<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

NTG wins

March 17 2010 at 8:30 PM
No score for this post
Anonymous  (no login)
from IP address 98.224.220.130

3-2 over york in OT, talk about a choke-job from york

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
snippy
(no login)

Re: NTG wins

No score for this post
March 17 2010, 8:43 PM 

Its funny how a bouncing puck can neutralize the better team for a while. Good to see Green make it through,though.

The York players can now tell their grandchildren that they almost beat New Trier Green once.

snippy
(no login)

No score for this post
March 17 2010, 8:54 PM 

PR-SR ?

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 17 2010, 9:05 PM 

PR SR is tomorrow at 630

-
(no login)

No score for this post
March 17 2010, 9:11 PM 

NTG NTG NTG NTG NTG NTG

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 17 2010, 9:51 PM 

congrats to the northshore faggots. barely beat a number 9 seed, you were supposed to walk through this tournament and ya almost lost, dont toot your own horn too much

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 17 2010, 10:02 PM 

That was the state title game right there.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 17 2010, 10:04 PM 

NTG knows they dodged a bullet.....big time

They did not panic. They will NOT have a tougher game than the did tonight.

Congrats to York for battling against the #1 team in the State.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 17 2010, 10:31 PM 

What the fuck? whose the fag bringing in seeding saying they should of walked through them?? At this point all that matters is a Win, no matter how to do it. Come from the kid who lost first round above.
This was a game for the ages in high school hockey. Both teams played unbelievable, and York played their hearts out. Literally. Congrats to New Trier Green. A team down 2 to 0 starting the 3rd having no fans and yorks 1000 fans screaming in your ears is a hard thing to come back in. They perserveed and did it, how about a congrats to New Trier?

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 17 2010, 10:48 PM 

NTG you are lucky to get out of that game with a victory. You can say lucky bounce's, but you scored some lucky back door goals. York out played you & deserved that game. It honestly looked like you guys just get to show up & get handed the state title. We will see you next game & do what York didn't finish. And to York you guys deserved that game & are the better team.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 18 2010, 6:05 AM 

I'm pretty sure that you don't want to talk too
much trash to them. I don't know if you all remember, but new trier has dominated the state for the entire year. If I were you, I wouldn't give them more of a reason to get hyped up for this game. And shouldn't you be worried about your own game tonight?

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 18 2010, 7:36 AM 

Oh we are prepped for our game tonight but our goal is to beat & hurt your team. I think we speak for the rest of the teams in the state of Illinois that everyone is tired of ntg. So keep your heads up & don't pay those refs to call the game your way now that you know this is out.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 18 2010, 7:47 AM 

Haha St. Rita how about you grow a pair and focus on PR? You can talk as much shit as you would like about NTG, but I believe they have already beaten you....Hurt them? Haha not the way i saw NTG hit York, my god. I think you should be the team to keep your heads up, because i will guarentee every single person on NTG will not want to be in the same position again, and therefore come out as hard as possible every shift of the game.

And as far as people saying NTG didn't deserve to win that game... you can question it all you want. The better team (NTG) came out flatfooted and York took advantage. Thats how hockey games work. But the better team came to play in the 3rd, and i would have to say that the 3rd period is the most important of the game? Yes york got a lucky second goal but they were winning by 2! How can you not protect that LEAD?HAAHAHAH Congrats to York, you can say your back in the elite of hockey, but everyone needs to realize that every team has a bad game, and its the best teams in the state that can come back to win.Look what happened.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 18 2010, 8:36 AM 

Why distract from what was a very good hockey game. York contolled much of the first period. NTG has a slight advantage in the second and dominated the third.
York started very fast but appeared to run out of gas late. NTG pressure finally yielded two goals half way through the third and they won it in overtime.
Very impressive turn out by York student body I think helped their team. Good to see school support for a high school hockey club. All high school games should be this exciting and well attended

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 18 2010, 8:41 AM 

Its helps when all the trailer parks are down the road...

York /NewTrier
(no login)

No score for this post
March 18 2010, 8:49 AM 

You are right. York Ran out of gas. Hard to play 2 lines against 3 - 4 good ones. Great atmosphere. Kudos to York fans that came out in droves. Everyone who sits out there and says High School Hockey sucks, should have seen the both those games last night.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 18 2010, 9:36 AM 

Why would you assume that comment came from the Rita side couldn't it be PR instead

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 18 2010, 10:02 AM 

Seeing as though the Rita vs PR game should be close, I am going to predict that the team with the player who posted above about beating and hurting NTG will probably lose the game. As last night's games showed, in the state playoffs you can get into big trouble if you look past particular games.

Not to mention, what kind of idiot comes on a public forum saying he is going to try to HURT the other team? I'll chalk it up to teeange immaturaty, but still....

(no login)

Assumption would come from IP location

No score for this post
March 18 2010, 10:56 AM 

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Assumption would come from IP location

No score for this post
March 18 2010, 11:56 AM 

while many could say that the turn out by york fans is good, i personally, am ashamed to be a york parent. i brought my daughter to the game because we have never seen a hockey game and this sounded good. but i was disappointed when i had to move across the rink because of the profanity of the york fans. then when i saw them hanging over the opposing teams bench taunting players AND coaches, i was disgusted. and then ultimately, i could not accept the fact that they threw open ketchup and mustard bottles and gatorade bottles at the others when they were celebrating. it is a great embarassment

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 18 2010, 12:03 PM 

I was not at the game and so did not see any of this, but I would say don't feel too bad, york parent. Unfortunately this is not behavior isolated to York or any other HS. When you have a large gathering of teenage kids this type of behavior occurs all-too-often. (and sometimes it is not even specific to teenagers). More security needs to be in place for well-attended games, otherwise the students will run amok.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 18 2010, 1:02 PM 

bahahaha 64.107.156.234. you are from kenilworth dude and no york parent with a daughter. NTG gets lucky and moves on, nuf said

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 18 2010, 1:54 PM 

Your right, the whole game was luck. They aren't a good team, they don't work on back door passing everyday in practice, they don't work for what they get, they just got TWO LUCKY goals and luckily won the game. Your right. You make so much sense

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 18 2010, 2:05 PM 

geez thats quite a long commute for school for your daughter all the way to elmhurst from winnetka

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 18 2010, 3:04 PM 

I think NTG had 15 fans at the game, compared to the 300 york supported. Good for the student body at York to support their team. No one can ever know or say that the fans had anything to do with the game, but maybe NTG should try to get their student body at the Edge on Monday @ 640.

hockey mom
(no login)

No score for this post
March 18 2010, 6:28 PM 

I too was at NTG/York game on Wednesday. BOTH teams were awesome and it's so sad that everybody has to write such pathetic remarks regarding what took place. As you all know it's a fact in every sport that there is a winner and a loser! Every team that made it into the Blackhawk cup has worked very hard to get there. These are just kids playing the greatest sport ever, so lets applaud all of them!

Observer
(no login)

NTG - York Game

No score for this post
March 18 2010, 6:44 PM 

The fans were closer to 1000 york fans - 100 NT fans..

As far as unruley bahavior, I did not see it.. But if dad sat
close to the teen agers, that's his first mistake.. Go to ANY
HS game, that's the way of live now, so dont dump on hockey until you've sat in the stands for a basketball or football game..

Was a GREAT game, NTG showed why they are State Champs year in and out.. Melton used his whole bench wisely..

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: NTG - York Game

No score for this post
March 18 2010, 11:16 PM 

Melton is garbage.

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: NTG - York Game

No score for this post
March 19 2010, 11:06 AM 

The Edge is literally in York's school district. If the game were played at winnetka then NT would outnumber York fans.And the York fans were just embarrassing themselves when they were throwing drinks and ketchup on the ice at the NT players as they were celebrating. Show some class. You lost. Get over it.

(no login)

Show some class

No score for this post
March 19 2010, 11:37 AM 

You need to face reality...it's high school hockey. If New Trier is upset that York fans threw stuff on the ice then that's NEw Triers problem. How many times have the New Trier fans thrown items on the ice. It happens in alot of the high school hockey games. It reflects nothing on the kids on the ice they have no control of the fans. It is what it is and you need to get past it. For this mom that is upset that her younger daughter saw it wait until your kid gets into high school she'll be doing the same things. Maybe not in front of you but she'll get into the hype of the rivalry that's what its all about.

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Show some class

No score for this post
March 19 2010, 12:05 PM 

There is no place for profanity, taunting the bench and/or throwing stuff on the ice. As a parent of a former player on a very successful high school team, I'm very proud of the fact that we got together as parents and put an end to that nonsense. It's a game for everyone to enjoy, not just the chumps who think they have a right to use vocabulary they wouldn't dare use around their mom.

Good sportsmanship should always be a top priority from any high school team and their fans. Your behavior is a reflection on your school, your parents and of course yourselves. The sooner you accept that and grow up, the better off you'll be.

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Show some class

No score for this post
March 19 2010, 12:17 PM 

I agree woth the above poster, but it is an idealistic take on the situation. Poor teenage behavior is not a new phenomenon. As a New Trier supporter, I don't kid myself into thinking that the way the students acted as a group reflects the integrity of the HS, the parents, or the community. Everyone has heard of 'mob mentality' and it is a fact. The most upstanding citizens can act outside their moral-code in the heat of a 'mob' moment.

Let's pay closer attention to the students at ANY game, and try to put a stop to questionable behavior BEFORE it gets out of hand. More supervision will fix the problem. In the meantime, let's keep in mind that NT students, Loyola students, Fenwick students, etc have all, at one point or another, behaved poorly. It is a teeange condition.

guestiest
(no login)

York Fans

No score for this post
March 19 2010, 12:19 PM 

To the woman who brought her daughter...Um, yeah, you had never been to a hockey game and yet you found this site to post on? Sure.

Many York fans are classless and a few, certainly not all, parents that are supposed to be monitoring them do nothing short of encouraging bad behavior. I have seen yellow jacketed Dads give the "thumbs up" to kids taunting other players and swearing at parents that ask them to settle down. If they were only throwing stuff on the ice, NTG players were lucky. York "fans" have been know to throw things AT opposing players.

AHAI and York's league have got to be aware of this. I heard, but have not confirmed, that the club was told to provide extra monitoring of their fans. I guess that isn't working so well.

NTG is the better team. That isn't new to anyone following IL hockey. To suggest they got lucky to beat Loyola is pretty laughable. April Fools Day isn't for another 13 days...

york has no class
(Login slanetrain)

york has no class

No score for this post
March 21 2010, 8:55 AM 

York has absolutely no class, i was one of the New Trier fans at that game, there was best case scenario, 20 of us and 10 of which were girls. all the groups split up after the game and i was walking alone with a girl on the phone and i was surrounded by 15 york puppies and they called me a jew pussy, a kike bitch, told me to suck their dicks, explained to me how NT was so gay. im not even jewish. its kids like that who just cant except a loss that makes me sick. its a game, yeah it sucks they lost and they played a hell of a game, then on top of that, 15 minutes later while walking to my car a girl began talkin shit to me, and then when i got in my car a York kid stopped traffic so him and his buddies could surround my car and yell shit and act tough, then a kid pulled down his pants and have me "the goat". what a bunch of bitches.

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: york has no class

No score for this post
March 21 2010, 9:17 AM 

Wow, if what you are saying is true, then I take back what I was saying above. If true, then York students certainly DO NOT have any class, and everyone associated with York should be ashamed.
Ethnic slurs....exposing one's self...harrassing individuals. Good god!

Anonymous
(no login)

WHAT DO YOU EXPECT

No score for this post
March 21 2010, 9:51 AM 

FROM.... TRAILER PARK WHITE TRASH......

snippy
(no login)

No score for this post
March 21 2010, 10:01 AM 

The IP address from that inflamatory post is from a Loyola player.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 21 2010, 11:24 AM 

dont loyola kids live all over? i didnt know they had their own little district.

snippy
(no login)

No score for this post
March 21 2010, 12:32 PM 

I made that up to get the Catholics all fired up. I figured after all the news regarding the Irish Catholics priests molesting kids stories came out that they would get fired up reading my lie.

happy boy
(no login)

No score for this post
March 21 2010, 2:51 PM 

those kids from york can do whatever they want and show what bad class they have but all i know is there all gonna be polishing my shoes in a couple years for a buck or two hoping to better their lives and move out of that trailer park. NT fuckin came back basically at ur home rink in front of all your fans and sat u bitches on ur asses.and then they were crying on the ice after. haha grow up pussies

happy boy
(no login)

No score for this post
March 21 2010, 2:53 PM 

a wins a win. a 3-2 win is the same as a 7-1 win. no one will remember when ntg beats loyola in the championship....again hahahahha NTG NTG NTG NTG FUCK THOSE YORK PUSSIES. THEY SUCK COCK! and love it in the butt.

happy boy
(no login)

No score for this post
March 21 2010, 2:55 PM 

and melton is trailer trash too. he sucks will harris's dick and sucks at coaching. if u put him at any other school he will suck. he does suck and talking to my friend whose on the team...they agree. everyone knows he sucks. he talks shit to other players.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 21 2010, 5:49 PM 

Think what you want about Melton, seriously let all your anger out on this blog because you can't play hockey, or your not getting laid. So please, keep going? What does he do wrong? Is it the 7 state championships in 12 years? Would he be a better coach if he won 12 out of 12? Grow up

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 21 2010, 8:01 PM 

hate to break this to people but you can put mickey mouse behind that bench and they still win 7 of 12 in illinois HS hockey talents trumps all its 95% OF the recipe for success coaching only factors in at around 2%. the fact is NTG is just better than all the other teams coaching only matters in leagues where the talent of all the teams is similar which aside from 10 teams Illinios HS hockey teams are no where near similar in talent

Anonymous
(no login)

Selfish Players

No score for this post
March 22 2010, 9:55 PM 

New Trier all looked like they wanted to do it themselves. No teamwork. And that little captain is a disgrace for taking a stupid penalty. I hope his teammates had the balls to thank him for taking a penalty with 5 minutes left in a tie game by slashing a Rita player after the whistle. I'm thrilled NT lost, and it was great to see NT play a game without biased officiating for once. Every time I see a NT team they get at least 5 phantom power plays. Refs were good and let them play and NTG can watch the title game at home. Thanks captain! You definitely let your whole team down!

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Selfish Players

No score for this post
March 22 2010, 11:21 PM 

singling out a high school aged player on a message board is pathetic. congrats on being a huge douche

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 23 2010, 4:47 AM 

where are all the ntg fans now, you lose and your mouth shuts. way to go rita you deserve it. what happened to the hall of fame melton thought he was a great coach and the best. not so much you were out coached buddy. pretty disappointing season for you green no hit title and no state title now what.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 23 2010, 7:18 AM 

shut your mouth, the only things ntg wrote on this site were about benny and the jet, stupid inside jokes about a candadian kid coming from Ontario to play for new trier, and just retarded jokes that werent even funny. they dont trash coaches, they dont trash players, and they certainly lived up to their "mouth." they were 1 win away from 50, they lost to 2 high school teams all year. do you have any idea what that takes? what coaching that takes?

what team do you play for? york, st charles north, loyola, benderville who cant get even a glance at a state title?

Ya maybe melton was out coached but how can you say that when green still scored 3 goals and gave up one loose puck and a couple nice shortside shots that ogard probably saves in practice without moving? not to mention greens best player had a broken ankle..

no one is making excuses for green, no one. everybody hates green, everybody has 3 goals...win hit, win state, and shut down green in front of a big crowd. but do you really think they deserve all this shit you are giving melton and his team?
come on they were ranked number one all year and never looked back, they beat the number 2 team in the state 7-1 (a team who now has a cake walk to the UC), they won what? 4, 5 torunaments? im sorry but thats a good team.

do you think bill self was outcoached or do you think northern iowa really would have won if #5 (a no name player) hit 6 three pointers?

Everybody relax, melton is a great coach, this was one of greens most memorable and best teams of all time. Green will be back and so will st rita and so will loyola and so will fenwick...etc. Green is green and they will be back with two goals, to win state and ruin st rita.

Just dont ever even think green had posts on this that wanted to make other teams or players feel like shit and your going off on a captain, Mike Vail whose either led or been damn close to leading the team in points? who started his sophomore year at the UC? whose now a senior and probably demorilized? get a grip kid, if i were you i would take down that posts. that kid is a two time all-state and 1 time state champion...hes the hardest worker on green as what i saw from the stands and he only deserves to be mentioned for the best player in the state, anger gets the best of us and in a big game like that (a game YOU will never play in) with that intensity and emotion, that could have happened to anyone. show a little class.

(no login)

No score for this post
March 23 2010, 7:45 AM 

If your saying the Loyola has a cake walk to the State Title over St. Rita than why didn't the #1 team Green beat them. St. Rita won...New Trier lost. It doesn't mean Loyola has a cake walk. As a team that was considered to do terrible this year they really are starting to peak as a unit. Whether it is St. Rita or Loyola it doesn't matter they both made it. Everyone bashes Loyola for taking second and not first...second is better than third, fourth etc. How many kids can say I got to play a HS State Championship game at the United Center. Good luch to both St. Rita and Loyola you both deserve to be where your at. You both wanted it a little bit more and your both winners.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 23 2010, 8:04 AM 

Mike Vail is a great player

NTG just didnt have the "magic" 2 games in a row

How can anyone say Melton is a poor Coach?

His record speaks for itself

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 23 2010, 8:21 AM 

NTG "lost the magic, 2 games in a row". They had five days off from the game against York. Quit making excuses for NTG they lost and thats it. Suck it up and get ready for next year.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 23 2010, 8:53 AM 

The truth is, NTG thoroughly outplayed St Rita, as you could see from about midway through the second period until the end of the game, when St Rita was reduced to chipping the puck out and icing it. St Rita did nothing special, their coach did nothing special, it was their goalie. The kid played a great game, and won it for Rita. That kid is a special player and I hope he goes on to win the championship because I think he deserves it.

It was a great game last night. The fans were into it, the players were into it, there was drama. NTG was the better team, as anyone could see, but Rita's goalie was shut down, and NT's were not.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 23 2010, 9:17 AM 

It's a TEAM that wins championships, not individuals. The goalie had a great game but take key players off the ice and SR loses. SR has been strong this year because they have played as a team. They have not counted on 1 player to carry them. Teamwork has got them the Kennedy Cup and a trip to the UC. And they will win or lose Friday as a team.

anon
(no login)

No score for this post
March 23 2010, 9:30 AM 

Don't kid yourself. Its the GOALIE!!!!!

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 23 2010, 9:34 AM 

YA OK. Don't kid yourself. Take 4 players off that team and NT wins goalie or not. But you have your opinion and we have seen it happen thruout the year so think what you want.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 23 2010, 9:36 AM 

I have nothing against both teams, i am a neutral observer. i usually dont comment on this site but when it comes down to players/parents/coaches/whomever critisizing seniors, all state players, and a hell of a good kid...it takes it to a new level. st rita, just like stevenson, deserved to beat new trier green, loyola had a cake walk TO THE UC (i did not mean state championship in general). St rita played their hearts out, pucks needed to get out and they did, hits needed to be made and they were, goals needed to be jammed into the back of the net and they were. although new trier and their goalies were not on their "A" game, they still played a hell of a third period and I give them all the respect I give to Rita for pulling the upset. Congrats to both Loyola, Marist, St. Rita, and the almighty trevs, you all had an amazing year and I hope to see some good hockey next year.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 23 2010, 9:38 AM 

and melton got the hall of fame for playing as a HS player for GBS not coaching, although he already has a very strong resume

Anonymous
(no login)

On to friday

No score for this post
March 23 2010, 10:51 AM 

St. Rita will win the Cup. They have had the tougher road. As the saying goes" what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger" As in any sport the harder road builds the better team. St. Rita will come out strong on Friday and Take it to Loyola. You heard it here first.

hockey fan
(no login)

No score for this post
March 23 2010, 10:59 AM 

hockey fan
(no login)

No score for this post
March 23 2010, 11:04 AM 

It wouldn't be so bad if the team and fans wern't so arrogant.

Anonymous
(no login)

weak

No score for this post
March 23 2010, 12:00 PM 

The NTG goalie gave up 3 weak goals on 3 weak shots. 5 shots 2 saves does not win games.

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: weak

No score for this post
March 23 2010, 12:41 PM 

You lost face the fact that your not the best. In the end it dosent matter how many you won or lost. You were unable to win the hit or state. You can watch the game on comcast on Friday. FYI vail is far from the best player in the state.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 23 2010, 2:34 PM 

stop ripping on mike vail you fucking faggots.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 23 2010, 3:11 PM 

why are people ripping on michael vail? He is one of my best friends and have been teammates with for years. I can tell you no one puts as much time and effort into the sport as he does. He has proven himself over the last three years as being a top Green forward year in and year out. Stop singling out one player for the loss by Green, yes maybe it was a questionable penalty that might have cost his team the game, but Green has won and lost as a team all season. The injury bug bit this team at the wrong time, so find other excuses and blame other people for the loss, not Vail.
I have never seen anything like this; a blog where people rip on others. If you really want to start this, please come forward with your name and we will all critique you. Grow up and move on. Green lost. So why are we still talked about on this blog. you have the biggest game coming up, and your still focuses on us.
Leave my captain alone, and no we will not "rip that 'C' off as someone posted above. He has been an excellent leader all season, and i am not going to question that based on one penalty call where emotions took over.

It was a fucking love tap to the side of the pad on the opposing team, why would the ref call that as a penalty with 5 minutes left after Green just fought their asses off? Thats fucking ridiculous. The refs did all they could do give the advantage to Rita, and it worked. Goaltending is still the main question with this game.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 23 2010, 3:14 PM 

sorry but the above poster kind of sounds like a fourth grader. NT definitely peaked early and and I can't say the same about LAG. How can people bet against a team that's defeated the last 5 big teams its played (Hit semi, Hit championship, 1st round, quarterfinal, semi game) by about an average margin of 5 goals? What would make you think that they'll stop for Rita?

They certainly didn't stop when they played Stevenson, who beat green 2-1 or something like that. In fact, LAG won by a decent margin.

They've beaten Rita twice so far, although by 1-2 goals both times, they've proved that they can play with anyone, anywhere.

It's going to be a great game on Friday, but I can't see LAG loosening up its grip on state at this point.

anon
(no login)

No score for this post
March 23 2010, 3:21 PM 

Loyola is so lucky Green lost to Rita. The 3 games vs Green this year were.

NTG 7 LAG 0
NTG 4 LAG 1
NTG 3 LAG 0

(no login)

State Final

No score for this post
March 23 2010, 3:29 PM 

It really doesn't matter at this point what the teams won through the season its who gets to advance to the United Center and guess what it wasn't Green.

snippy
(no login)

No score for this post
March 23 2010, 3:32 PM 

They never proved they can play with Green, you idiot. And Green peaked? lol A team outshoots another team 35-10 and they have peaked? Wake up, loser.

Nice record in the MWPL this year. Good way to embarrass an entire state.

Thanks

southsider
(no login)

No score for this post
March 23 2010, 3:37 PM 

Let's just say that the arrogance of NTG makes this loss enjoyable to us all. They probably still are the best team but reputation means nothing in big games. We keep hearing how great their coach is(not blaming him but buck stops there), we see the parents act like they are parents of NHL players. Say what you want but you almost lost to an overrated York team and were outworked by blue collar southsiders. Goaltending is always a factor but if you were playing as well as you believe you can, you should have overcome this. To hear you complain about an injury or the reffing shows that you still can not accept the truth. Perhaps you are used to getting all the calls and capitalizing on the powerplay. Roll up your sleeves next year and remember that we will not just give you guys the trophy in October. You might need to work a little harder. Good luck to Rita and Gold at the UC.

snip
(no login)

Ogard

No score for this post
March 23 2010, 4:29 PM 

NTG was nothing without Ogard, he stood on his head for green for two years and had one bad game in which his team could not help him one bit. Four brutal showings in state in a row for the Trevians. Unfortunately NTG just did not have the depth to compete when push came to shove

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Ogard

No score for this post
March 23 2010, 4:51 PM 

They won state last year...what are you saying?

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 23 2010, 5:32 PM 

The best teams in this one and done tournament are playing on Friday. If it were a best of 3 I would still pick Rita over New Trier and I consider NT still to be the best HS team this year even though they didn't make it to the UC. They were not playing their best hockey during the tournament and that is the reason why they lost. Whether it be injuries, peaking early...it catches up to you in a one and done tournament. It was just bad timing.

Seen Rita 5 or 6 times this year and they are one of the most disciplined if not the most disciplined team I've seen all year. They do what it takes to win. One poster talked about them continuely icing the puck. Thats part of their game plan. In reality they try and win each battle and do not try and force the play. Icing the puck is their way of not getting beat by doing something stupid in their own zone. Get it out, win the face off, and win the next battle. Good teams take what is given to them. That's Rita in a nutshell.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 23 2010, 5:40 PM 

everyone needs to calm down, calling out the NTG captain is absurd and whoever did it behind the mask of a message board needs to take a good look in the mirror, thats a high school aged player and no one deserves to be called out like that. As for the game, ntg was probably the best team in the state this year, but that doesnt mean you get to talk to the state title. Rita played a very strong game, lead by their goalie, and took down green despite the shot difference. rita was able to come out on top that day, and thats all that matters. green had a very good season, just didnt end the way they wanted to. good luck to both teams who advanced on friday

(no login)

Ogard

No score for this post
March 23 2010, 6:16 PM 

Has done nothing but hide behind a top quality team for 2 years. Finally someone worked hard enough and figured them out. Then when challenged they could not hold on. Over rated!

hockey observer
(no login)

No score for this post
March 23 2010, 5:49 PM 

To say this was one of Greens best teams ever is ridiculus. The talent at the High School level is probably the weakest it been in the last 8-10 years. The teams in the final four this year would have had a hard time making the final 8 or possibly the final 16 of years past.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 23 2010, 5:54 PM 

Why do you go back to the past? Who cares?

Anonymous
(no login)

NTG, on the couch

No score for this post
March 23 2010, 6:27 PM 

There are a lot of aspects to coaching: player recruiting, player evaluation, player selection, skill development, team building, X's and O's, motivation, scouting, game planning, character building, staff organization, and so on.

A coach could be very strong in a lot of these areas and would deserve to be called a great coach. But a coach or a team could have systematic shortcomings that prevent them from achieving even greater success.

I don't know where it starts and how it spreads, but the NTG coaches, players and parents don't respect their opponents. They try to bury their opponets rather than to defeat them.

Generally they play a very open style of hockey, which can be entertaining for the fans, enjoyable for the players and successful for the team. It's fun to dominate and win by a big margin.

But at times you have to focus on containing your opponent ... on positioning and checking ... and focus on getting ugly goals ... forget about the sweet pass and sharp shooting ... get to the net, create traffic, jump on rebounds.

This approach to the game and some of these abilities have to be developed over the course of the season. Maybe NTG does work on these things and play this way when playing other nationally ranked teams.

But when playing in the Illinois State tournament, I suspect they expect to win by a lot. Then they seem to get unhinged when things don't go their way ... the players, coaches and parents. I don't know how they could prevent or contain that.

Anonymous
(no login)

TO Hockey Observer

No score for this post
March 23 2010, 7:00 PM 

To say that Ill. Hockey has gotten weaker is dead wrong. It is getting better it is just not moving at the same pace when compared to Hockey outside of Ill.

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: TO Hockey Observer

No score for this post
March 23 2010, 7:40 PM 

Some of you are saying that no one deserves to be called out on a message board, and for the most part, I agree. However (and it happens on almost every team) there is usually someone who is so arrogant and makes such an ass of themselves that they should expect nothing less.

Sure, no one deserves it, but if a good athlete lets something that is said on an anonymous internet forum have such an affect on them that they take it to heart, they should probably take a step back and think about the whys, whats, hows, etc...or if they should even be playing anymore with such a sensitive mental side to the game.

(no login)

shots on goal

No score for this post
March 23 2010, 8:49 PM 

can somebody please confirm shots on goal? all i hear about is the goalies standing on their heads

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: shots on goal

No score for this post
March 23 2010, 8:58 PM 

michael vail isnt the one who has the problem with this statement. he knows what happened. its the sensible people on this board (and there arent many) that see the immaturity of calling out a high school player anonymously on a message board that are upset with the statement. and they have a right to be upset, saying somebody made a mistake is one thing, but calling them out as being the reason a team lost? that is something you just dont say on a site like this. whats the saying? "if you cant say it to their face, you shouldnt say it at all"

hs man
(no login)

No score for this post
March 23 2010, 8:51 PM 

Go ask NTG coach about that. He told many it was possibly his best team ever.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 23 2010, 10:25 PM 

St. Rita will be upset no matter what the outcome of Friday's game is.........because whether they win or lose, they still are walking home to their trailer parks. Congrats and good luck Rita, you may have reached the UC, but the only thing you will reach for in the future is getting promoted from cashier to McDonald's Manager.

class
(no login)

you have none

No score for this post
March 23 2010, 11:19 PM 

That's the spirit.Go wreck mommy's Lexus and drown your sorrow's with some blow.

anonymous
(no login)

trailer parks

No score for this post
March 24 2010, 12:21 AM 

I'm going to assume none of the students whose parents are paying for private school live in trailer parks?...i love when the north siders fall back on their wallets when they lose games...sucks when mommy and daddy can't buy you something for once doesn't it?

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: trailer parks

No score for this post
March 24 2010, 5:36 AM 

Ya it really sucks to be wealthy man.... your north sider jokes really don't affect me. Yes i enjoy being able to buy things, yes i like to watch the hawks and the cubs at their respective stadiums, sorry my parents went to college and actually decided on having a future. So continue with you jokes, i enjoy them...

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 24 2010, 6:40 AM 

did mommy and daddy buy Loyola back to back state championship appearances and a state championship win for New Trier last year? no. good point though, it makes a lot of sense. the parents definitely pay for the sports skill of the north shore. youre a moron.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 24 2010, 6:51 AM 

Whats with all the hostility...can't afford a double wide with plumbing...You can pretend you hate it all you want, but deep down it is killing you..

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 24 2010, 8:32 AM 

alright new trier, WIN LIKE A MAN, LOSE LIKE A MAN. learn that saying and try to apply to everytime you lose! you guys always have an excuse! oh our good goalie was not in, the ice sucked, refs were awful. SHUT UP! there's always next year. WIN LIKE A MAN, LOSE LIKE A MAN.

Anonymous
(no login)

Sorry..

No score for this post
March 24 2010, 9:59 AM 

Not from New Trier...enjoying your negative banter and insecurities..

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Sorry..

No score for this post
March 24 2010, 10:04 AM 

If we lived in trailers we would park them on your front lawn in winnetka or wilmette morans

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 24 2010, 11:02 AM 

I believe you mean morons? If you parked on my lawn maybe you could learn something from my gardeners, they probably know more than you. And maybe you should consider every other team in the state who makes excuses when they lose. I don't hear you complaining about them.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 24 2010, 12:08 PM 

Sure your gardners know more. Do you think people on the south side don't go to college and have great jobs. You are sadly mistaken. You need to leave your bubble world and quit assuming.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 24 2010, 12:12 PM 

People, this is a forum for hockey, not class wars. And for that matter, not everyone up north is rich, and i am willing to bet no one from St Rita lives in a trailer. There is nothing wrong with being from the northside, and there is nothing wrong with being from the southside (except the sox). Everyone take a deep breath, relax......and get back to the hockey issue.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 24 2010, 12:21 PM 

Relly? check your facts bud 90% of all rita grads go on to graduate college and go on to better things. Believe it or not the area where you live is not the only area where people have money. In fact some people choose to have money and stay on the southside so there kids can attend the same fine instituitions that they attended. So rag on St. Rita, catholic schools, and the southside in general, but when it all come down to it everyone knows where the true class of the city is. if your fromt he sothside raise your glasses if your not raise your standards.

Anonymous
(no login)

last of your class?

No score for this post
March 24 2010, 1:31 PM 

you must be in the 10% class then...everyone knows the southside works for the northside..

Anonymous
(Login slanetrain)

Re: last of your class?

No score for this post
March 24 2010, 2:56 PM 

even if loyola wins the state championship, they are not state champions. being a state champion means they are the best team in the state, and the best team in the state was New Trier and is still New Trier. it was a shitty way to end the year, but i think its hilarious that the circumstances had to come to this. NT has lost 5 games all season, two of which were to highschool teams, RITA got a lucky break and was out shot 37-14 or somethin. rita will most likely lose to LAG but that doesnt make LAG state champs because NTG crushed LAG every single time they played. dissapointing end to an awesome season by NTG.

NEW TRIER RULES ALL, SEE YOU NEXT YEAR PUSSIES

snippy
(no login)

No score for this post
March 24 2010, 3:03 PM 

Well, if you're not a Sox fan yhen that might make you a Cubs fan. Wow, welcome to 103 years of losing.

Not good.

Northsider
(no login)

Sox Fan

No score for this post
March 24 2010, 3:31 PM 

I'm a northsider and a Sox Fan, as well as a parent of a former NT hockey player who has a state championship under his belt. NT has a unique program in that by the time some of these players make the Green Team, they have had 2 years playing in Chicago Metro. That is what makes this program so strong, along with coaching that continued development of it's players. I know it, I saw it, and coming from 4 years of AAA, my son knows good coaching. Don't knock it. You catholic schools have players coming from all over the place and from various youth programs that are much larger than Wilmette and Winnetka. New Trier is good year in and year out and this year's team was young, relatively speaking. Five Sophomores, and a few Juniors will be returning, including their top goalie. Next year, they will only be stronger. All this talk about arrogance is just BS. I work hard to live in this community as many others do who attend New Trier, living paycheck to paycheck so we can attend this school. Please stop your generalizations and stereotypes of us northshore people and hopefully the silly fools on the site will do the same for the southsiders. Rita won it........but NT is still the best team in the state.

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Sox Fan

No score for this post
March 24 2010, 3:37 PM 

After Friday, no matter who wins, New Trier will once again will have to EARN the title of best in state....they gone!!!!

Sox fan
(no login)

it's

No score for this post
March 24 2010, 3:41 PM 

.....a tournament. It's one thing to win the BHC but it's another to have the best record, and also win it 7 times in the past 12 years. It's a "one ane your done" for Rita this year. They won't be back for some time.

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: it's

No score for this post
March 24 2010, 4:01 PM 

finally somebody has made a sensible post from the northside. im also an nt parent who lives modestly so my son can go to nt and get a great education. i will say this though, the PLAYERS on ntg have showed a lot of class after this loss. i wish i could say that for the FANS as well, but you all have most likely read the recent posts on this website. i also believe that the rita players did the same. the shear disrespect strikes me as fans who cant play at the level of the players, so they ridicule the opposition. it is really sad to see

Present
(no login)

Past is for Losers

No score for this post
March 24 2010, 4:35 PM 

NT is the best team in the state. I don't think so or they would be playing Friday night. Face it you guys lost. You are the 3rd of 4th best team in the state and that would be decided by a consolation game. Sports is about what have you done in the present and not in the past. NT was the best in the past, but the future belongs to Rita or Loyola. People just need to except the facts and move on. Look forward to next year NT like the rest of us.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 24 2010, 4:45 PM 

We were not putting down the north suburbs they were putting us down on the south . We also work hsrd to send our kids to good schools some live in suburbs and choose to send their kids to catholic schools. Some of the kids have played AAA but like your kids choose to play high school hockey. So don't put us down most of us work way harder then you to have a brick house and send our kids to good schools.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 24 2010, 5:04 PM 

Haha then don't you dare say you work harder than anybody from the Northside. Whatever team your on, please go to your team and give me an average GPA of everyone on that team, and that will show how hard you work/how smart you really are. I know that Green's is around a low 4.0 and i can say that LAG's might be close or a little short of that.
Hockey is a priveledge for those lucky enough to play, but when you bring up arguments about work ethic you cannot discredit NTG. They have worked their asses of all season, and came a bit short. You can say they peaked two early, but having two broken ankles to both their best players in Harris and Wetzel, both two time All-Staters and one time state champions, i don't really see how you can argue they peaked too early.
But anyway, that doesn't matter. Congrats to both Loyola Gold and St. Rita, and best of luck on friday.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 24 2010, 5:04 PM 

the post about nt being the state champion no matter what is ridiculous. Is nt the most talented team in the state? yes probably, but no matter how much that outshot rita or outplayed them, they failed to win the game. The top teams doesnt always become the state champion, but give credit to the teams who did make it and dont try to tarnish what theyve done. whoever wins friday is the unquestionable state champion of illinois

NTG Alumni
(no login)

ok

No score for this post
March 24 2010, 5:46 PM 

People need to get over the fact green lost. They are obviously the best team in the state who just caught a bad break. The players are done talking about it, I can guarantee you they are not the ones writing about $ or trailer trash. They know that they should have one and that they lost. Also don't think that they were actually stupid enough to write on this message board. Their coach cracked down on this site and monitored it. All those goofy posts were from blue/jv kids, friends of players, and alumni. I played on green four years ago and I know guys who come on here and write stuff. But if you are going to be malicious about the writing,use your brain and know that green kids don't write on this. As for the game, nt definately peaked too early. Imagine winning 50 games and having to play the same teams three or four times. For them some games are just "average" games, but the teams they are playing against are doing anything they can to win. They got burned out and clearly from their play monday they were out of shape. If Rita plays the way they did vs. Green they should smoke Loyola who is 1/3 of a hockey team.

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: ok

No score for this post
March 24 2010, 7:00 PM 

"They are obviously the best team in the state who just caught a bad break."

I wish I had a nickel for every time I saw this in a NT post loss post. I could live in Kenilworth, not that trailer trash Winnetka burb.

The fact is, you can't wish, or buy, yourselves the title. You actually have to accomplish it.

Green crowed on here all season long. I, and many others, frequently cautioned those that boasted green was unmatched in HS hockey that its a long season and it comes down to who is hot at the right time. Please pardon us while we relish in green's pain.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 24 2010, 7:42 PM 

I can live in Kenilworth.....now who are you crapping...no you couldn't.. and if Winnetka is trailer trash to you...wow..I guess all your monoply money is getting to your head..

The only thing I agree is that NT is over rated..

your gay
(Login slanetrain)

No score for this post
March 24 2010, 9:06 PM 

NT IS IN NO WAY OVERRATED, 9 out of 10 times new trier would crush st rita, and they did do that to loyola this year 4 times. granted the one game they did lose was the one that mattered, rita probably cant even believe they are going to state, they were severely outplayed and caught a lucky break. its funny cause someone earlier posted "the best team won" but the best team that night was NTG. i will say that the rita (fatass) goalie had a hell of a game but NTG rocked that stadium and outplayed rita indefinitaly. i guess we'll never know at this point but i would put my life savings on NT beating st rita if they played again. NTG is number one. LAG is number 2 and rita is somewhere between 3rd and 25th.

LIVE LOVE LAX

Bullwinkle the moose
(no login)

give it up for.....

No score for this post
March 25 2010, 4:09 AM 

Congrats to St. Rita and Loyola....play well. You have earned the right to play in this game by your play. Coach Ferguson: you made the southside proud.. if you think it is easy to assemble a strong program with shrinking youth programs down south you are mistaken. I actually am excited to see a southside team in the championship; it's good for the game. DJ once again has his team playing its' best hockey when it counts....the sign of a great coach.

snippy
(no login)

Re: give it up for.....

No score for this post
March 25 2010, 12:57 PM 

"DJ has his team playing the best hockey when it counts"? lol

Which century are you referring to?

Anonymous
(no login)

NT Stop Trying to Pound Your Chest

No score for this post
March 25 2010, 4:10 AM 

NT Lost and you guys have got to learn you pound your chest all year and when it counted you blew it. SO all your bravado is hallow and your Team did not live up to the hype. So stop trying to say your team is still the best around. You LOST the two biggest games of the year END OF STORY!!!!

Kaner
(no login)

HAHAHAHA!

No score for this post
March 25 2010, 12:37 PM 

Firstly, the team that wins the BIG game, earns the opportunity to call themselves Champions. Would anybody actually argue the lack of ownership to the term "Gold Medal Champion Mens 1980 USA Hockey Team"?? You know the "Miralce on Ice"? ALL OF THESE YEARS LATER, DO WE EVER HEAR ABOUT THE RUSSIAN OLYMPIC 1980 CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM??????????????

NO. We do not.

So when it counted NTG lost the opportunity to call themselves State Champs this year.

And lastly,for all of the arrogant behavior displayed for generations of NTG players, I can only say I feel sorry for you. On a much deeper level then the loss to St Rita, your community is polluted with human garbage, and that is sad. Money can't buy you class, and there have been way too many boastful arrogants jerks brewing in your northshore community for decades to pass it off as a few bad apples. You people stink of rotten hearts and blackened souls.

So when we collectively laugh at you douchbags losing to Rita, don't take it personally, but sometimes stereotypes are reinforced, and it's easy for people to point and laugh at a community of assclowns like you.

GO RITA!!!!!

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: HAHAHAHA!

No score for this post
March 25 2010, 12:47 PM 

Poster from Rita, you need to get a handle on reality. You are talking about class? Have you actually attended one of your team's games? The Dad's are bad enough, and with the fat ugly cursing mothers put you over the top. To say NTG has no class shows that you don;t really know what class is, which I guess explains the behavior of your parents.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 25 2010, 12:54 PM 

Did you see some of the pictures ftom NTG senior night? You have some hefty mothers up North

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 25 2010, 1:26 PM 

I do believe that NTG won the sportsmanship award. i dont see how they can be classless with being given that award

anon
(no login)

awards.......

No score for this post
March 25 2010, 2:01 PM 

They are given, and not always earned. What has BHO done to earn his Nobel Peace Prize?

Exactly, he just talked a good game. Wait thats the same thing NTG did before they SHAT the bed vs. St.Rita .

mvp
(no login)

No score for this post
March 25 2010, 7:27 PM 

that's about as exciting as winning the most improved player award. Just another example of the coach's tentacles firmly planted in AHAI. Good thing the HOF was voted on before this gag job by green.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 25 2010, 2:09 PM 

And good luck to both teams tomorrow night. Hopefully it will be a close and hard fought clean game. And we know that whatever team comes out on top, the NT faithful will be on this board saying "oh well we beat lag 3 times or we dominated strita in the semis outshot them blah blah blah". Who cares and enjoy watching the game!! LAG and StRita players enjoy your day at school tomorrow and all the excitment leading up to the puck drop. Congatulations!

anonymous
(no login)

haha

No score for this post
March 25 2010, 4:50 PM 

i think rita's "fatass" goalie weighs 150 lbs tops so try another excuse...why are we talking about new trier anymore? good luck loyola and st rita two catholic schools in the state finals

statman
(no login)

shots on goal

No score for this post
March 25 2010, 6:23 PM 

is it true shots were 45 to 10 ntg?

Don Cherry
(no login)

how's my tie?

No score for this post
March 25 2010, 7:13 PM 

Sorry you're good almost great team, lot's of wins, number one almost all year, BUT, all the really great teams win the big ones.
Nobody remembers the really good almost winners

Anonymous
(no login)

Top Two Review

No score for this post
March 26 2010, 5:02 AM 

"nt definately peaked too early. Imagine winning 50 games and having to play the same teams three or four times. For them some games are just 'average' games ... They got burned out and clearly ... they were out of shape."

How could a good coach ... a great coach ... allow his team to peak too early, to be out of shape or to be burned out for the semi-final game in State? How could a good coach fail to develop his depth throughout the year so that when injuries occur he has competant replacements, especially when he's picking the top 20 out of 80+ players who try out? I'd actually be shocked if the coach gave those as the reasons they lost. You sound polite and like you're making an effort to understand, but you're in denial. NTG has a shortcoming that can be fixed. But you'll have to look real hard to recognize it and give up something to admit it.

"RITA got a lucky break and was out shot 37-14 or somethin"

NTG: 3 for 37 = .081 shooting percentage
StR: 4 for 14 = .286 shooting percentage

The winner isn't the team that swung and missed the most, or even the one with the better shooting percentage. It's the one that hit the target the most.

Did NTG out-skate St Rita? If so we'll give them style points.
Were they too rudderless to realize that what they were doing wasn't working? We'll take away execution points.
None of these points go into the final score. The judges don't choose the winner.

NTG can be as proud as they want about their individual skills or their team winning percentage for the season, but they aren't going home with the big prize because the team lacks a key element. But never mind. They're happy just the way they are. They're so committed to their style of play that they can't adapt it to win the big, tough playoff game. It sounds like a dinosauer to me.

anon
(no login)

Re: Top Two Review

No score for this post
March 26 2010, 6:09 AM 

Rita's goalie better come up with another "stand on his head" performance or this game will be a joke. NTG put 35 shots on that kid and so will LAG. Its all about the Rita goalie tonight as nothing else will matter.

St Rita
(no login)

Furst time in 23 years

No score for this post
March 26 2010, 9:43 PM 

Kennedy Cup and State Champions!

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Furst time in 23 years

No score for this post
March 27 2010, 8:20 AM 

StR is the best team in the state of IL. You can't beat the "two best teams" NTG and LAG by being lucky. Unlike NTG that tries to win 7-2, StR tries to win 1-0. So StR wins State 2-1 while NTG gets eliminated in the semi's 4-3. That's the nature of play-off hockey at every level. Play hard. Try to shut out your opponent.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 27 2010, 8:51 AM 

Wow, give this guy a Nobel Prize! Fucking incredible stuff, man!! If only teams besides Rita were trying to shut out their opponants.

snippy
(no login)

No score for this post
March 27 2010, 9:46 AM 

Actually the kid is on to something. There rarely is a team that can move the puck like Green. Green will always make that extra pretty pass to make a spectacular goal rather than shot it at the net and have a crowd there for the rebound.

I don't think Green won many of the 1 on 1 puck battles against Rita. Maybe they need to toughen up a little. I still can't believe that there isn't a weight training facility at one of the rinks for these guys.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 27 2010, 11:05 PM 

"If only teams besides Rita were trying to shut out their opponants."

Actually NTG is one team that famously is not trying to shut out their opponents. They may want to, but in a late-round playoff game of a competative tournament, your FOCUS can't be to score a ton of goals AND shut out your opponent. You have to pick one. NTG picks the former. Intelectually they must know that defense is important. But it appears that it's not the focus of their strategy, tactics and preperation.

They're trying to bury their opponents. They believe deeply in their superiority. They don't respet their opponents.

For a team with the number of good players they have to choose from, winning HIT or State shouldn't be a coin toss. NTG is not a great team now.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 28 2010, 1:31 AM 

really? in the past 13 years theyve won more state titles than every other team in the state combined. they obvioudly focus on shutting out their opponent, one game doesnt shape a teams identity. they lost and congrats to rita, but to say ntg is falling off the map is simply false

anon
(no login)

No score for this post
March 28 2010, 8:56 AM 

2010 Rita
2009 NTG
2008 GBN
2007 GBN
2006 NTG
2005 GBS
2004 Fenwick
2003 Fenwick
2002 NTG
2001 NTG
1999 NTG
1998 NTG
1997 NTG

How can Loyola Gold not get a single state championship since 1994? As someone has said before they are the Buffalo Bills of high school hockey. Some good teams over the years but we only remember the Champions.

anon
(no login)

let us not rewrite the results

No score for this post
March 28 2010, 9:48 AM 

The above poster has the last 5 years of BHC Championships listed incorrectly.

2010 - St.Rita
2009 - NTG
2008 - GBN
2007 - GBN
2006 - GBS

It is important to have it right, because it makes the trend more clearly observable.
NTG has won only 1 of 5 titles in RECENT history. This indicates more clearly a drop in NTG's dominance of
HS Hockey Championships. Regular season is still their realm. However, people only remember who wins the Cup.

anon
(no login)

Re: let us not rewrite the results

No score for this post
March 28 2010, 10:43 AM 

nice try to switch this to NTG again. Every one of your posts is about NTG. Its so great the jealousy you have for NT. I know who you are. Your Ramblers are the Chicago Cubs. The biggest bunch of losers and their leader is the main reason. "There is always next year".... ha ha ha

Anonymous
(no login)

No Comparison

No score for this post
March 28 2010, 3:21 PM 

Can’t compare Gold to the Cubs. Gold has gotten to the big dance and the Cubs haven’t even sniffed it. Don't blame anyone about Gold's failure in the Finals. They have been in the finals six out of the last ten years. No other organization can claim that success. Yeah I know Green has been there one less and won it a couple of times but if you were to look to the future who is going to have a better chance to win it. The team that gets there the most often will have it. So if I were to say Gold will be in the finals 3 out of the next five years (not a ridiculous claim given their past history) who would you go play for??? They will win it eventually. Gold’s success is more a statement to how great a coach they have by taking whatever talent he gets and turning them into a strong Blackhawk contender year in and year out. So go pick on some other organization they know what they have and will stay the course. Thank you vey much!!

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: No Comparison

No score for this post
March 28 2010, 6:11 PM 

The title of this discussion thread is "NTG wins." But agreed let's leave this thread and talk about something else because NTG is not the best team in State this year.

Anonymous
(no login)

Hey No Comparison!

No score for this post
March 29 2010, 10:15 AM 

You are kidding right? Taking whatever talent he gets? How about...he can get whoever and then compete against teams that only get kids from their own school system? He has a huge advantage and should have had several titles over those years.

Leadership wins championships. Good talent is not enough. They have plenty of talent.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 29 2010, 9:13 AM 

well did rita's goalie come up with the game you were looking for or did the just luck out again?

Viewer
(no login)

Team win

No score for this post
March 29 2010, 10:10 AM 

The Rita team played a great defensive game. That is what won it for Rita.

Great team win, good luck at Nationals.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 29 2010, 12:46 PM 

I would not say Rita's goalie got lucky again

I would say he is one of the best goalies in the State

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 29 2010, 3:41 PM 

i would agree with you. he is one of the best in the state, and he plays in front of a defensively minded team.

DMAN
(no login)

Defense Wins

No score for this post
March 29 2010, 4:52 PM 

Agree 1000 percent. Defense wins Championships.

defense
(no login)

Re: Defense Wins

No score for this post
March 30 2010, 8:50 AM 

it does win championships, but I'm gonna say this is ritas last championship for a long time

Current Topic - NTG wins
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement