23- Fremd
24- Providence
25- Warren
26- Mt. Carmel
27- Brother Rice
28- Lake Forest
29- St. Charles North
30- Lockport

Not sure why they have Naperville Central up there twice. Either a mistake or Hinsdale Central???

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
spareme
(no login)

Re: Blackhawk Cup 10' rankings

No score for this post
January 17 2010, 8:29 PM 

Interesting I don't have much to complain about through the top ten though I think I would have bumped Fenwick up to eight and drop CLS and York one notch.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
January 17 2010, 8:58 PM 

Naperville Central ranked #12 and #22, Hmmmmm.

(no login)

No score for this post
January 17 2010, 10:18 PM 

here's bracket. http://www.usahockey.com/uploadedFiles/USAHockey/central_district/amateur_hockey_as38/Blackhawk_Cup/Menu_High_School/RedVarsityBracket.pdf

if its not a link just copy and paste.

first round upsets?

here's my best guest
quarters
ntg vs york
rita vs viator
lag vs fenwick
stevenson vs gbn

semis
ntg vs rita
lag vs stevenson

finals
ntg over stevenson

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
January 17 2010, 11:27 PM 

1- NTG
2- LAG
3- GBN
4- St. Viator
5- St. Rita
6- Stevenson
7- Barrington
8- Crystal Lake South
9- York
10- Fenwick

I think that GBN is the most overrated team in the state, how are they 3rd? Viator defiantly should not be ranked 4th, and it completely blows my mind that Barrington got 7th. Fenwick 10th; are you joking, easily top 5. Where's Prairie Ridge in the top ten?

wondering too
(no login)

PR

No score for this post
January 18 2010, 5:27 AM 

since they just lost to Rockford 9-2 on Saturday (their 3rd lost to the river rats), and have a record of 25-18-5, maybe it's because they don't belong in the top ten.....

Anonymous
(no login)

Disappointing System

No score for this post
January 18 2010, 6:49 AM 

As usual the system fails again! GBN, Barrington, and Viator all get more than they should. Fenwick, York, Providence and NPC get shorted. Coaches need to start looking at what league teams play in, who they've played, and results. myhockey is probably as close as it gets to correct. There is no perfect formula, but there are many poorly rated teams one way or the other.

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Disappointing System

No score for this post
January 18 2010, 6:50 AM 

And who the he.. has CLS played to get ranked that high???????? Wake Up!

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
January 18 2010, 7:38 AM 

maybe because pr plays the hardest high school schedule in the state. Not like these other teams that play in bull shit metro divisions. In the end it dosent matter anyways you have to beat everyone to get to the uc.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
January 18 2010, 7:57 AM 

Barrington and CLS play in a shit league.

Not sure how they got the rankings they got.

Fenwick # 10 ? What are these people looking at on deciding rankings?

Objective viewer
(no login)

Northside Cake Eater Committee

No score for this post
January 18 2010, 8:15 AM 

Typical Northsider Slant.

How can GBN be 3rd? =Second round loss
Viator Be ranked 4th?=Loss to Praire Ridge
Crystal Lake South 8(not even in top 20)? =Second round loss to Providence
Barrington 7? OK they'll Beat MC!but not Fenwick!
NTB 11=(25 maybe)=1st round loss to Npvl Cnt(Idiots have em listed twice).
Benet 17(30 more like it)?=1st round loss to Sandburg
Lyons Twp 14?=Marist will distroy
Who are you guys crapin?

Marist @ 19 Fenwick @ 10 Providence @24? ALL Under Rated

What kinda Kolaide are you AHAI Committeemen drinking?

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Northside Cake Eater Committee

No score for this post
January 18 2010, 8:43 AM 

first round winners will be:
Sandburg
Cls
York
Rita
Npc
Viator
Pr
Gbs
Barrington
Fenwick
Stevenston
Ntb
Gbn
Marist

Second round winners:
Ntg
York
Rita
Pr
Lg
Fenwick
Stevenston
Gbn

Third round winners:
Ntg
Pr
Lg
Stevenston

Finals
Ntg
Lg

the man
(no login)

No score for this post
January 18 2010, 9:39 AM 

wait wait wait.
How Can Viator be #4 when they lost to Fenwick twice, Rita, Stevenson, York, and Marist?
How can Stevenson be #6 only? very underated and disrespect
How can York be ahead of teams that they have never beat before or even mustered a tie?
Fenwick #10?
Prarie Ridge #13!!?
hahaha this is an absolute joke.

Marist will upset GBN
PR will advance to the sweet sixteen
Fenwick will beat LAG
MC beats Barrington
York will lose to NTG
Stevenson will walk through everyone till the semis

Final Four

NTG #1
Prarie Ridge #13

Fenwick #10
Stevenson #6

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
January 18 2010, 9:57 AM 

People need to understand that there is no AHIA "Commitee" that comes out with rankings. Coaches are polled, and from their responses the rankings are created.
This system is bound to be flawed, as you have coaches attempting to rank teams they have never faced. However, the only effect a flawed ranking can have is that some teams might get bounced in the earlier rounds than they would if they were ranked higher. When it comes to the later rounds of playoffs, rankings do not matter. NTG could be ranked 20th in state, and still have to face the same high-end teams later in the tournament to win the championship.

Let's not complain that the rankings are not 'objective' enough. They are not supposed to be! They are based on the collection of SUBJECTIVE opinions of the coaches.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
January 18 2010, 10:49 AM 

well to prevent the coaches to rank teams they shouldn't use myhockeyrankings.com
The problem is that you have garbage teams playing in easy leagues that beat garbage teams and those coaches rate those teams high. You have quality teams that don't play garbage teams and or in easy leagues so it comes down those 10 coaches rating each other.
Example fenwick plays in cchl and hit very competive schedule then you have crystal lake south and barrington who play in the worst league in the state and beat up on garbage teams. So your garbage votes the the other teams high.

mark scott
(no login)

ahai ranker

No score for this post
January 19 2010, 9:24 AM 

Hi its mark scott can i help,i have everyone stats so we dont argue let me know you can email me at mark scott@hotwire.com for faster results.

mark scott
(no login)

ahai ranker

No score for this post
January 19 2010, 9:25 AM 

Hi its mark scott can i help,i have everyone stats so we dont argue let me know you can email me at mark scott@hotwire.com for faster results.

cchl dude
(no login)

No score for this post
January 18 2010, 8:10 PM 

The rankings are terrible! Northside cooking at it's best.CLS #8?,Barrington #7?NT Blue #11,Sandburg #16 and Benet #17 but marist is #19 are you crazy?Has Benet won a game? GBN #3? this is 2010! Fenwick is not #10 Lake Park is #21? The whole thing is a joke and those in charge should be embarrassed by their effort. If coaches decide then it is their job to look at who each team played.

Hockey Fan
(no login)

Prairie Ridge in Final Four?

No score for this post
January 18 2010, 11:45 AM 

Is this the same poster who predicted PR in Final Four last year, when they were upset by York 4-3 in first round?

I like the PR coach, but unless he has some Herb Brooks magic, PR not likely to make it to Elite 8. But thats why they play the games, so good luck to all!

Al Franken
(no login)

not that it matters much

No score for this post
January 18 2010, 1:38 PM 

But Mundelein will walk away with the white division

anon
(no login)

Re: not that it matters much

No score for this post
January 18 2010, 5:07 PM 

AHAI made a mistake. Left out Hinsdale central. Switch Hinsdale and Naperville central

Kharlamov
(no login)

Crystal Ball

No score for this post
January 18 2010, 5:33 PM 

Fremd will beat Fenwick by 2-3 goals. Will beat barrignton in OT and then barely lose to LAG.

Playoff Expert
(no login)

Bottom Line

No score for this post
January 19 2010, 12:37 AM 

Honestly the rankings are just fine. As described by an educated individual from an earlier post, the rankings are SUBJECTIVE opinions.

Bottom Line: The rankings discrepancies are nothing to complain about. You will be playing high level teams in elite 8 and final four anyways. If people are upset then they should have performed stronger in the holiday tournaments (Loyola Thanksgiving and Blackhawk X-Mas). Holiday tournaments are when coaches see all the teams.

Example:
York hockey has never entered a serious high school hockey conversation in the last 100 years. Due to their performances in the holiday tournaments they have eclipsed the top 10.

"There is no Reality, only Perception"

HS WATCHER
(no login)

ALOT will change

No score for this post
January 19 2010, 12:48 AM 

In the upcoming month teams will emerge and teams will fade away. With the Scholastic Cup and HIT playoff on the horizon, teams will emerge from the cluster of Tier 2 teams. Who knows Barrington might come together and win the scholastic cup. Doubtful but crazier things have happened. For example NTB winning the High School Invitational.

Objective Viewer
(no login)

No Committee? 67.173.9.8

No score for this post
January 19 2010, 7:37 AM 

To the Poster who states there is not AHAI committee: Yes coaches are polled. However when you look at the committee names you see a very slanted view of the rankings and seedings.

Examples: Three teams Over rated Barrington;
Crystal Lake South;
Fremd;
Under Rated: Praire Ridge

What do all have in common=Metro Central=Kania HS Committee

Over Rated: Glenbrook North
Glenbrook South
In common=Forsbrg Northbrook HS Committee

Over Rated: Naperville Central
Naperville North
Nequa Valley
Benet
In common=McKeague/MacDougall Naperville HS Committee

Over Rated: St. Rita
Under Rated: All CCHL Ex: Rita/Viator
In common=Ferguson St Rita Faculty HS Cmtty

Over Rated: New Trier Blue
=Ingram Wilmette HS Committee

So whoever you think you are crappin with the coaches rank the teams, you aren't fooling anyone. Your right, the cream will rise to the top in the final 16 and final eight but putting higher ranked teams lower just helps the above over ranked teams in their first game.

You guys should be ashamed!

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: No Committee? 67.173.9.8

No score for this post
January 19 2010, 9:08 AM 

I agree with the above poster on all points except St. Rita. I think they have earned their ranking with some solid tournament wins a strong schedule and a 9-4-2 record vs. top 10 teams.

CLS for example is 2-8-1 vs. the entire red division with one top ten win and several losses to lower ranked teams. And that earns you a #8 ranking?

interested spectator
(no login)

rankings

No score for this post
January 19 2010, 11:32 AM 

Slow at work so I did a little research. Throw out NTG, I think everyone agrees #1 seed...here are the records of seeds #2-#10 (throw in Praire Ridge #13) against the other seeds (#1 thru #10-#13)...
#2 Loyola Gold 5-3-1
#3 Glenbrook North 3-7-2
#4 St Viator 5-7-5
#5 St Rita 8-4-2
#6 Stevenson 7-4-4
#7 Barrington 1-10-1
#8 Crystal Lake S 0-3-0
#9 York 4-7-1
#10 Fenwick 7-11-4
#13 Praire ridge 6-10-1

conclusion? GBN-Barrington-Crystal Lake ranked to high. Fenwick, Praire Ridge no love for playing the top teams.

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: No Committee? 67.173.9.8

No score for this post
January 19 2010, 10:12 AM 

Can you explain the committees you are referring to?

Ingram Wilmette HS Committee
Ferguson St Rita Faculty HS Cmtty
McKeague/MacDougall Naperville HS Committee
Forsbrg Northbrook HS Committee
Kania HS Committee

What exactly are these committees? And how are they related to the rankings?

Obj Viewer
(no login)

AHAI Websight

No score for this post
January 19 2010, 12:03 PM 

Under 2010 Blackhawk Cup

General Information
High School Committee

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: AHAI Websight

No score for this post
January 19 2010, 12:28 PM 

Thank you, Found it.

I may be dense in this matter, but I still do not understand how those individuals are related to the placement of perspective teams within the rankings.
I still see that coaches are responsible for ranking teams, and unless you are suggesting that these committee members are manipulating the coaches' placement of teams, I don't think they are directly involved in the ranking process.

Please explain.

Anonymous
(no login)

Thank you/Found it

No score for this post
January 19 2010, 1:29 PM 

You are dense and A bit Nieve. Who do you believe compiles the data?

Maybe Terry Stasica or Craig Ferguson can answer your question.

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Thank you/Found it

No score for this post
January 19 2010, 2:07 PM 

LOL. As friendly as I was trying to be by letting you explain yourself, I have to call you out now!

You do truely believe that the HS Hockey Committee is manipulating the voting process so that they can exert their own biases (the biases you ASSUME they have) over the rankings. I suggested that in my original post in an attempt at sarcasm...I did not think that is what anyone actually thought! HAHA. That is an outlandish belief for you to hold on to. What other conspiracy theories do you subscribe to?!

I might be dense and naive overall, but in this case, you sir are idiotic if you think those people secretly undermine the ranking process so that they can get "THEIR" teams higher rankings. There is nothing but circumstantial evidence for your claim, that evidence being that SOME of the Committee members live in geographic regions close to SOME of the teams that seem to be mistakenly ranked. I think it is much more likely that the flawed rankings are the result of the flawed system; that system being coaches ranking teams they may have never seen play. Given the two possibilities, I believe you are the dense and naive one to accept the premise that a group of 5 or so guys corroborated to adjust the rankings to their liking!!

I really hope you are just playing devil's advocate, or are just trolling to elicit a response. If not, you really need to work on your critical thinking skills.

Oh, and to appease the masses: Don't worry about where your team is ranked, because everyone is playing for 2nd place this year. :P

Anonymous
(no login)

Yah we buy your Explaination!

No score for this post
January 20 2010, 5:41 AM 

Talk about sarcastic! Everyone in Chicagoland buys your explaination.

Sure there is no way anyone of these coaches/dads/administrators would want to help their own teams! Which one of the committee members are you?

You should have just came on and wrote "I know you are but what am I!" Hows that for sarcastic?

Snakeskin Cowboy
(no login)

Re: Thank you/Found it

No score for this post
January 20 2010, 6:25 AM 

"You are dense and A bit Nieve. Who do you believe compiles the data?

Maybe Terry Stasica or Craig Ferguson can answer your question."

Ask Terry how Rockford was able to do it again? If my club were to play Rockford in combined, I'd forfeit the game and make sure all the press was there to report about it.

If the guy from Rockford who pleaded how young and weak they would be this year at the Metro meeting needs another hankie, they're out of the dryer.

Dumonskifan
(Login Dumonskifan)

Hey Snakeskin

No score for this post
January 20 2010, 7:17 AM 

I have been away at showcases, I see your still on the Rockford bandwagon, I thought they got the boot? What is the latest, I need to be brought up to speed so as to present the opposing side to your one sidedness.

Snakeskin Cowboy
(no login)

You are up to speed

No score for this post
January 20 2010, 9:03 AM 

Rockford would be booted if others follow Metro's actions. Combined team ranked 2nd in State. What a B.S. statement that is about AHAI and the HS Committee. The stated purpose of combined teams is to allow schools to combine together in an effort to field a team. Combined is there to allow a program to grow from a seed of players interested in playing HS hockey. It is not to combine all the most talented players in the county to dominant.

Rockford's continued manipulation of the rules (with AHAIs's blessing) is akin to GBN and GBS combining, that's how ridiculous it all is.

Dumo
(no login)

State Rankings

No score for this post
January 20 2010, 9:18 AM 

So these are the ranking that state put out? Why then is Rockford included at all? I thought when they were tossed from metro, that was the end of them being in the combined league, as well as state?

Snakeskin Cowboy
(no login)

State Rankings

No score for this post
January 20 2010, 9:43 AM 

Don't know what goes through the tiny heads at AHAI and the HS Committee, they will never tell anyone.

Just as Metro Central grew a pair last September so should AHAI and the HS Committee. Will they? Who knows, but one can always hope.

I still would forfeit a State game against them, right at gametime and make as big a stink as possible. Maybe egg on AHAI's face will work?

Dumonskifan
(no login)

games

No score for this post
January 20 2010, 10:16 AM 

They had to play a certain number of game to qualify, right? So who played them enough to let them in? Must be everyone did not have the same mindset as yourself. As far as a forfeit, don't you think that should be left up to your players, rather than your bruised ego?

Snakeskin Cowboy
(no login)

Mind set

No score for this post
January 20 2010, 10:27 AM 

How many combine teams played Rockford, that would be a more pertinent question.

As to how a club runs, it varies, but I guarantee you it is not left up to "live in the minute-no big picture thinking" teenage players.

Remember, nobody ever said the Rockford program should go, just how it abuses the combined rules.

Me again
(no login)

1 good point and 2 bad.

No score for this post
January 20 2010, 10:42 AM 

Your right, if it was x number of games, and Rockford got those playing 2 teams, I will side with you. If they got them playing 10 different teams, eh hem, your short sightedness is showing again.

It sure as hell should be left up to live for the minute teenagers, especially the Seniors, some coach/board member is going to tell me I have to forfeit the last organized hockey game I play. Wage your war on the front end, don't cheapen it for the kids on the back end.

I am too lazy to look them up. You wanted them out of the league, and it was to get them out of the state playoffs, so don't ruin your rep by going soft now. You wanted them ALL the way out from the git go.

I am a little rusty, but I can slice through most of your points with a butter knife.

Snakeskin Cowboy
(no login)

It's all for the kids

No score for this post
January 20 2010, 10:50 AM 

Yup, I bet the Rockford kids are the ones who concocted their way around the rules, not the coaches or board members.

So because Rockford cheats, manipulates the rules, works the system-whatever term may apply- the other kids are put on the spot.

Nice logic there Rusty and you never thought Metro would oust them either. How right you were.

Dumonskifan
(no login)

Pony up cowboy

No score for this post
January 20 2010, 11:59 AM 

I don't know what schools are what, or I would look it up myself. How many schools played Rockford to allow them to qualify for state? You still fail to answer this question, which would point directly to how many other Combined schools are on the "I hate Rockford" bandwagon yer riding.

First paragraph, this isn't about Rockford kids, its about you forcing your teams kids to forfeit a game without asking them. Rememeber.

If Rockford was not wanted around that bad they would be gone, you got them booted from Metro, maybe you will have better luck next year. Keep banging your drum.

3rd Paragraph, you are correct, I did not think they would get booted from Metro.

The only thing I am interested in is how many people hold the I would forfeit before I would play in the state tourney creedo you have. Of course Cowboys do spend long lonely nights on the range, so your used to being in a small group.

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: It's all for the kids

No score for this post
January 20 2010, 12:10 PM 

Whoever it was who repeatedly said they would forfeit a state playoff game against Rockford needs to grow up! How does that solve anything at all? And what "media" are you referring to?

They are a combined team, made up of students from different schools. This does not give them an unfair advantage over other teams that are made up of multiple schools. You are complaining about a technicality...complaining that they have been combined for TOO LONG. Who cares?! This does not result in a better team on the ice in an individual year.

Compete for the sake of competition. Don't try to weasel your way to a championship by ousting the top team. That's not the lesson to teach.

Go NT!

Dumonskifan
(no login)

Tally

No score for this post
January 20 2010, 1:03 PM 

One for me. Very nice post I might add, straight, to the point, and well written.

Light Hearted Because AHAI Farted
(no login)

Rankings

No score for this post
January 19 2010, 1:54 PM 

Real Rankings as Follow, throw out your other sheets. Game times forthcoming.
I think my logic parrellels those who ranked GBN #3 and CLS and Barrington in the top 10.

1. New Trier Green-Has a good team that should win it all, just ask them! Free varsity squad signatures with photo at Jamba Juice in Northbrook Mall for all youth hockey players with Wilmette or Winnetka jerseys.

Fine Print: Must be playing NIHL Elite or Gold and those skaters with Glenview and Northbrook jerseys must provide proof of residency.
AAA is gay, play HS all the way!!

2. Stevenson-Hell Must be Freezing over Adlai! Their goal-to play at the UC. NTG goal-inherit enough money to buy the UC.

3. Prarie Ridge-Hee Haw on Ice is getting serious. They sure do have pretty uniforms.

4. Saint Rita-Fergy and his Black Eye D's gotta feelin'. Boom Boom Pow!

5. Loyola Gold-Their hockey is often confused with ABBA Gold, Sweden's hottest bands best album. Skating queen is my favorite.

6. Fenwick-at #10 you wonder if they hired Pat Robertson as their AHAI liaison or did they hold them responsible for having to go to the rink voted "most likely to experience a carjack before the first puck drop."

7. York-not bad at all for Elmhurst, Oak Brook's sloppy sister with acid jeans and GTO's.

8. GBN-not bad at all for Greater Brooklyn, New York. GBN-right? Your Rankin be Stankin. Seriously, how did you get to #3? Was it painful?

9. St. Viator-rises from the ashes and smokes them too.
Pants on the floor, Pants on the floor,
Cry all you suckas, we got ranked number 4!

10. Marist-Added girls to the school and found their legs. Just goes to show you that boys with sticks like chicks.

CLS or Barrington should look at their records against the top 13 and come to the rink with their skate gaurds on and money for a slushi after the game.

Good luck to all and Relax, it's just a game!
Fine Print: That cost $5,000, puts 2,000 miles on the car, and takes away 50 hours from family time. Just a game? Sounds more like a mistress.

anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
January 19 2010, 1:30 PM 

Viator beat prarie ridge and tied em. never loss to em... ya cake eater

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
January 19 2010, 1:43 PM 

Is that the same team that played #10 Fenwick three times and could only Manage one tie?

Or the Viator that lost to #9 York by five goals and #19 Marist by 2 goals in the same week?

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
January 20 2010, 10:03 AM 

Or the Viator that beat york 2 times previous and the team that beat Rita?

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
January 20 2010, 11:50 AM 

Viator has a good team but they should not be ranked #4

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 4 2010, 4:23 AM 

Pr beat Viator 9 to 1 in the beginning of the season

Anonymous
(no login)

Objective viewer?

No score for this post
February 20 2010, 8:46 PM 

Benet - 3
Sandburg - 1

Anonymous
(no login)

Rita?

No score for this post
February 20 2010, 5:08 PM 

Rita lost to viator twice and tied another time

Anonymous
(no login)

CLS

No score for this post
January 19 2010, 7:23 PM 

CLS won't make it past the first round

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: CLS

No score for this post
January 20 2010, 2:12 PM 

CLS plays in a bender filled league.

What good teams have they played this year?

How can they be #8?

(no login)

Re: CLS

No score for this post
January 20 2010, 5:47 PM 

haha pretty jerseys is right!

Anonymous
(no login)

Game

No score for this post
January 22 2010, 5:42 PM 

Hit game last night. NTG 3 GBS 2. NT off it's game but anything can happen come State..

anon
(no login)

Re: Game

No score for this post
January 22 2010, 7:30 PM 

Keep telling yourself that... must make you feel better...

Mr. Congeniality
(no login)

Re: Game

No score for this post
January 22 2010, 9:00 PM 

If you compare the State rankings with the 12 teams in the HIT, five questions jump out that need answers:
How did #8 CLS and #9 York get into the top 10 of the State Rankings?
How did #24 Prov and #20 NQ get into the HIT?
How did #4 StV get left out of the HIT?
Are #3 GBN and #7 BAR really that good?
Are #15 GBS and #13 PR really that bad?

Assuming CLS and York win their first round State games, the winner of the second round game between them gets to play NTG in the third round. If that game is competitive the HIT should invite CLS and York in next year. Otherwise NTG will demonstrate to all the coaches in the CLS and York neck of the woods that voting them into the top 10 of the State Tournament is an embarrassment.

These coaches must have ranked CLS and York in the top 5 since those teams' scores averaged out to an 8 and 9. Those coaches aren't benders. They can probably still keep their ankles straight. But their opinions about hockey sound crooked.

NTG should beg the loser of the CLS - York game for a practice game next year, just to hammer the point across further. I don't like NTG but I dislike AHAI mismanagement even more. Is a popularity contest the only process they can think of for State?

Is this right?
(no login)

there bad

No score for this post
January 22 2010, 9:25 PM 

Help me on this. Barrington is 16-0-1 in their league but 17-14-3 overall. Give me a second..(went to a public school) that means there 1-14-2 outside their league. Holy s**t they suck. Program really going in the right direction. Help is only one year away with that dominant JV team!

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: there bad

No score for this post
January 24 2010, 12:07 PM 

Barrington has had a good J.V. team every year since 2005, yet they never seem to mature enough to dominate varsity in the same fashion.

2004-2005 Ranked #1
2005-2006 Ranked #2
2006-2007 State Champions
2007-2008 Runner Up
2008-2009 State Champions

Doesn't make sense. I know New Trier has 2 other varsity feeder programs, but you would think it wouldn't make as much of a difference as it has for the past 5 years.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
January 24 2010, 1:04 PM 

you sir. are a moron. new triers jv team doesnt win state because it is the 61-80th best players in the nt program, as opposed to the 21-40th as it is in every other program except loyola. while most teams future players are playing scrubs in jv, greens future players are preparing themselves against real varsity players on white and blue. that is why new trier dominates year after year.

snippy
(no login)

No score for this post
January 24 2010, 2:24 PM 

Barrington can win all the JV titles they want. Next year the best Barrington JV players are going to compete against half or more of this years Green players and the top guys from this years Blue team.

The way NT is set up I'm surprised any teams other Loyola can compete with them in any given year.

anon
(no login)

No score for this post
January 24 2010, 2:30 PM 

one word Snippy.... Dynasty!

Anonymous
(no login)

there bad

No score for this post
January 24 2010, 3:05 PM 

New Trier has four teams. All of the scrub teams out there have two teams. That is the same as NT Blue playing all of these j.v. teams and we all know that would be a joke. By the way it's New Trier's 81-100 kids not 61-80.

snippy
(no login)

No score for this post
January 24 2010, 3:35 PM 

Not to correct a fellow NT person's math but I believe it is the 61-80 kids from the hockey team. Unless of course you are putting the NT Girls team in there somewhere ahead of Boys JV.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
January 24 2010, 6:30 PM 

ya do that math agin there big guy

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
January 24 2010, 9:27 PM 

#13 PR 2
#2 LG 1
Gotta love the ranking system

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
January 25 2010, 1:04 PM 

k all of you people you keep complaining about the rankings system need to shut up. the fact that the number 13 team eat the number 2 team by one goal means absolutely nothing. this is high school hockey. unless your name is new trier you have a chance to lose to almost any other team in the state on any given night. if your team is good, you will go far, if its not, youll lose, its that simple. the rankings really mean nothing

Anonymous
(Login EPurcell18)

True, True

No score for this post
January 25 2010, 3:42 PM 

Very true

Anonymous
(no login)

Getting back to hockey...

No score for this post
January 25 2010, 5:31 PM 

Now that finals are over for many of these programs kids can finally start practicing again. I think we'll see some close games down the stretch especially from the teams ranked 2-15. Can't include NTG in that group, too good. Would like to exclude LAG but can't, too bad.

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Getting back to hockey...

No score for this post
February 15 2010, 6:49 PM 

Have any games been played yet?

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Getting back to hockey...

No score for this post
February 15 2010, 8:22 PM 

GBN 7
Lockport 1

Marist 5
Lyons township 4

Rita Minister
(no login)

Let the Games Begin

No score for this post
February 15 2010, 8:23 PM 

#19 Marist beat #14 Lyons Township in 2 OTs. The upsets have begun.

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Let the Games Begin

No score for this post
February 16 2010, 5:40 AM 

I dont think that was An upset Marist is ranked to low

Rita Minister
(no login)

Re: Let the Games Begin

No score for this post
February 16 2010, 9:19 AM 

"Upset" - a verb. Definition: defeat, be victorious, beat, conquer, get the better of, outplay, overcome, overpower, overthrow, overturn, topple, triumph over, win. Marist, the lower seed, did upset LT. You may not like the rankings, but the outcome is by definition, an upset.

Marist -Lyons Township
(no login)

UPset?

No score for this post
February 16 2010, 6:15 PM 

Do not really feel it was an upset. Technically lower seeded team did win. But was like winning the play in game at the NCAA tournament, or 8 vs 9 seed. Marist use to be a very strong program. Was more surprised if they did not win.

ticya
(no login)

Re: UPset?

No score for this post
February 16 2010, 8:49 PM 

Lake Forest will knock off Rita. You heard it here first

Anonymous
(no login)

Nice prediction

No score for this post
February 16 2010, 9:24 PM 

No. LF will not knock of Rita. However, where your coming from I agree. LF got a very low and underserved ranking and this is somewhat a dangerous game for Rita. But Rita will win.

Bye Bye Lyons
(no login)

Too Bad

No score for this post
February 17 2010, 9:37 AM 

Not ready for Prime time I guess..

brian
(no login)

Re: Too Bad

No score for this post
February 20 2010, 8:54 PM 

any other games been played

scores
(no login)

Re: Too Bad

No score for this post
February 20 2010, 9:18 PM 

NTB - 3
Hinsdale Central - 2

Barrington - 2
Mt. Carmel - 1

Benet - 3
Sandburg - 1

Stevenson - 10
Brother Rice - 1

Anonymous
(no login)

metro north fan

No score for this post
February 20 2010, 9:51 PM 

what are the odds that the mighty gbn spartans will go far in the state playoffs

chase
(no login)

fenwick fremd

No score for this post
February 21 2010, 6:57 PM 

fenwick 13

fremd 3

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: metro north fan

No score for this post
February 21 2010, 7:29 PM 

the chances that GBN will go far in the playoffs are slim to none. how they got the #3 seed no one will ever know, but they will lose next round to marist or get killed in the following round sorry

danny
(no login)

Re: metro north fan

No score for this post
February 21 2010, 7:45 PM 

where the heck did benet come from? theyll lose in the next round anyways haha

Anonymous
(no login)

State Scores

No score for this post
February 22 2010, 9:47 PM 

York-3 Providence-2

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: State Scores

No score for this post
February 23 2010, 4:37 AM 

when do viator and st. charles north play

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
February 23 2010, 3:19 PM 

tonight

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
February 23 2010, 7:00 PM 

Bye bye number 4 ranked team
St. Charles North 7
St. Viator 4

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
February 23 2010, 7:33 PM 

St. Rita-LF 7-1

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
February 24 2010, 6:04 AM 

Predictions for sweet 16 matchups
ntg vs benet
cls vs York
Rita vs npc
st. Charles vs pr
lg vs gbs
barrington vs fenwick
stevenston vs ntb
gbn vs Marist

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
February 24 2010, 6:07 AM 

Elite 8 will be
green
York
Rita
pr
lg
fenwick
stevenston
gbn

anon
(no login)

No score for this post
February 24 2010, 6:12 AM 

Way to step out and pick some upsets! LOL

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
February 24 2010, 8:02 AM 

Cls will beat York
Marist will beat gbn
npc will beat Rita

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
February 24 2010, 9:19 AM 

Did CLS beat Warren yet?

(no login)

No score for this post
February 24 2010, 9:53 AM 

CLS 7
War 4

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
February 24 2010, 12:57 PM 

What happened in the GBS game? It wasnt updated.

(no login)

GBS Game

No score for this post
February 24 2010, 1:37 PM 

GBS didn't get to play last night because the game before it went into 7 overtimes. The game needs to be rescheduled.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
February 24 2010, 3:32 PM 

cls will beat york? york just beat them 8-1.

marist could beat gbn.

npc..sorry but no.

anon
(no login)

No score for this post
February 24 2010, 4:01 PM 

CLS was missing all their double rostered players in the 8-1 loss. It will be a different game this time around.

Snakeskin Cowboy
(no login)

Double rostered???

No score for this post
February 24 2010, 6:06 PM 

D155 doesn't allow players to double roster. Perhaps CLS is up to roster manipulating again?

Perhaps D155 would be interested to learn about CLS program?

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Double rostered???

No score for this post
February 24 2010, 6:13 PM 

HAHA just like last year with Hinsdale Central vs. New Trier. They tried to double roster players and got caught.
The sweet sixteen has been announced except for the GBS vs NN game. Anyone know what the deal is with that?

NTG vs. Benet

CLS vs. York

St. Rita vs. NC

St. Charles N vs PR

LAG vs. GBS/NN

Barrington vs. Fenwick

Stevenson vs. NTB

GBN vs. Marist

Any Predictions?

Mine are as follows

Elite 8

NTG vs. York

Rita vs. PR

LAG vs. Fenwick

Stevenson vs. GBn

Semi's

NTG vs. Rita

Fenwick vs. Stevenson

UC

NTG vs. Stevenson

What do you think? Any upsets that we should be aware of?

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
February 26 2010, 8:39 AM 

GBS and Naperville North play on teusday 3/2 at GIC.
They didnt play last week cuz LA Maroon and OPRF were putting on a 9 overtime shitshow and by the end of it it was too late to play

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
February 26 2010, 1:15 PM 

At least CLS is not marking their double rostered players as injured like Hinsdale Central did last year. This year it looks like Larkin, who play in the ISHL is trying to play that game with marking their double rostered players as injured when they are playing for the Chargers.

Snakeskin Cowboy
(no login)

So CLS...

No score for this post
February 26 2010, 1:30 PM 

is honest on the scoresheet. What about w/ D155?

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
February 26 2010, 4:24 PM 

CLS can not have double rostered players. D/155 does not allow it. Could not happen, even if they wanted to.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 1 2010, 2:59 PM 

What do people think about the second round games being played in little more than a week?

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 2 2010, 3:29 PM 

What was the score of the GBS game?

anon
(no login)

No score for this post
March 2 2010, 4:36 PM 

GBS game is tonight

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 3 2010, 6:47 AM 

NN 6
GBS 4

(no login)

correction to rankings

No score for this post
March 4 2010, 5:12 AM 

Since Stevenson beat New Trier Green 3-2 recently
and Loyola beat Stevenson in Hit Championship 4-1
Top three Rankings would be correct as:

1. Loyola Gold
2. Stevenson
3. New Trier Green

anon
(no login)

Re: correction to rankings

No score for this post
March 4 2010, 6:24 AM 

Ha Ha Ha

NTG 7 LAG 1
NTG 3 LAG o
NTG 4 LAG 1

NTG has outscore LAG 14 - 2

NTG 4 STV 1
NTG 4 STV 1
STV 1 NTG 0

NTG has outscored STV 8-3

ENOUGH SAID!

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 4 2010, 10:25 AM 

im going to have to agree with the person above. congrats you beat ntg once by one goal? theyve beaten you twice by 3 each time. and if i were you i wouldnt count on ntg not scoring in a game again...

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 4 2010, 11:10 AM 

saying that since stevenson beat ntg and then loyola beat stevenson so loyola should be tops is retared thats how like an eight year old ranks teams.

Who cares
(no login)

No score for this post
March 4 2010, 11:11 AM 

They are all very good teams that might be able to beat each other depending on what day of the week it is and if everyone comes to play. So, in the long run, who cares what the rankings are now, or what you think they should be. You can't compare who beat who and this team outscored that team by "X" amount of goals. What matters is the next game. If these team are relying on what they did in the past they are going to get beat. You can't live in the past. One good game doesn't equal a season or mean that if you meet again the same team will win. If this was the case the USA should have won the gold. In my eyes NT still has to be the favorite.

(no login)

NTG

No score for this post
March 4 2010, 1:12 PM 

I agree NTG is the favorite as of now. But it is anyones game. With Stevenson beating them it shows that green is not perfect. It all depends on who comes out to play and who wants it the most. With the two most important players out hurt from NTG it opens the field for everyone else. It was a spectacular day though when NTG did loose and Stevenson did it with class. No screaming or yelling just shook their hands and walked off the ice. NTG is my eyes is probably the best team right now but it would be so nice to see someone else win beside them.

Who Cares
(no login)

Re: NTG

No score for this post
March 4 2010, 4:56 PM 

Yes, it is always nice to see the beast get knocked out. Knowing that NT is beatable is also a postive thing for anyteam (almost any) playing them, it brings them down a peg.

Current Topic - Blackhawk Cup 10' rankings
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement