<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  

Robert Ol. Ragland 7-3-31 to 4-19-12

June 15 2014 at 1:59 PM

Auntie Dobe R Mann  (Login AuntieDobeRManntoo)
Owner

This is my tribute to Robert Ragland, the composer of the theme from "The Daring Dobermans". I wrote this right after his death, and recently found it in my archives, so I'm printing it for you all...I will publish it in DoberToons next loading session.
Mr. Ragland was a prolific composer, with a huge list of films to his credit. Oddly enough, the very popular "Amazing Dobermans" is not mentioned in the two bios I read. Wow! The love song from that film is BEAUTIFUL! But so is Paul Anka's "The times of our life"....Back to the theme song...as you listen to it on the DoberToons.com page, you can picture the Dobes as they run in time to the music. It is that way in the movie too....Off they went, money bags aƟfloppin as they loped along! Beautiful! By the way, the music is heard from Internet Explorer, others will not play it. Why_ Dunno....ask a computer whiy!

When I decided to try and locate thus contact him,it seemed impossible. But perserverence paid off and I finally found his information and called him. Imagine my thrill when he answered the phone! I told him about my cartoons what I'd like to do with them,It was not for any material gain and the theme song and what were my chances?? He thought a bit then laughed and said he couldn't remember how it went...I said ok, and sang it to him. Imagine Auntie singing to the COMPOSER of a movie theme! He laughed and said: "Sure you can use it, but I want a cartoon!" So I sent him a book of DoberToons!. His fiance told me he loved DoberToons, which made me very very happy.You can google him for more information, his bio is very imprssive. He wrote a lot of movie music, and we will always thank him for the honor of his artistry. Not so with the song from the Doberman Gang. They wanted hundreds to use it...and rather than let it be used, would rather let it fade into oblivion than be remembered on the internet. But the composer of the music of The Doberman Gang and the Amazing Dobermans is a big name composer, and that was that. Mr. Ragland was so generous and I will always thank him.
The search for someone to record that music was unreal...I finally found Devian Zikra in Indionesia, who did our midi files...He has several CDs out and is a superb jazz musician. Check out his site...
But from mz heart I will always give thanks to the generosity of Robert Raglan as his music goes on and on in DoberToons! Enjoy! Auntie

This message has been edited by AuntieDobeRManntoo on Jun 15, 2014 2:04 PM

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>  
Find more forums on Doberman PinscherCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement