Return to Index  

Southern Cross - A NEW HOPE - Episode 2

November 13 2004 at 5:24 AM
No score for this post

Leo Armstrong  (Login leoarmstrong)
from IP address

Hi Folks,

Southern Cross has been and obviously still is a great Player Association over the past 5 years. However for anything to grow it has to change and the time for that change is well and trully apon us.

As Leader of Southern Cross I am realy happy about the way we have been able to jump from game to game over the past years and still want to stick together.

However in todays climate we are spread to far and wide. I myself am the only SC member playing SWG yet Southern Cross does have 152 people listed on its guild hall in SWG. They just dont come to this board because of the in game mail and tell system which caters to all our needs. On top of that obviously people have left that game and moved on but are still listed on the pa hall roster. I would say there are still 20 - 40 SC active members still there.

In CoH and EQ2 and WoW we have many members asking "who is this Tyrant and why is he posting on our Board" to which I say because Im a Tyrant and therefore can post where I like.

Anyway the purpose of this post is to talk about the new direction I will be taking Southern Cross in. I simply have no way of making websites for each game and know what to put in them let alone try and keep them updated. We need a way to pool all the members we have in all these games and take them to one spot apart from this board that can give them information on where we are and what we are doing both in current games and future games.

By doing that Southern Cross will continue it's growth for many years to come.

The main hurdle to achieve this in the past has been the fact that I paid for our URL as well as 200meg of online storage for the pa to use but couldnt afford to risk giving out the password for that space because should there be any falling out the damage done to the site would not be worth the risk. On top of that people could upload stuff on my space that I didnt know about and could end up getting the site pulled off the web and maybe get me into legal problems which was also not worth the risk.

However we now have an option that allows us to expand Southern Cross with little risk of damage to anything.

Im sure some of you would have already heard of but I have been playing around with it for the last few hours and found it very simple to use. This gives me the ability to give leaders of Southern Cross in all games the admin rights to that site so they can make changes and add news and anything else they like.

Click the link below and take a look at it. Have a vote while your there.

Try out the various links also. I can add more stuff to the site if I pay the 30 bucks for 6 months which wont be a problem but I need to know you want to make the move first. Either way I need the board moderaters for these boards to become members on that site so I can give you admin and you can start playing around with how it works and you can see what you can do with it. It's realy easy.

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   

1. Brilliant Leo ... I think we should move to this new site and help you (txt) - BigMan on Nov 13, 2004, 7:27 AM
  3. Hi Leo... - britan (txt) on Nov 13, 2004, 7:28 AM
    1. Britan, Get your arse into EQ! (nt) - Bioni on Nov 13, 2004, 7:52 AM
      1. Hi, Ive got it installed but cant spend much time for next day or two... cya in there soon - britan (nt) on Nov 13, 2004, 12:03 PM
  4. Thanks for remind me, Big L. Happy Birthday SC for 11/11 (txt) - Noose on Nov 13, 2004, 8:20 AM
  6. Great Idea Leo (nt) - Holy on Nov 13, 2004, 10:50 AM
  8. few suggestions (txt) - Holy on Nov 13, 2004, 1:03 PM
    1. Cant do much... - Leo Armstrong on Nov 13, 2004, 7:27 PM
  9. I like it [nt] - Reor on Nov 15, 2004, 3:38 AM
Find more forums on Starwars GalaxiesCreate your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2018 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement