Return to Index  

Another panther

April 19 2011 at 10:41 AM

Sam Dwyer  (Login samd)
Owner
from IP address 168.140.181.4

HI all,

having really enjoyed building my last panther relatively OOTB, I thought it time to really pull out the stops and detail one up with as much aftermarket as humanly possible.. afterall, whats the point of having it and not using it?

This one is going to be a late war last steel wheel IR panther - well fitted for, but not with, IR. So it will have the IR box, but no IR mounted on the cupola etc.

Here's where I am so far. Not a whole lot done really (and please excuse the model bench shots). DML LSW kit, with friul tracks, MA Mori sprocket, and MA Mori IR bin on the hull rear.

So far i've fixed the forward hull armor thickness, by adding 10 thou evergreen to the hull roof in front of the driver's hatch plate. On the real thing, this armour was 10mm thicker. I've also reworked the hull interlocks slightly, as well as adding slight texture to the hull armor. The dark grey parts on the hull top are parts from Accurate Armour's ecxellent Panther G upgrade.

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

More to come, i'll be blogging this exclusively on Schwerpunkt, so please check back in from time to time for updates.

Thanks

Sam Dwyer

www.schwerpunkt.com.au

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement