<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

Junior hockey in your 20's

September 9 2012 at 8:27 AM
No score for this post
Anonymous  (no login)
from IP address 67.159.56.166

Players,

If you are over 20 and still a medicore at best junior player. Please for the Love of God, get an education and quit spending your parents money on hockey.

Parents,

For f--k sake act like parents!!! If you would rather have your son off in another city instead of home, SEND HIM TO COLLEGE - getting a CAREER PATH. He can play club hockey. Act like a Father/Mother and not an enabler. This new crap of Jr hockey in your 20's, if you haven't developed or been scouted for DI, DIII at this age, tell them its ok, you can still play for fun but son it is time to grow up and get responsible for what will be your CAREER PATH. Dont pawn them off on other people to tell them this, they are taking your money, they wont be honest. BE A PARENT!!!

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
USA
(no login)

Re: Junior hockey in your 20's

No score for this post
September 9 2012, 8:37 AM 

Last time I checked this is America. Why do you care what others do with their money? Also a wake up call college doesn't mean shit and does not "get you a career path" 63% of grads from the last 3 year are unemployed or under employed.

However I've seen many 20 yr olds get D1 offers in the USHL their final year of JRs

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
September 9 2012, 9:13 AM 

VERY good advice for lower tier Jr's. I dont think he was reffering to the USHL. You dont pay to play there.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
September 9 2012, 9:20 AM 

Yeah Joe tool, theres an argument. The unemployment rate is high so dont get educated or learn a trade.

You are the reason America is falling behind in world productivity.

Quit plying hockey and paying 10k for a sport a year and get a job!!!

USA
(no login)

No score for this post
September 9 2012, 9:31 AM 

I never said don't get educated. I clearly said college does not mean shit and I do have a degree. However, a degree really does not mean much if you have no interpersonal skills. At the end of the day there to many people going to college and it's way to easy to earn a degree these days too.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
September 9 2012, 3:09 PM 

Yeah one mom ships her now 20yr old kid to two states in 3 years as a 3rd liner. Mother of the year award!! (Shaking head)

anon
(no login)

5 points to consider

No score for this post
September 9 2012, 4:03 PM 

- Your subject title is erroneous. One can't play juniors past the age of 20. So they can't play Juniors "in" their 20's.

- Kids have always played Juniors thru their 20th year and then gone on to college or on with their lives. Nothing new there.

- Playing Juniors they are pumping $$ into the economy of a small town. What is your arse doing for the US economy?

- What qualifies you or compels you to tell people how to live their lives or spend their money? Are you a control freak?

-Don't worry if all else fails their plan is to take advantage of Obama's entitlement programs. YES THEY CAN !!!!!!!!

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
September 9 2012, 4:18 PM 

In theory, had Vermont pushed his scholarship back a year, Tim Thomas would have been 20 in juniors.

Yes, paying $10k a year to be a role player in Tier 3 is a bit of a waste of parents' money, but if they have no problem doing it, if it keeps the kid happy, what's the harm, really?

Let's say that the kid isn't the brightest bulb, and is only headed to a trade school as it is. What's it matter if he's 18 or 20 when he spends his four and a half months learning HVAC or carpentry?

People are free to make the decisions they want. I mean, if some kid's parents are making six figures or better, odds are they won't be hurting too bad by paying for their kid to have his last year of "glory". If the parents are having to scrape the money together, odds are the kid's already had the talk, maybe goes to a USHL tryout camp, and then goes to a community college or trade school.

The age and overager limits exist for a reason. And, personally, I feel they do the job just fine.

However, there's plenty of people who have this odd urge to have totalitarian control of everyone's lives. Those beacons of humanity like Kim Jong-Il and Josef Stalin.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
September 9 2012, 4:28 PM 

Yes technically you can play when you are 20 but that is just ridiculous to play a 2nd or 3rd line tier III jr at that age. Its not even the 10k of wasted money, although it would be better served somewhere else, its the lesson you are teaching your son. I would seriously take the parents aside and ask them why they allow him to keep putting off real life. Thats if the parents really care or have an interest in their son, which would be questionable if that was going on.

Anonymous
(no login)

No score for this post
September 10 2012, 2:45 PM 

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement