Return to Index  

Shyeah, right (txt)

October 30 2004 at 3:31 AM
No score for this post
Noose  (no login)
from IP address 220.240.223.214

Response to Already been there and done that.. didn't like it.. (nt)

Mate I've nearly got the entire history of MMRPGs in CD's gathering dust right next to me here. I'm getting sick of paying what is most of the time a stand-alone game price PLUS another 20ish bucks a month for something that is quite often fun for only the first month or two.

/endsook

And besides (/prickmode on) the last time I was talked into playing an mmrpg by you, I believe I saw you once in game and then you disappeared for 3 months :P (/prickmode off).

Eve cost me nothing for almost a month (cos I kept opening free trial accounts, hehe) and when I got my trial toon well set up, it only cost 30 for another month, then it's just back to the old 20 a month from then on. Nice and cheap, and it's a big enough game (huge free x-pac due within the next month to) that if I get bored doing one thing I can go try another. It's not monotonous hack n slash to get to level X.

EQ has a bad stigma attached to it for me too, and whats more is there's no PvP... so it's like CoH without the undies on the outside. It gets boring quick without an end-goal or other things to do besides fighting skeletons forever.

The reason I wanted to look at Guild Wars is because there will be no monthly fee. It's not an MMRPG in that sense, it's like Diablo. And it feels and plays a little like diablo as well, which could be why you guys were disappointed with it.

BTW, once the downloading of the zones and areas is done there's no delays in gameplay..but you guys seemed to give up on it before then :P

So there's my reasons for trying these other games out. I basicly want SC back in one game too, but we keep swapping so much and leaving one or more of us behind I don't think we'll ever get back to the good old days again. :(

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
Responses

1. Hmm (txt) - AvalanchE on Oct 30, 2004, 10:51 AM
    1. Ava !! (txt) - Noose on Oct 30, 2004, 1:34 PM

2. Gotta love prickmode (nt) - Bioni on Oct 30, 2004, 12:03 PM
    1. oops the above had text.. READ IT!! ARGHH! - Bioni on Oct 30, 2004, 12:10 PM
    2. Coulda been worse, I coulda used /pissedprickmode (txt) - Noose on Oct 30, 2004, 1:37 PM

Find more forums on Starwars GalaxiesCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement