Return to Index  

Some progress

April 20 2011 at 9:43 PM

Sam Dwyer  (Login samd)
Owner
from IP address 120.147.108.15

Response to Another panther

.. and better photos.

Here's a close up of the MA Mori sprocket. This is a great piece of casting, its 3 parts, front, back and centre hub cap on the front. Note the cast number.

[linked image]

Here you can see i've beefed up the hull interlocks, and added thickness to the armor section in front of the drivers' hatch plate. This thicker armor is shown in drawings in Panzer Tracts 5-3, but isnt mentioned anywhere in the text (not that i can find).

[linked image]

Here it is in side view, as you can see, its a slight difference, but it makes a difference having it there.

[linked image]

And here's a shot of a Panther in the town square of Grandnemil in Belgium (sorry if i've spelt that incorrectly!)

[linked image]

Close up of the glacis:
[linked image]

[linked image]

Accurate Armours' Panther upgrade parts. Very nicely cast
[linked image]

Moving onto the hull rear, ive added some details, exhausts, tow pintle, with pin and associated chain and retaining split pin. Also added welds here and there.
[linked image]

[linked image]

Close up of the tow pintle and welds etc

[linked image]

I was going to use the TMD flammvernichter exhausts, but they seemed to be castings of the kit parts, so why bother? I did use their mounting brackets, as they are slightly thinner than the kit parts. I added a weld to the exhaust bodies.
[linked image]

And thats where Im up to for now.

Sam

www.schwerpunkt.com.au

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement