Return to Index  

Jagdtiger Befehls of 512 Abt. CO Walter Scherf - Part 1

August 16 2011 at 11:18 AM

Jim Blackwell  (Login jim_blackwell)
schwerpunkt moderators
from IP address 121.212.129.21

Heres the initial progress on mine. I've chosen to depict a bit of an unconfirmed speculator to give me some aristic license - namely the possible mount of the overall Battalion CO Walter Scherf of s.Pz.Jg.Abt.512 in Unna April '45. No photo exists (yet) to my knowledge so I can just use others in the unit as a guide for features, camo & stowage options, as well as incorporate a few touches of my own;
[linked image]

I'd actually sketched a small dio idea for this vehicle a few years ago so will be good to finally make it happen;
[linked image]

[linked image]

Prior to deciding to choose Scherf's for this group build I was initially thinking a 1.Kp. vehicle "X1", "X2" or "X8" of 512 in Iserlohn and had even started the companion truck as it happened a week before we started but realised it would take me 6 months or more to do all the figures so came to my senses early and swapped for something more achievable in the short time we have;
[linked image]

I've thrown a partial through-the-hatch interior in for the R/O and will do the same in the F/C through the back doors;
[linked image]

[linked image]

Kit tracks, RB Barrel and swapped out the mid production kit engine hatch with the molded on AA MG base plate for a later DML one without it to allow the later position of off the hatch to be depicted;
[linked image]

Slaters 1.5mm casting number added to the mantlet to hint at the theorectical Fgst. no. making it vehicle 67 out of the 87?odd made;
[linked image]

Nicely pre-done rifling cut into the RB offering;
[linked image]

Old resin copies of the now long gone Cornerstone tranny and radios used with some styrene rod and sheet to fill in the gaps;
[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Again a through the hatch quality hatch pivot arm and ballmount MG setup;
[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Drilled in the missing gun platform/lower hull attachement point rod holes;
[linked image]

And the 6 upper hull ones;
[linked image]

Plus tweaked the rear plate;
[linked image]

Next update will be the Fighting Compartment interior...

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement