<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

Brother Rice New Players

March 18 2012 at 5:37 PM
No score for this post
Anonymous  (no login)
from IP address 98.228.232.112

Heard Brother Rice is getting three new triple A players next year. Any truth to that?

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Frozen Four
(no login)

Frozen Four

No score for this post
March 18 2012, 5:48 PM 

Someone on the message board said catholic school do not recruit. Weird...

(no login)

high school hockey

No score for this post
March 18 2012, 5:53 PM 

I think you'll start to see more and more kids join the ranks for high school hockey. The atmosphere is so much more fun than midget hockey. I think kids are starting to realize that. I believe Benet and Fenwick are both getting a couple AAA kids too. These are not recruited kids, they are kids who are already going to those schools (or who were planning on going anyway).

Frozen Four
(no login)

Frozen Four

No score for this post
March 18 2012, 6:03 PM 

Define recruited than....

By High School Hockey standard: A player who is convinced to play high school hockey over higher level of hockey (AAA, Midget).

I would define the statement above as recruited.

Midget is a high level of hockey. Only NTG and 2 or 3 other programs can compete with Midget hockey.

anon
(no login)

nothing to do with it.

No score for this post
March 18 2012, 6:06 PM 

At the midget level, more and more outsiders come into Illinois to get exposure and they push out some of the lower talent that are native.

(no login)

provi

No score for this post
March 18 2012, 6:16 PM 

has 5 players at ahai developement camp

FROZEN FOUR
(no login)

FROZEN FOUR

No score for this post
March 18 2012, 6:21 PM 

Yes, Midget hockey is higher level of hockey. No debate.

Lets move on from this subject.

Yawn
(no login)

Dont mean shit

No score for this post
March 18 2012, 6:36 PM 

AHAI camp is a joke. All the HS and AA coaches bitched about no love and AHAI threw them a bone. AHAI just thanks you Providence kids for your money. None of you are going to Fond du Lac. Hang on to the dream.

Anonymous
(no login)

recruiting or not

No score for this post
June 4 2012, 4:32 PM 

Rice is getting new talent because they have hired new coaches the kids want to play for!

anon
(no login)

Re: recruiting or not

No score for this post
June 4 2012, 7:54 PM 

Who are the new coaches(2012-2013), and what type of players are they getting?

anon
(no login)

Re: Frozen Four

No score for this post
March 18 2012, 7:22 PM 

I was at the Benet / Rita game. 2,500 + fans watching.

I walked next door and saw a AAA Blackhawk Cup game. Moms and Dads.

If you are a superstar I get it. The rest are paying the freight for the others.

If you are a 14 year old what would you rather do?

Kids Hockey Fan
(no login)

HS vs Midget

No score for this post
March 18 2012, 9:08 PM 

High School is where its at, and AHAI and hockey leadership should do all in their power to encourage it.

Instead, they pull their money focused BS. Time for some new blood in the boardroom.

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: HS vs Midget

No score for this post
March 18 2012, 9:23 PM 

if anybody was at the viator game yesterday and would say they would still rathe play midget over high school then you are blind and deaf. They had a great student section that made the place come alive and that it self increases the quality of a game.

anon
(no login)

now for later....

No score for this post
March 18 2012, 9:53 PM 

Your good AAA Midget players will play in juniors in the US or Canada. Those games will have large crowds and in some cases televised games. The better players will move on to play NCAA DI or DIII hockey and get more of the same.

Its a roll of the dice. HS crowds now, or if you're good enough bigger crowds and press coverage later.

I can't fault anyone either way. You only go around once. Enjoy your comfort zone.

anon
(no login)

now for later....

No score for this post
March 18 2012, 9:53 PM 

Your good AAA Midget players will play in juniors in the US or Canada. Those games will have large crowds and in some cases televised games. The better players will move on to play NCAA DI or DIII hockey and get more of the same.

Its a roll of the dice. HS crowds now, or if you're good enough bigger crowds and press coverage later.

I can't fault anyone either way. You only go around once. Enjoy your comfort zone.

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: now for later....

No score for this post
March 19 2012, 8:32 AM 

I dont understand how every triple a parent thinks if you play triple a now you automatically end up playing juniors and then d-1 ncaa hockey. Not everyone makes it

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: now for later....

No score for this post
March 19 2012, 10:59 AM 

fuck bro rice you guys will always suck

anon
(no login)

not a parent, just a troll....

No score for this post
March 19 2012, 1:16 PM 

Didn't say EVERY AAA player makes juniors. I said the good ones will make juniors.

Din't say EVERY junior player makes DI. I said the better juniors will play DI 0r DIII.

No numerical quality was placed on either comment.

Reading Comprehension is a beautiful thing, if you have it.

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: not a parent, just a troll....

No score for this post
March 29 2012, 11:36 AM 

Rice had a descent hockey program a few years ago the athletic director must have realized he had to do something to get some students to attend Rice.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
March 30 2012, 12:27 AM 

For every 15 players on a AAA team only 3 maybe 4 will play somewhere after highschool. Those 3rd and 4th line guys have no point of playing AAA. Highschool hockey is the most fun place to play especially on rivalry week.

anon
(no login)

No score for this post
March 30 2012, 2:51 PM 

I'm thinking about an Illinois AAA MM team from 5 years ago. They had 20 players. As of this past spring they have:

- One player that is a goalie in the WHL and was the 8th round pick of the Blackhawks.
- One player playing NCAA DI hockey
- Four players playing NCAA DIII hockey (2 of which were 3rd or 4th liners)
- Two playing ACHA club hockey
- two still playing juniors

That is 1/2 the team {10 players} still playing past MM, and this is 4 seasons later. Also,this was the 4th ranked Illinois team that year.
Guess you were wrong on both your counts and the 3/4 liners.

Observer
(no login)

No score for this post
March 31 2012, 10:55 AM 

One team. Five years ago. This proves what?

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
July 27 2012, 2:28 PM 

The main point that you completely missed about those ten guys is that they are all wasting their time when they could have possibly gone to a toplevel university and received an education and starting making a contribution to society rather than waste their time chasing a dream that obviously had no chance of happening. Once these guys get cut they'll be lucky to make a top team at Johnny's ice house.

Next

anon
(no login)

Snippy you mean.......

No score for this post
August 6 2012, 5:42 PM 

...... like the University of Wisconsin??? Which according to Forbes Magazine (August 2012) rankings of American Colleges is the #3 ranked Academic College in the State of Wisconsin (147th overall). That would be #3 behind two other Wisconsin schools: #1- Lawrence University (85th overall), and #2- St. Norbert College (113th overall), both which have good NCAA DIII hockey programs.

So going to a DIII school to play hockey doesn't mean a lower level of education.

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Snippy you mean.......

No score for this post
August 6 2012, 7:54 PM 

Lol. I went to st Norbert's and there's no way they can be ranked higher than us Madison heads up w

anon
(no login)

I know......

No score for this post
August 6 2012, 8:21 PM 

Its funny ain't it, but SNC has been ranked higher than UW for several years now. I guess the jokes either on you or Forbes magazine. HAHAHA

Its probably on you.

cool
(no login)

Re: Frozen Four

No score for this post
July 14 2012, 9:13 PM 

cool

Ned Braiden
(no login)

how's it looking?

No score for this post
July 27 2012, 3:56 AM 

on 103rd St?

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: how's it looking?

No score for this post
August 6 2012, 1:24 PM 

"I'm thinking about an Illinois AAA MM team from 5 years ago. They had 20 players. As of this past spring they have:

- One player that is a goalie in the WHL and was the 8th round pick of the Blackhawks.
- One player playing NCAA DI hockey
- Four players playing NCAA DIII hockey (2 of which were 3rd or 4th liners)
- Two playing ACHA club hockey
- two still playing juniors

That is 1/2 the team {10 players} still playing past MM, and this is 4 seasons later. Also,this was the 4th ranked Illinois team that year."
---------------------------------------------
Except for the Draft Choice player, that's about average for a good Chicago AAA Midget team. There are generally 2-3 NHL draftees from Chicago per year. You could go back 10 or 15 years and see roughly the same numbers, although there have been a few exceptional teams with 10 or so Dl players.

The point is, was the experience a benefit for the player, and I mean a life experience, not just hockey. There are several players who gave up hockey to attend military academies, Med School and other endeavors and felt hockey was integral in their development. They continue to chase their dream...and isn't that what life is about???

I feel for some of the naysayers, who seem to be saying they don't have goals or dreams, or perhaps the only dreams that are important are Their Dreams! Be thankful we have choices in Illinois, High Schooland Midget programs...some states aren't so lucky.

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: Brother Rice New Players

No score for this post
August 13 2012, 8:01 PM 

ACCORDING TO POINT STREAK

Largest Winning Margin

Team Margin Game
St. Rita 15 (10/01/11) Br. Rice 0 at St. Rita 15
Benet 14 (01/19/12) Br. Rice 1 at Benet 15
St. Rita 14 (10/13/11) St. Ignatius 0 at St. Rita 14
Fenwick 13 (09/22/11) Fenwick 13 at Br. Rice 0
Benet 12 (12/03/11) Notre Dame 0 at Benet 12
Providence 12 (01/20/12) Br. Rice 0 at Providence Catholic 12
St. Viator 11 (01/03/12) Br. Rice 0 at St. Viator 11
Fenwick 10 (10/22/11) Br. Rice 0 at Fenwick 10
St. Rita 10 (01/21/12) St. Rita 10 at Notre Dame 0
Providence 10 (01/08/12) Notre Dame 0 at Providence Catholic 10

look how many of these wins are over brother rice, i wouldn't expect much, nuff said

Anonymous
(no login)

Bro Rice

No score for this post
August 25 2012, 2:55 PM 

They were offering assistance to help student athletes attend a academic good school and play hockey. Had initial interest from 5 or 6, but the assistance wasn't enough for some, and they decided to play elsewhere. Likely they will be better, but not to the level they hoped for.

shaka kahn
(no login)

what up

No score for this post
September 12 2012, 6:23 PM 

who's looking good out of the REAL catholic teams; rita rice carmel marist...how are the numbers?

Current Topic - Brother Rice New Players
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement