Return to Index  

More progress

August 29 2011 at 10:14 AM

Sam Dwyer  (Login samd)
Owner
from IP address 168.140.181.4

Response to X7 - s.Jp.Abt 512

Im at the adding detail stage now, mostly with Abers' etch set for the Tamiya JT.

[linked image]

[linked image]

Tools from MA Mori, clamps from Aber. Deck mesh from Aber too. I wound 2 different guages of wire together to get the effect for the retaining ring on the round vent mesh

[linked image]

I jammed a shovel into the pry bar bracket, shots of X7 show it missing the shovel brackets, and jamming the shovel in here sort of adds a little life to the side of the model

[linked image]

Weld added to the lifting flange on the mantlet, again with Tamiya quick type epoxy putty
[linked image]

More tool brackets and tow cable brackets, again from Aber
[linked image]

[linked image]

Added the travel lock, headlight mount (empty, from Tasca), headlight power cable to the front plate
[linked image]

These late JT's didnt mount the jack or the jack block, but you still see them stowed or carried on the vehicle, ive used the resin MA Mori jack block with Aber's carry handle, and i'll mount it on one of the cable hangers, in this shot its just placed there, as is a fire extinguisher, again MA Mori with Aber handle
[linked image]

Started to add spare track to the sides too.. I have some WW2 Productions KT/JT track thats simply unusable as kit tracks, but can be used as spares.. so I thought. Upon drilling out the tracks to take track pins (Adlers' Nest), the tracks just crumbled apart. Too much talc in the resin perhaps? Anyway, i ruined 10 just to get these 2..
[linked image]

[linked image]

Sam

www.schwerpunkt.com.au

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement