<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

Steel with two new players for weekend...questions about Miller?

December 3 2010 at 7:21 AM
No score for this post
Anonymous  (no login)
from IP address

Posted Today, 03:28 AM

Racine's Poinstreak Page

There's nothing for any sort of press release, nor is there anything on Pointstreak's transactions page, I found it checking the Steel's site to see what number Garrett Allen will be wearing (#19, if you're interested).

Racine played seven games in the USHL last year: Two for Lincoln and five for Waterloo, posting a combined 2-2-1 record, with an .867 save percentage and a 4.04 GAA. As has been the custom with all backup Steel goaltenders not named Adam Miller, Racine's number will be 35.

Presumably, the move to acquire this 91 involved a low draft pick, as it's seemingly just to solidify the backup goaltender position. As far as I can tell, his rights were property of Waterloo, who acquired him from Lincoln roughly a year ago, though he only played a few games before being sent to St. Louis of the NAHL. Also makes me wonder if Adam Miller's had a setback in his recovery from his injury.

As long as the Steel didn't have to give up much, I like the move, it at least solidifies the backup goaltender position, until Adam Miller returns, at which point, the Steel's move should be interesting. If I'm Waibel, I send Miller somewhere that he can get starting minutes to prep him for next year (or emergency work should either Racine or Wilson go down) and keep the 91 up.

So the Steel have two new guys for today's game in Cedar Rapids.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement