady Warriors looked a little flat also. Looking forward to the next game.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
January 16 2009, 8:18 AM 

Lady Warriors looked flat? How about just giving the little Huskies girls team credit where credit is due.

Bee-lieve
(no login)

Waiting is Over

No score for this post
January 17 2009, 5:32 PM 

It was going to happen sooner or later.

YJ's U12 #2 finally picked up a NIHL win. They kept the Admirals off the board and connected on two scrums in front of the net to win 2-0.

They've been playing better lately, taking Winnetka to the third period scoreless before dropping a 1-0 game and battling to a draw against the Sabres 0-0.

Nice to see how they have raised their game enough to be competitive.

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Waiting is Over

No score for this post
January 17 2009, 6:14 PM 

thats nice to hear. some good kids and good people associated with that team. good for them.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
January 17 2009, 6:21 PM 

what a dumb response."expect better matchups" if one player one the game for our kids you should either fire your coach, or find your kids a new sport. hockey is a team game and if your feeling that #21 beat you something is wrong. I'll admit we are a little short for a 12u team. but there are some very good players on this team, a good goalie, a solid defenseman, and a couple of other forewards that are pretty solid. one of our centers is playing central states. she must suck huh? watch the whole game or stfu.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
January 17 2009, 6:32 PM 

and I forgot the most important part our girls are best friends.they love each other. they bust their butts to try and win,they know a lot of times their over matched and if the lose. its no big deal. are they #1? no but they are great friends and have made the kind of friendships that anyone that played this game knows what I'm talking about.yes. some will move on in their hockey careers.some won't. they play hard for each other. they are a "TEAM" they can't wait to get in the room before games, practice whenever they get together. there's no cliques,no catty bs. its been a great year for my daughter.

Huskies
(no login)

Relax

No score for this post
January 18 2009, 7:34 AM 

Enough already.

Anonymous
(no login)

Yeah seriously

No score for this post
January 18 2009, 6:41 PM 

Your little girl played good too mom.

Now go change your tampon.

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Relax

No score for this post
January 22 2009, 8:35 PM 

YJ #1 have clinched the regular season title.
NIHL Tournament brackets could still see a few moves as the last games get played, but YJ's will be No. 1 seed, Winnetka is a lock as the No. 2 seed and Wilmette is No. 3. Spots 4, 5 and 6 are still in play. No. 7 seed is Saddle & Cycle and 8 is the Sabres.

So far, I am feeling like the YJ's will overpower the Sabres, and Winnetka will take care of business against S & C. The two middle games will be good ones. But if the Huskies turn #21 loose I'd pick them to end up in the semi-finals.

Any predictions as to the way you guys think the NIHL Tournament will go?

Huskies
(no login)

Seeds

No score for this post
January 22 2009, 9:35 PM 

Only 5/6 is up for grabs and they play each other. Wilmette needs the win to flip flop positions.

#1 Yellow jackets
#2 Winnetka
#3 Huskies
#4 Falcons
#5 Admirals/Wilmette
#6 Wilmette/Admirals
#7 Saddle & Cycle
#8 Sabres

Anonymous
(no login)

Admirals

No score for this post
January 23 2009, 6:15 AM 

watch out for 99 from the Admirals. she is as good as anyone in the league

Anonymous
(no login)

Standouts

No score for this post
January 23 2009, 7:04 PM 

There are a few girls in the NIHL U12 division that have the speed and moves to take it all the way up the ice and score. Only way to neutralize these girls is to forecheck aggressively to make them give up the puck before they are totally up to speed.

Very few U12 forwards have the speed or the instinctiveness to backcheck successfully against these girls before they are putting a move on the defensemen and getting off quality shots.

Anonymous
(no login)

standouts

No score for this post
January 23 2009, 10:35 PM 

no stand out goalies either

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: standouts

No score for this post
January 24 2009, 6:12 AM 

There is plenty of talent both in the net and out at the U-12 level. The girls are just playing with the boys teams.

Skaters include a player on CYAs 97 boys team, 2 on Winnetkas pw silver team, 1 on Huskies 97 CSDHL team, 1 on Rockford pw elite, 2 on Evanston pw gold and 2 on Wilmette pw gold.

There are 3 very strong 97 goalies. 1 on Ice Dogs elite, 1 on Huskies 97 CSDHL and 1 on Joliet gold team.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
January 24 2009, 7:20 AM 

smart girls

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
January 24 2009, 7:24 AM 

97 goalie on huskies u12 team is pretty strong

Anonymous
(no login)

huskies u12 goalie

No score for this post
January 25 2009, 10:44 AM 

i guess you could say she's a tough goalie,she's kept that team in alot of games

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: huskies u12 goalie

No score for this post
January 26 2009, 8:43 AM 

Does anyone know when the Blackhawk Cup U12 A brackets will be posted.

Many other divisions already have theirs available on the ahai.org website.

Huskies
(no login)

Posted

No score for this post
January 26 2009, 4:00 PM 

It is posted now. 9 teams.

U10
(no login)

Re: Posted

No score for this post
January 27 2009, 12:37 PM 

You wrote: "Yellowjackets U10 team with or without the top goalie who is playing for the U12's? Glenview U10 beat Winnetka U10 5-1 in a practice game. The only game that is posted on the NIHL website has the Yellowjackets losing 6-1 against Winnetka. Please contact the Glenview U10 coach concerning a practice game."

Then you must not have played the FULL Winnetka U10 team. They are beatable, and they have been beaten by both the Fury U10 and the Yellowjacket U10 teams. But they are clearly the U10 to beat for State.

If the Glenview U10 is so awesome and can "hang with any of the U12 teams" then why are you slumming in the U10 category for State? C'mon put your talent where you mouth is jag... Play U12 and get your ass handed to you...

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Posted

No score for this post
January 27 2009, 2:14 PM 

Something must have upset you to come on this board a full two months after this message was posted to respond to. Could it be that you saw the rankings come out yesterday? Could it be that Glenview is in the U10 bracket? Oh thats right, Glenview U10 beat your Winnetka U10 (with some Winnetka U12's)5-1.

anonymous
(no login)

yea but

No score for this post
January 27 2009, 11:00 PM 

how many girls on the Glenview girl's team actually play for Glenview?.

Anonymous
(no login)

u12's

No score for this post
January 28 2009, 3:55 AM 

where did the evanston and homewood flossmoor teams play to get into state at 12u a division? A has 9 teams and AA has 2 teams. Seems like something is wrong with that picture....

U12
(no login)

Registration

No score for this post
January 28 2009, 5:22 AM 

Did all these teams register by Novermber 15th like everyone else did? Or were other rules changed at the last minute as well?

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: yea but

No score for this post
January 28 2009, 5:14 AM 

I think that at least a few the U12 Glenview Girls play on the Glenview Stars Squirt Gold team.

Where
(no login)

12U

No score for this post
January 28 2009, 5:58 AM 

Evanston and Homewood have been playing in their local house leagues against the boys.

anonymous
(no login)

Re: 12U

No score for this post
January 28 2009, 6:13 AM 

you don't have to play in a league to be eligible for state. you just need to play 14 practice games together. alas, someone can form an all-star team from the best girl players from numerous clubs, and as long as they play 14 games together at their leisure, they are eligible for state.

u12
(no login)

State

No score for this post
January 28 2009, 9:35 AM 

Ah yes, you can form an all-star team. But in years past, it never happened because up until late December (well past the date teams were required to register for state) the declaration rule required girls who were dual rostered on two U12 or older teams to declare by 12/31 which team (youth or girls) that they were going to play on for the state tournament. (This is spelled out in the current rules on the website). It has always been interpreted to be an "either/or" rule. Meaning you declare and play for your youth team OR your girls team - not both. So, in the past (at U12 and above), "all-star" teams with girls from numerous clubs (meaning boys teams) joining together for the state tournament just did NOT happen in the state tournament because most dual rostered girls declared boys in state.

As a result of that rule, many girls at clubs were not rostered on their girls teams.

This year, the rule changed at the 11th hour (and well after the registration date). Next year, you will be back to the old rule. Why did they change the rule at the 11th hour for this year only?

Wisconsin
(no login)

u12s - Nationals

No score for this post
February 5 2009, 8:18 AM 

In response to - "Guess they were no shows for the Wild - Capitols in at MLK and in Detroit"

Never said it was Madison (could be though). Plus, I said they were playing "practice" games under the radar to qualify for Nationals. Wisconsin has a very low requirement. The IL girls play on IL teams and have to work around their schedules. The plan is that you won't play this team with these girls until Districts (or if you watch the Wisc. state tournament). Trust me, I have seen the practice games - one IL girl scores at least 3 goals per game and could score more. I hope you have a great goalie. My point, don't book your tickets for Rochseter just yet.

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: u12s - Nationals

No score for this post
February 5 2009, 8:24 AM 

Per WAHA the only U12 registered as AAA is the Wild - Capitols team. There is no "Wisc. stste tournament" for the U12 or U14 National bound teams this year.

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: u12s - Nationals

No score for this post
February 5 2009, 9:48 AM 

Isn't there a USAH rule that says a player can not be rostered on a National Bound and non-National Bound team at the same time in a season? Since CYA and Mission are the only registered National Bounds in IL at U12, that would mean the girls in question play on non-National Bound teams. They would have been forced to choose one team or the other.

USAH
(no login)

USAH

No score for this post
February 5 2009, 10:01 AM 

USA Hockey makes no restrictions on how many teams you can be on during a season. USAH says you must declare by Dec 31st which ONE team you will be competing with towards Nationals. AHAI adds other rules such as 1 girls team each, no boys state tournament if you are on a national-bound girls team, etc.

Basically if there are Illinois girls that joined the Wild-Caps late, they need to have been certified onto the roster by Dec 31st, have submitted a declaration choosing the Wild-Caps for the purposes of State/Regionals/Nationals by Dec 31st, and competed in 10 games against Girls u12 or Pee Wee youth teams (or older teams) by the start of Regionals.

If these girls are on non-national bound teams in Illinois (girls or boys teams), AHAI will likely disqualify them from State for those teams if they find out about it. But that won't impact their ability to play for the Wild unless AHAI gets nasty and suspends them (won't happen).

There is no problem with these girls playing as long as they meet the requirements. Girls hockey should be trying to attract the best girls. Don't get the "under the radar" part, just play the games, the other u12s should welcome the competition.

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: USAH

No score for this post
February 5 2009, 10:09 AM 

So these girls would have been added to a roster and asked to declare by Dec 31st. Then there's the 10 games. That will more than likely eliminate the Madison "co-op" team for numerous reasons. And if WAHA says there is no U12 Tier 1 playoff.....???

You are right, though. There are too many roadblocks and technicalities hindering girls from playing and competing.

(no login)

No score for this post
February 5 2009, 11:14 AM 

I thought the requirement was for a TEAM to play 10 games to be eligible for post season, and then, each PLAYER had to participate in some percentage (66% or 75%) of all team games to be eligible for post season play with that team (in addition to the other requirements already mentioned).

In any case, it is both humorous and sad to see adults go to such extremes to find loopholes that justify bringing in ringers at the eleventh hour in the ultimate team game. Winning must be so important to some people they would rather sacrifice the playing time of their own kid so that they can brag to their friends about the "team" their kid was "on". Sadly, it is not surprising in the youth sports world where people get their parenting skills from Phil Weston.

USAH
(no login)

Requirements

No score for this post
February 5 2009, 1:03 PM 

Each girls team must play at least 14 games as a team and each player must compete in at least 10 games for that team. There is no % rule (that is on the boys side).

Games must have period lengths equal to at least 2/3 of a national-tournament period (i.e. you can't have 3 five minute running clock periods and call it a game).

Wisconsin
(no login)

Yep

No score for this post
February 5 2009, 1:31 PM 

You can play em back-to-back as well. So, you could sneak in two games in about an hour slot with 3-8 minute period games. The gap between games is a recommendation/guideline, not a rule.

WAHA
(no login)

No score for this post
February 5 2009, 3:11 PM 

I will stay with the
(no login)

Mission

No score for this post
February 5 2009, 11:00 AM 

I dont need to send my kid to another state to compete against my own state! If you end up playing for another state and knock us out of a Nationals bid, then more power to you, and good luck! I mean that in all sincerity. I will stay with the Mission because it is the best girls org. around, hands down. I will be there next year as well, as long as my kid is good enough to make a team there. Playing on a made up team last minute for any reason in this geographic area is just plain stupid when there is an organization in your own back yard as good as the Mission. I would have to question your motive though, but Im sure you have already done that.

Why not?
(no login)

Re: Mission

No score for this post
February 5 2009, 1:36 PM 

It's all about winning Nationals and Mission may not win in 2009 at any level.

Because
(no login)

Re: Nationals

No score for this post
February 5 2009, 2:57 PM 

Your obtuse view of "What its all about" at 12 years old certainly doesn't apply to me, or my kid!

(no login)

One kid does not make a team

No score for this post
February 5 2009, 2:55 PM 

Hockey is a team sport. One kid who scores three goals a game isn't going to win the big games for any team. Last year, the Mission U12s played a team put together from the Fury in the state championship. The team had one really good skater. Regardless, Mission won the game 5-0. One great player can easily be shut down at this level. It's not mite or squirt hockey where an outstanding player can skate through everyone.

obtuse
(no login)

Re: One kid does not make a team

No score for this post
February 5 2009, 3:28 PM 

Here's hoping your child attains your goals.

Flury Blury
(no login)

One Good Kid?

No score for this post
February 5 2009, 3:34 PM 

Fury u12s were an average U12 team at best last year, and they did not have a "dominant" skater.

But, I do agree with your statement that hockey is a team sport and 1 dominant skater cannot make a bad team good (at least against decent teams). But, a dominant skater added to a decent team could win Central District - especially if that team has a good goalie.

(no login)

No Fury U12 team last year

No score for this post
February 5 2009, 8:20 PM 

... they put together a tournament team and had one good skater ... can't put her name on this board. They did not have a decent goalie.

Flury Blury
(no login)

Fury u12

No score for this post
February 5 2009, 8:47 PM 

Some of the better kids who played on that team in practice games did NOT play in the state tournament because of declaration rule.

Wisconsin
(no login)

Jr Badgers U12 Girls

No score for this post
February 6 2009, 9:26 AM 

They came in 3rd place in the Tier I U12 Division at the International Cup in Blaine in August. Pretty good team....

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Jr Badgers U12 Girls

No score for this post
February 6 2009, 9:41 AM 

Yes, this is true and they are a very good team made up of the best of the best from across the state from the many Tier II clubs (boys and girls teams). They even appear to have a couple of players from the Wild-Caps team on their 2009 summer roster (http://minwisaaaelitehockeyleague.pucksystems.com/page/show/44984-u12-girls). They just don't seem to be registered for the WAHA Tier 1 playoff (dual rostering and before/after team rules not withstanding). It appears to be a great program!

Wisconsin
(no login)

??

No score for this post
February 5 2009, 3:35 PM 

Oh, we'll see I guess.

Anonymous
(no login)

IL girls on Wisconsin

No score for this post
February 5 2009, 4:34 PM 

Do share...

Where are these AWESOME girls playing now and why aren't they on national bound teams?

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: IL girls on Wisconsin

No score for this post
February 5 2009, 5:18 PM 

Don't expect an answer, much less an honest one.
Other than the Caps and the Wild, there is an organization called the WI Jr Badgers which have a U16 team registered as a before/after AAA team.
There has been talk of WAHA allowing b/a teams at U12 & U14, but there are obvious rostering issues to be worked out.
The Caps/Wild team have no extra players on their roster, and have only 6 games remaining.
So unless the Jr Badgers worked up a special situation and accessed a couple of players from IL, then this mystery team is a WI club team that registered AAA but no one seems to know it.... Including WAHA.

WAHA
(no login)

Re: IL girls on Wisconsin

No score for this post
February 9 2009, 8:53 AM 

Confirmed with WAHA that there is no other team registered as U12 AAA / Tier 1 for Wisconsin other than the Caps/Wild team, and they don't (and won't) have any new players.

Assuming the Lady Blues are representing Missouri, we anxiously await the Mission?CYA matchup.

Anonymous
(no login)

Figures...

No score for this post
February 10 2009, 4:46 PM 

Not sure why I believed the post...good luck to the IL teams!

Madcap
(no login)

U-12's

No score for this post
February 15 2009, 12:35 PM 

Any scores from the State games? Who won your league?

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: U-12's

No score for this post
February 16 2009, 1:58 PM 

State isn't played until 2/28 at 9:30am CYA vs.Mission for U12AA

Anonymous
(no login)

Central District

No score for this post
February 16 2009, 4:58 PM 

So, who will win Central District?

Mission/CYA vs St.Louis

(no login)

Odds are on the Mission

No score for this post
February 16 2009, 8:55 PM 

Any team can win on any given day, but odds are that the Mission will beat CYA. The two teams played each other four times this season and the Mission won all four games. The scores were close at the beginning of the season, but not so close by the end of the season:

3-2
3-1
3-0
4-0

The two teams also played in NIHL PeeWee silver tier #2, and while the Mission placed first in the tier at the end of the season, CYA placed 12th out of thirteen teams. Clearly the Mission should win the game. We'll see what happens on 2/28.

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Odds are on the Mission

No score for this post
February 17 2009, 4:53 AM 

I don't see CYA upsetting Mission. Time will tell, I guess.

So it will be Mission and St Louis lady Blues (with a couple of embarrassing games against the Wild-Capitols group mixed in).

Mission lost a close one to St Louis at the MLK tourney, but the coaches rolled lines pretty evenly all through the tourney and the final. It will be interesting how they play these games with Nationals on the line. Should be fun!

Chief
(no login)

Mission U12

No score for this post
February 19 2009, 11:06 AM 

Mission U12 has been playing strong. Got beat by one goal in the NIHL semi-finals by Vikings, NIHL Champs.

Should handle CYA on Feb 28. Central Div games in Fondu Lac will be more fun.
Predict Mission over St Louis 4-2. Mission over Cap-Wild 5-1.
St Louis has many good skaters. Their Ill goalie is very good.
I just think Mission will over power them with shots.

Mission shooters hungry for goals and defense continues strong.
Tough combination to beat. Mission U12 girls are ready.

Custer
(no login)

Note to Chief

No score for this post
February 19 2009, 12:35 PM 

curious you are to gaze about upon the horizon while you have no concern of the present.

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Note to Chief

No score for this post
February 19 2009, 6:05 PM 

Is it one-and-done or best of 3 b/w Mission & CYA ?

(no login)

Win or go home

No score for this post
February 19 2009, 9:10 PM 

It's one and done between U12 Mission and CYA. Both teams need to bring their A games.

Anonymous
(no login)

12u's blackhawk cup

No score for this post
February 22 2009, 5:52 AM 

wow, anyone's flag in this division!!!

Anonymous
(no login)

Outdoor Classic

No score for this post
February 22 2009, 6:23 AM 

Any report on the "Outdoor Classic" game between Wild/Caps & CYA?

What about the 2nd game between them last night?

Anonymous
(no login)

Really?

No score for this post
February 22 2009, 6:24 AM 

How do you figure? Did you read the post above? Mission U12 has consistently beat CYA throughout the season AND took first in NIHL Tier 2 while CYA placed almost last. If both teams bring their A games, I'm pretty sure the Mission will come out on top. If CYA brings their A game and Mission brings their B or C game, I'm pretty sure Mission will come out on top. Mission would have to play a terrible game to give up the flag. So ... I don't think you're correct that it's anyone's flag. Maybe you could elaborate to help us all understand that statement.

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Really?

No score for this post
February 22 2009, 7:19 AM 

a little defensive to the comment about it being anyone's flag... which division "could" that poster have meant... A or AA??? hmmmmmm.....

Anonymous
(no login)

Outdoor Classic U12

No score for this post
February 23 2009, 10:12 AM 

Any report on the "Outdoor Classic" game between Wild/Caps & CYA?

What about the 2nd game between them last night?

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: U12's

No score for this post
February 23 2009, 1:46 PM 

Whoa a little chippy with your words there.

I do believe that any game is anyones at any given time. Yes, a lot of times it is very far on one team's favor. But, my gosh, have you seen Miracle buddy?

I Would love to see CYA beat them just because of that ignorant posters words.

Anonymous
(no login)

CYA U-12

No score for this post
February 23 2009, 5:40 PM 

They have been playing better and better mission has better goaltending but CYA is playing their best.. We will see, all you need to win is one game

Anonymous
(no login)

Mission CYA U12's

No score for this post
February 28 2009, 9:39 AM 

Game should be over by now? What was the Final???

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Mission CYA U12's

No score for this post
February 28 2009, 1:14 PM 

Mission wins 2-0. Let's start complaining about the game now.

(no login)

Mission 4 CYA 1

No score for this post
February 28 2009, 1:30 PM 

Mission led the whole way. CYA scored at the end of the 3rd period.

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Mission 4 CYA 1

No score for this post
February 28 2009, 1:32 PM 

My apologies. I looked at the U19 score on the Mission Home page. I thought that 2-0 was too close anyway.

4-1 sounds more like what I expected.

Anonymous
(no login)

Mission/CYA

No score for this post
March 2 2009, 11:24 AM 

CYA Girls U12 really played a good game. They did keep pressure on Mission and CYA defense kept the shots down. I congratulate both teams for playing well

Realist
(no login)

CYA/Mission

No score for this post
March 2 2009, 11:59 AM 

Yes, congratulations to CYA girls for their season and effort. They probably were the 2nd best girls team in the state of Illinois.

But, geez what is the purpose of the rest of your post? If you actually believe what you wrote, then you won't like this post because I won't sugar coat it for you.

It was not a good game. CYA did not keep pressure on the Mission and did not keep the shots down. CYA did not play good compared to the Mission, and CYA was never in the game. CYA had maybe 4 good shots the entire game. Plus, Mission rolled all 3 lines and switched goalies throughout the game. If Mission girls could hit the net or shoot more accurately, it could have been at least 10-0. Only a Mission defensive blunder allowed CYA their best shot attempt and their only goal.

I'm all for giving girls pats on the back for effort, but because I assume many of them aspire to be top-tier hockey players, then I would hope that their coach would tell them like it is, namely:

"The bad news is that most of you are not close to the top two lines of the Mission. The good news is that doesn't mean you can't be next year. But, it does means that you are going to have to work very hard this spring and summer to become better players. The best news is that as a coach I and the CYA organization will be here to make you better players. But, if you don't work hard, you will not catch the better girl players and you likely will be leapfrogged by new girl players who move over from boys."

I expect that your coach said or will say something like that. The CYA girls deserve to hear it. If you are a parent on CYA that is what you should expect to hear. On the other hand, if you are a parent that believes your CYA team played well and kept the pressure on the Mission, I don't know what game you are watching.

No, I am not from the Mission. My guess is they have no problem with you believing that it was a close game and would rather that I didn't post this.

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: CYA/Mission

No score for this post
March 2 2009, 12:58 PM 

Send that CYA coach's speech to the Wld/Caps coaches. They will need it on March 20th.

(no login)

Well said!

No score for this post
March 2 2009, 1:42 PM 

Thank you for posting the truth in a very honest and dignified manner.

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Well said!

No score for this post
March 3 2009, 2:20 PM 

Noboody but lunatic parents care about a U12 game.

Anonymous
(no login)

Interesting ...

No score for this post
March 3 2009, 2:55 PM 

... apparently you care enough to post on a U12 thread.

U12 Parent
(no login)

CYA/Mission

No score for this post
March 5 2009, 10:05 AM 

You are right... CYA was completely outmatched in that game. Mission had a lot more depth. In speaking to some parents it sounds like there was a lot of improvement on their team this year. However, they didn't have enough talent to pull it together against Mission and did not play well.

Current Topic - U12's
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement