Return to Index  

Befehls Panther 152, Ligneuville, Belgium, December 1944

December 7 2010 at 6:11 PM

Sam Dwyer  (Login samd)
Owner
from IP address 120.147.108.15

Hello all,

Firstly, sorry for the extended hiatus from all the Schwerpunkt Team.

I'd like to share my current in progress work - Befehls Panther 152, a 1st SS vehicle that was KO'd at Ligneuville, Belgium during the Battle of the Bulge. Im depicting it before it met an untimely end.

This vehicle is an interesting one, being not only a Befehls, but one that has zimmerit on the turret, but not the hull. There are a few others like this about - Anthony Sheedy is also working 202, further down this page, tho' 202 isn't a befehls.

There are quite a few shots of this vehicle:

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

So, to the model. Its no secret that I LOVE the DML smart Panther G kits. They truly are funtastic. I've been convinced by others (Sheeds) that one doesnt need a mountain of aftermarket to get a great looking model.
With that in mind, I set about building the kit as close to OOTB as possible, so no chains, no etch other than what came in the kit, and only going so far as to thin or drill out certain kit parts.

For example, here is the kit's 20t jack - crank handle drilled out, and carry handle opened up with a sharp new #11 blade.
[linked image]

DML did a great job on the tools, and I think that all you really need to do is thin the latches out:
[linked image]

[linked image]

This is where its at now, basically ready for primer and paint:

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Im sure that as soon as the primer goes down i'll find some areas that need attention! I also think that I need to work on the tow cables some more, theyre just placed on at present, I want them to sit a little 'heavier' than they do now.

SO, thanks for looking

Sam Dwyer

www.schwerpunkt.com.au

This message has been edited by samd from IP address 120.147.108.15 on Dec 11, 2010 5:37 AM

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement