Return to Index  

Another update

April 22 2011 at 5:13 PM

Sam Dwyer  (Login samd)
Owner
from IP address 168.140.181.4

Response to Another panther

Its the Easter long weekend here, so i've had a chance to work on the Panther some more.

Ball MG mount in. Still unsure about using a brass MG barrel, or the kit part. Suggestions?

[linked image]

More work on the engine deck. Added welds around all the lifting eyes, wingnuts to the louvres (though i've lost one already, going by these shots), bolts added to the crew heater (again, lost one already!). Thinned out the antenna mount base as well, the flat part that sits under the rubber boot. Added also the retaining rod around the top of the right hand (low) circular fan. This was done by wrapping fine copper wire around some very fine styrene rod, then gluing it to the mesh. 4 sections of weld was then added to tie this all together. Accurate Armor tow cable brackets were added to the rear deck too. The star antenna pot is a Tasca item. drain holes were drilled in this part, and I added a weld around its base.

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Thats all for now. Hopefully being a long weekend here, i'll be able to get a heap done.

Sam

www.schwerpunkt.com.au

This message has been edited by samd from IP address 168.140.181.4 on Apr 22, 2011 5:17 PM

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement