Return to Index  

Sturmtiger Prototype Progress

May 2 2011 at 1:03 PM

Jim Blackwell  (Login jim_blackwell)
schwerpunkt moderators
from IP address 124.149.63.212

As another side project on the simmer I've also cobbled up the prototype Sturmtiger said to have seen action in Warsaw during the uprising in August 44. There has been some speculation that it latter turned into the Kubinka one with Steel wheels added. But I'm really starting to think they were separate vehicles now as so many other changes are evident - gun rifling and venturi holes etc. Perhaps Kubinka's was the second one done?

Anyway I used Tamiya's Early Tiger as the donor lower hull for the early rubber wheels and engine deck, AFV Club's Sturmtiger Upper and a spare Tamiya Gun & Mantlet to back date to the early type. The most obvious changes are the wheels, the wider squarer mantlet, the 36 groove rifling and 20 hole venturi, flat glacis plate around the Gunner's Sight aperture, & Feifel Gear. Am on the home stretch now just need to finish the rear plate;

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Heres a link to the rest of the construction pics;

http://s854.photobucket.com/albums/ab104/jim_blackwell/Model%20Pics/Sturmtiger%20Prototype%20in%20Warsaw%20Aug%201944/?start=all

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement