<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

Notre Dame's choice at ground breaking

September 13 2010 at 7:19 AM
No score for this post
guest  (no login)
from IP address 76.224.19.45

Billy Maday represented the team at the podium at the official ground breaking

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
(no login)

Notre Dame's Sheahan says "nonsense is out of our system"

No score for this post
September 14 2010, 8:33 PM 

Riley Sheahan, C - Notre Dame Fighting Irish (CCHA)
South Bend was a bummer this summer and not just because the Fighting Irish lost Jarred Tinordi to the London Knights. The program was in the headlines for all the wrong reasons, including a drinking party that netted nine hockey players in police custody. Earlier in the summer, Sheahan had his own dalliance with the cops and alcohol, but he’s ready to ice any concerns over his future.

“We got all that nonsense out of our system,” Sheahan said. “We’re ready to get the season underway.”

And it will be an interesting one. The Irish lost a lot of senior players over the summer and have a pretty nice recruiting class coming in, including United States League standouts Anders Lee and Steve Summerhays. Known as a stifling defensive squad, the Irish helped hone Sheahan’s responsible side on the ice, but now he wants numbers.

“I’m looking forward to proving the offensive side of my game,” he said. “I’m going to take that responsibility.”

As a first round pick of the Detroit Red Wings, it should be no surprise Sheahan is a multi-dimensional player and with his frame (6-foot-2, 202 pounds already), he’ll be a tough assignment at the next level.

“My size I use as an asset and I have good puck protection down low,” Sheahan said. “I feel safe playing in all three zones and I take pride in being responsible.”

That’s great news for fans in South Bend. Drafted 21st overall by Detroit in 2010

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Current Topic - Notre Dame's choice at ground breaking
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement