<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

Job Openings

March 11 2012 at 7:40 AM
No score for this post
Observer  (no login)
from IP address 99.166.146.12

What Coaches got let go and what Coaching jobs are open.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Job Openings

No score for this post
March 11 2012, 6:17 PM 

MB should get the GBN job back, EP didn't win anything other than 1st in regular season for metro north. They couldn't even win their first state game and had no good showings in tournaments other than lost in ot in scholastic cup. MB at least took those boys to the UC even if he was a nut case

anon
(no login)

No score for this post
March 11 2012, 6:33 PM 

Agree. Great Post. They also had an interview with NTG coach BM and chose EP over him as well. Not a great choice by GBN BOD.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 11 2012, 8:38 PM 

I believe that if Melton had been offered the northbrook hd job and the gbn job that is where he would be today.

anon
(no login)

just sayin'.......

No score for this post
March 11 2012, 8:44 PM 

St. Viator's new coach took, or will take them further than EP did.

Enough said !

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: just sayin'.......

No score for this post
March 13 2012, 12:44 PM 

CL has done a great job with viator, granted he has a good team this year. This is the first time they have made the final 4 since like 70s. He has improved that team a lot and even their lower lines have gotten better and have held their own against better teams top lines. Their top line still score most of their goals though. Good for CL coming back into high school hockey and doing this well

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 13 2012, 3:17 PM 

EP is terrific coach. Knows GBN players well. Look out for GBN next year.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 13 2012, 4:56 PM 

Yes they may be good next year but they were supposed to be good this year and look what happened... Hope it turns out better for you and your son

Anon
(no login)

Hockey Morons

No score for this post
March 15 2012, 7:32 AM 

To the genius who posted just sayin.......... Did EP not take little Johnny on Varsity one year? Or didnt he see enough ice time when he did make varsity. Although records speak for themselves and Evan needs nobody to defend him..I'll take a moment. He took a crap LZ program and won 75% of his games before he left. Where was Viator before he took over.....Not in the Catholic League and irrelavent...When he left runner up catholic league, Scholastic cup champions. His youth record coaching in one of the smallest programs in NIHL is unrivaled. Playing for another NIHL Championship and just missed state after losing top players. Throw in Coach PG who was not only an accomplished player but one of the best coaches ion HS hockey. As for GBN most people felt it would be a down year, lost best goalie 2 forwards and D in Metro North and all state. Returned 1 line and role players.Lost all state D man most of year came back at 50%.Lost 2nd leading scorer to a "joke" 30 day suspension also lost 1 of 2 top goalis 2nd half to concussion. Not to mentionhis time off for recovery and kids handling that also A bad year....yes they lost a sweet 16 game to underrated Benet.But how did that great new coach and mighty Viator do against them all year 0 wins. GBN undefeated in MN runner up scholastic cup.Viator won 1 good tourny and a watered down Holiday tourny most teams playing down 5-6 top players, and AHAI in there wisdom ranked them 2nd after finishing 3rd Catholic Lg and 3rd MN.
Nothing against the players at Viator, Linzing and Schmidt and the rest of the roup are talented and have a chance to win at the end.... but dont promote yourself with crap personal agendas and putting down other organizations. GBN and Northbrook Hockey is the premier youth hockey program in Illinois (thats the reason for so many applications for the GBN job)So good luck in the Blackhawk Cup its a great group of players even if some of the parents are assholes
with no clue.... and if you would like to see multiple MN, Blackhawk Cup and assorted other championship banners and trophies just come buy northbrook ill give u a tour. And as for next year Evan will try and take his groups HS and Bantam of overachieving kids and young men and try to win more championships doing it the right way And we can all just sit around and think what could of been......... YOU IDIOT SEE YA NEXT YEAR hope johnny gets some plaing time

Anonymous
(no login)

Hey GBN

No score for this post
March 15 2012, 8:03 AM 

Aren't you out? Leave the boards be and give us a break.

WOW
(no login)

Mouth Full

No score for this post
March 15 2012, 8:08 AM 

Don't blame Viator for the post you commented on. That came from within your organization. Viator has nothing but respect for EP. You obviously have a bad apple somewhere that is a little bitter you didn't go deeper in the playoffs. Your organization needs to give him a break he had a tough year with his health and with that behind him I'm sure GBN will again become a force.

anon
(no login)

Re: Mouth Full

No score for this post
March 15 2012, 8:34 AM 

As I said great kids at Viator great team, a couple of dissatisfied parents from last year I suspect

hd3
(no login)

No score for this post
March 15 2012, 12:30 PM 

....EP did deal with more than his share of adversity...and most programs would have trouble surviving the loss of a top defenseman, a top forward and a solid goaltender for a majority of the year...fact is, though, all 3 were on the ice for the benet game. EP does win and EP does build programs...and EP will win again...but when you're GBN and you fire a coach that has gone to the UC 3 of the previous 5 years, losing to even a good team like benet is a disappointing finish....then again, GBN has also lost in the round of 16 3 of the last 4 years....it is possible, though not in northbrook, to acknowlege both EP and MB as successful coaches...but even EP knows that he will be judged, maybe unfairly, on UC appearances...the one thing i know is, even from a GBN standpoint, nobody wants to hear the sob story

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 15 2012, 6:48 PM 

whoever wrote that long message forgot that viator actually got knocked out in the first round of Kennedy Cup last year, so I don't know how much of that post I can believe after that. Yes EP is a great coach and I'm glad he is building a strong program at GBN and Northbrook, but he also keeps almost everyone of those players in those 2 programs, only one I can think of lately that he let go was Compher who is playing up on the U18 NTDP team and going to Michigan. Viator has 6 kids in the school that play AAA, and have had others in the past. That is the biggest difference in the 2 programs.

anon
(no login)

lmao

No score for this post
March 15 2012, 9:33 PM 

Gee,I'm not the one with issues. All I said was that the new guy took them further than EP. I never said anything negative about EP. In fact, I wouldn't know EP or the new coach if I walked into either one of them.
I just stated a fact. I made an observation. No malice intended.

Before you go having an inquisition, or witch hunt in Northbrook please realize that on a message board like this ANYBODY can make a comment.

Apparently, this game of hockey is too stressfull for some of you parents. Take Harry S. Truman's advice and gracefully recluse yourselves from the CH site until you're able to read simple comments without "reading too much into" them.

Anon
(no login)

No score for this post
March 16 2012, 6:22 AM 

I may have mismanaged a fact by a year or so, and yes we do keep a majority of top players. But to be factual besides Compher arguably the best player in Illinois we had one player playing MM at Falcons, a player in the ECHL and another playing prep school in CT, to mention a few.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 16 2012, 6:23 AM 

"Yes EP is a great coach and I'm glad he is building a strong program at GBN"

To be fair to GBN, they have been a strong program for years. There is not much building required from the new coach.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 16 2012, 6:29 AM 

Coaches are paid to win. GBN got knocked out in their first game of state. That is not what GBN brought him in to do.
Next!

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 16 2012, 3:30 PM 

You had a player in the EJHL, not the ECHL

Anon
(no login)

Winning

No score for this post
March 19 2012, 12:00 PM 

41-18-7 That was the record of the GBN Varsity this year. Undefeated MN reg. seaason Runner up Scholastic Cup. 2 top players lost mare than 70 games to injuries and suspensions. 4-1 vs 2 teams playing for blackhawk cup. 1 loss in single elimination tournament , not the result the kids were looking for. Paid to win, GBN record can stand on its own. By your theory all other top ten teams had a bad year.Melton, DJ all losing coaches I dont think so. NEXT!!!!

< Previous Page 1 2 Next >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement