Return to Index  

Ref Pics

April 17 2011 at 1:43 PM

Jim Blackwell  (Login jim_blackwell)
schwerpunkt moderators
from IP address 121.217.219.154

Response to Looking Good

Hi Rob - I'll base it on the well known shot of the one from SS.Pz.AA.1 from 1.SS crossing rail lines in the Ukraine Mid 43 and accompaying colour artwork from the Old Squad-Sig "SS Armor" softcover showing a grey base coat with yellow disruptive overspray:

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

While the tarp isn't a match, nor the closed visors its perhaps one of the few shots I can use the Sovereign kit for matching most other obvious features. There are no shots to date of the RHS of this vehicle which is handy so the kits moulded-on rear fender bin and my new front one can't be disproven (well, yet anyway...).

Steve Ballantyne has been very helpful throughout the build and from his strength reports incl. chassis no.s from mid 43, "LAH" appear to have had two 247Bs on hand. So perhaps this other one seen with Kurt Meyer onboard the previous year near Stalino is that second one (rather than mine from the other side)? The memorial name just visible is to crewman "Erich Petersilie" (one of 7 driver's Meyer had die alongside him during the war...a job not too many were keen for I'm guessing...). This shot of it also gave me the idea for the MG mount on the roof top;

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement