Anti aliasing

by Lisztfr (no login)

It looks all ugly but the guy whom i posted the other fonts from, Bobby K (Krusty), his fonts look pretty nice, even on my 2 color display ! i guess he corrected them on a pixel basis, - at least it shows to me that it is possible. I will have to do the same... He did it for Arial, which is close to Helvetica. Or i could print his Arial out, as beginning

L

Posted on Jul 26, 2008, 3:14 PM

Respond to this message   

Return to Index

Response TitleAuthor and Date
Not sure how to do that...TheBOB on Jul 26
 Another toolLisztfr on Jul 26
  They aren't more precise than yours...TheBOB on Jul 26
   One other possibility...TheBOB on Jul 26
  * Is there an English version? Me and Bob been out of France for a while!Clippy on Jul 26
   lol - that's German...TheBOB on Jul 26
    *Hmmmm. I was wondering if it was. Never been there either!Clippy on Jul 26
    RLELisztfr on Jul 27
     sorry, here is the link (RLE)Lisztfr on Jul 27
      MIT?Anonymous on Jul 27
       *Thanks, guys. Interesting stuff.TheBOB on Jul 27
        * How to print quotation marks ?Lisztfr on Jul 30
         * PRINT CHR$(34);"<---- This is a quotation mark"qbguy on Jul 30
          Fine, luckilyLisztfr on Jul 30
           Now it's time to frame the bitmapLisztfr on Jul 31
            Sounds like it's coming along...TheBOB on Jul 31
             Ok, now building the arrayLisztfr on Jul 31
              *lol@horse-power -- good luck!TheBOB on Jul 31
               Get - illegal function call ...:(Lisztfr on Aug 1
                I had to increase the array ?!Lisztfr on Aug 1
                 Having troubles here ...with PUTAnonymous on Aug 1
                  Did you use GET or BLOAD to establish the Array data?Clippy on Aug 1
                  I'm following the tutorial, section font and printing routinesLisztfr on Aug 1
                  To begin with, 10 integers are not enough to hold a 26x28 pixel character...TheBOB on Aug 1
                   About the first two elements in the array...TheBOB on Aug 1
                    I got confused about the height value or the array indexClippy on Aug 1
                     *Exactly ;-)TheBOB on Aug 1
                    Still in big troubles...Lisztfr on Aug 2
                     I checked that the array is nicely populatedLisztfr on Aug 2
                      * x1% and x2% both stay at -1...Lisztfr on Aug 2
                       * Ok i had to replace the color statement of course :)Lisztfr on Aug 2
                        It doesn't work in your situation...TheBOB on Aug 2
                         Well i printed somethingLisztfr on Aug 2
                          abcLisztfr on Aug 2
                           Vertical / HorizontalLisztfr on Aug 2
                            About the printing routine...TheBOB on Aug 2
                             Oh, and about the space giving an error...TheBOB on Aug 2
                              * I'm doing this script until this morning lol !Lisztfr on Aug 2
                               * DONELisztfr on Aug 2
                                Mazel tov! A quick note about asterisks in your post...TheBOB on Aug 2
                                 Mazel tov ?Lisztfr on Aug 2
                                  Now it makes sense...TheBOB on Aug 2
                                   My printing routine doesn't work :(Lisztfr on Aug 3
                                    Why not just use all 224 of the indexes over 31?Clippy on Aug 3
                                     Yes i thought about case...Lisztfr on Aug 3
                                      That's OK, just load another bitmap LOLClippy on Aug 3
                                    Don't your accented letters follow tilde? ...TheBOB on Aug 3
                                     That 's close to what i mentLisztfr on Aug 3
                                      ELSEIF's do work that way...TheBOB on Aug 3
                                       Weird ASCii stuffl on Aug 4
                                        bah !Lisztfr on Aug 4
                                         Now it's working thanks to you all :)Lisztfr on Aug 4
                                          Yeah, I don't know how great they would look at 42%Clippy on Aug 4
                                          I think we discussed that...TheBOB on Aug 4
                                          Small images get corrupted when squeezedLisztfr on Aug 4
                                          We discussed that and i tried itLisztfr on Aug 4
                                          *Yes, squashing can ruin images, especially monochrome -- anyway, congratulations :-)TheBOB on Aug 4
                                          Well, Screen 2 is not exactly flattering for any fontClippy on Aug 4
                                          I'm a progressive thinker and that is why I don't do graphics.Pete on Aug 8
                                          * Apparently your XP shares your lack of enthusiasm for Screen 12 too.Clippy on Aug 8
                                          Top-ten reasons for using graphics mode...TheBOB on Aug 8
                                          ROFL... but you are wrong about reason #1...Pete on Aug 8
                                          *Point taken -- and I didn't even have to lie down ;-)TheBOB on Aug 9
                     There are a couple of errors...TheBOB on Aug 2
                      *Corrections doneLisztfr on Aug 2
                   Correction...TheBOB on Aug 1
                    Ok thanks for helpingLisztfr on Aug 1
                     Actually...TheBOB on Aug 1
                      PrintX forwarding ...?Lisztfr on Aug 9
                       Indexing GETsClippy on Aug 9
                       Clippy pretty much said it...TheBOB on Aug 9
                        PUT questionLisztfr on Aug 20
                         That's what it means...TheBOB on Aug 20
                          trying to save the arrayLisztfr on Aug 21
                           i should have better read the bsave demoAnonymous on Aug 21
                            It's still not working...Lisztfr on Aug 21
                             Yes, you have to be careful to save the right number of bytes...TheBOB on Aug 21
                              It might be no where ??? :)Lisztfr on Aug 21
                               hummLisztfr on Aug 21
                                There are ways to reduce the size of the array during the re-GET...TheBOB on Aug 21
                                 thanks !Lisztfr on Aug 21
                                  *You're welcome -- lol -- we're all capable of "such mistakes". It's called being human.TheBOB on Aug 21
                                  Lisztfr you might consider starting a new thread soonClippy on Aug 21
                         Demo of PUT argumentsClippy on Aug 20
                          *Hey, neat little demo!TheBOB on Aug 20
                           * OR performs a sort of addition imhoAnonymous on Aug 21
        Did you notice they have a huffman algotithm ?Lisztfr on Aug 2
         Yes, there are a number of compression algorithms, I created one myself...TheBOB on Aug 2

Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement