Return to Index  

Jagdtiger Befehls of 512 Abt. CO Walter Scherf - Part 2

August 17 2011 at 9:16 PM

Jim Blackwell  (Login jim_blackwell)
schwerpunkt moderators
from IP address 121.212.129.21

Response to Jagdtiger Befehls of 512 Abt. CO Walter Scherf - Part 1

Cracked on a bit with the fighting compartment interior over the last 24 hours starting with the missing rear firewall. While it won't be seen directly at all in this model as I'm really only doing a "through the rear hatches" slap-up 80% interior, it is still worth adding even un-detailed simply to block out any unwanted light from the engine grills into the hull and vice versa:
[linked image]
(specs are in mm for the imperial amongst you wanting to make one)

Next I gave the gun cradle a bit of a polish with some strip and boltheads along with adding the oddly missing Gunner's seat mount and traverse & elevation hand wheels;
[linked image]
Also added the CO's seat on the RHS;
[linked image]

Under the breech added the missing gun elevation gears made from a few bits of styrene tube, a section cut off a super glue lid (orange), and a quadrant cut out of an old plastic spur gear found in the parts box (blue);
[linked image]

Next the inner mantlet bag was added from a dirty big dollop of Tamiya putty worked to shape and a bit of strip and rod with a couple of gasmasks stowed on the wall;
[linked image]

Then knocked up the inner half of the Nahverteidingungswaffe close defence bomb chucker from some rod and strip capped off with a Grandt Line lifting eye;
[linked image]

Added the scalloped roof joint plates;
[linked image]

Then scratched up the weird little breech securing travel lock which dropped onto the floor when not in use from some styrne rod and strip, and also added the base plates of the separate 128mm shell cases stowed under the cruciform from a few Punch & Die discs;
[linked image]

Which when mated to the gun, looks a little like this;
[linked image]

Then turned my attention to the FC sidewalls courtesy of my friends at Evergreen - RHS (though still to add the CO's Befehls radio sets somewhere at this stage);
[linked image]

Front;
[linked image]

and LHS with some RB Ammo positioned to help with spacing of the bulkheads;
[linked image]

So am well on the way now - just need to work on the ammo racks and finish the underside of the roof, and the interior should be almost ready to paint, button up, and move on to the exterior...so stay tuned for the next exciting instalment...

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement