<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  
Parent 101
(no login)

Dream?

No score for this post
April 21 2011, 5:00 PM 

Why do you care so much about everyone else's hockey dream? Did you have ever have dreams? goals? How far were you willing to work in order to reach those dreams? As long as these player's have a shot at playing college hockey (D1 2 or 3) why shouldn't they keep working hard for it? Because you say so....In the end they will still get thier education as that is also a huge part of the goal. There is no loss there! BTW a large number of junior players don't get thier college commitments until their last year anyway. That is, if they didn't already come into juniors with one, or they are playing for Team USA! Back off! Nothing wrong with dreaming, that is what life is all about setting goals and trying to reach them. It would really be something if all the greatest inventors, professors, scienctist, athletes, and so on (you get my point) stopped dreaming! As Steven Tyler says "Dream on Dream on Dream until your dreams come true!

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
college player
(no login)

Re: Dream?

No score for this post
April 21 2011, 10:50 PM 

My comment might be childish, but honestly what is the hurry to grow up and get a real job and an ordinary life? Seriously everyone on this board is just a clone working for a living to pay bills and put food on the table. A few young men decided take a different path thinking something might happen and will not have to be like everyone else. If it doesn't work oh well at least you can say you tried and big deal you start college at 20 years old. How many kids drop or fail out and come back to finish. According to the Princeton Review "The average american student graduates at 23.6 years old." This board sounds like a bunch of haters that did not pursue their dreams and settled for something else that their probably not happy with.

Anonymous
(no login)

Updates?

No score for this post
May 7 2011, 10:08 AM 

So for most in the NAHL the season has ended, where are all these '90s headed? Colleges. Please update.

Perkins Bethel

Update
(no login)

L E

No score for this post
May 9 2011, 6:07 AM 

L Educate is going to Nichol College in Boston.

Small D3 school...Great School with a awesome hockey program. Great allumni support.
Good fit for him!!

Former NAHL Coach
(no login)

PERKINS

No score for this post
July 26 2011, 8:23 PM 

Perkins is TERRIBLE, always has been, and he is becoming as bad a person as his dad. He won't last at Bethel on or off the ice even though they are a bad D-3 Team. I am sure his LOSER, I mean dad, posted the update.

MIAC WATCHER
(no login)

How did they do

No score for this post
February 28 2012, 1:08 PM 

Look at the MIAC Stats. Instead of having an opinion on what you think is true find out facts. I Didnt know the Perkins Kid but it seems as he had a pretty good season as a freshmen. John Heag and Chris Cass had good seasons as well. It seems all of these players have the skill to play in the MIAC.

Herbert L. Smitts
(no login)

THANKS

No score for this post
February 29 2012, 2:09 PM 

THANKS Jim Perkins Sr. PLEASE GO AWAY!

Lofquist
(no login)

Juniors are the place to go...

No score for this post
July 26 2011, 9:59 AM 

I went through the National Development Camp, and then to Jr's at Guelph in Canada. I just did the Minnesota Wild prospect camp and play in the AHL. Things can happen if you aim for your goal. So you can't go wrong there. Junior hockey is where you develop the best. Especially with so much talent competing for the next level.

(no login)

NAHL placements 2012 version

No score for this post
March 20 2012, 4:19 PM 

Time to list all the '91s who continue to play in NAHL and where they have committed? List is pretty short.

Anonymous
(no login)

from NAHL site

No score for this post
March 20 2012, 4:26 PM 

And he actually left NAHL for USHL.

Michael

Fallon

University of Massachusetts-Lowell (Hockey East, D1)

(no login)

check out Chicago's own aging out Cody Walsh in Youtube video

No score for this post
March 23 2012, 1:47 PM 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wx7XQxAvvjs

Wow says it all!!! watch him load his cheek!!!

anon
(no login)

So.........

No score for this post
March 23 2012, 3:33 PM 

It is actually a good vid. These are NA guys?

Anonymous
(no login)

Re: So.........

No score for this post
March 26 2012, 8:33 AM 

Check back with "Marky Mark" in five years and he will be living the dream of flipping burgers for a living.

Should have put your energy into college.

anon
(no login)

negative

No score for this post
March 30 2012, 8:29 AM 

last time I checked you cant age out going to college.

(no login)

Reading is a skill

No score for this post
April 1 2012, 11:24 AM 

where was aging out of college ever addressed? However,you do age out of juniors

anon
(no login)

So is comprehension

No score for this post
April 1 2012, 2:13 PM 

You can go to College at ANY age. Hence, you can't age out of college.

x
(no login)

Re: So is comprehension

No score for this post
April 2 2012, 8:41 PM 

who are you responding to, nobody is talking about aging out of college. Its aging out of the NAHL! I believe anybody that visits this website knows that you cannot age out of college.

Anonymous
(no login)

ACT LIKE A FCKN PARENT FOR A CHANGE

No score for this post
April 9 2012, 3:37 PM 

Its amazing, why not have your kid do volunteer work or internships that lead to a JOB instead of paying ridiculous fees so they can skate and post pics on Facebook. . Join a club college team. Some parents should NOT BE PARENTS

hd3
(no login)

Re: ACT LIKE A FCKN PARENT FOR A CHANGE

No score for this post
May 4 2012, 11:07 AM 

there has to be some reasonable middle ground on this ridiculous subject....while most main stream parents look at junior hockey parents as quixotic, i dont understand the absolute rage coming from the people criticizing the junior hockey option.....there is no rush to college or the job market....41% of 25 to 29 year olds live with their parents anyway....and that is a documented fact. why not play an extra year or two of hockey before heading to school, regardless of compensation...and as for the suggestion of heading directly to school and playing club, good luck making a D1 club roster out of high school. about 80% of D1 rosters are filled with 20-21 year old freshman who played juniors. the youngest player on ohio's club team was 21 this past year...my kid, for amusement tried out and made 3 different junior teams out of high school, but wanted the "normal" college experience and instead played d1 club hockey. he graduated in 4 years with honors, took about 2 years to grow into club hockey and now would like an extra year of his youth after finding out the job market for 22 year olds is pretty unfriendly...now i personally think aging out in juniors is a little out there....but why would i get nasty about it?

anon?
(no login)

Curious

No score for this post
May 5 2012, 2:52 PM 

In what league did he make 3 junior teams?

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement