Return to Forum  

Right?

May 13 2012 at 8:38 PM
No score for this post
Logitech  (no login)
from IP address 69.47.184.126

Response to Re: I would agree, except

A couple things on this. There is a big difference between being selected in the Future's draft and actually playing on the USHL. Do a little checking, for many (who were selected in the Future's Draft) the history of ever playing in the USHL is not good. It is not too hard to figure out. More importantly, the claim that this is the first time that these players are evaluated by paid professional paid by the USHL teams.
Maybe. Consider this however, the "scouts" do not have the funds our time to do extensive research. Most of them are assistant coaches, etc. Therefore they depend heavily on what coaches from the respective AAA, HS, etc. organizations have to say (meaning that "daddy coaches" and other such influences come into play "AGAIN.") I have learned over the years in talking with USHL GMs, etc that Illinois AAA hockey is the worst where such references should not be trusted - and when trusted result in bad choices. In the long run, all this "stuff" sorts itself out. I have been part of this for several years. I have learned that if your player is good - they will be found. However, I am in no way slapping or congratulating the "Future Draft" selects -they have really accomplished nothing. Juniors is a very long and hard road - to be blunt "Futures Draft" is really meaningless.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Response TitleAuthorDate
 ?guestMay 14, 2012, 7:41 AM
  NumbersAnonymousMay 14, 2012, 11:42 AM
   Do your own researchLogitechMay 14, 2012, 4:47 PM
    Re: Do your own researchFacts back it upMay 14, 2012, 5:56 PM
     Re: Do your own researchthe missing one -May 14, 2012, 6:01 PM
      Assistant coach ScoutsanonMay 14, 2012, 6:28 PM
       Re: Assistant coach Scouts10 more minutesMay 14, 2012, 7:10 PM
        thanks for the infoguestMay 15, 2012, 8:38 AM
         Re: thanks for the infoAnonymousMay 15, 2012, 2:47 PM
         Re: thanks for the infoAnonymousMay 19, 2012, 2:28 PM
          Re: thanks for the inforeally?May 19, 2012, 9:15 PM
           Lack of researchanonMay 20, 2012, 7:11 AM
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement