Return to Index  

X1

August 31 2011 at 10:30 PM
Don Campbell  (Login don_c)
schwerpunkt moderators
from IP address 118.209.167.230

I'm building X1, mainly because its quite well documented from the surrender at Iserlohn, and I'd started it anyway before this nonsense started. I'm attempting to do it as far as possible out of the box with scratchbuilt/kitbashed details so I'm using the kit barrel and tracks which are pretty reasonable really anyway. I'll probably use some etch for the tool stowage clamps and a few resin odds and ends here and there but only what I've got lying around. I've textured the armour plate by stippling with liquid poly then sanding to hopefully get that characteristic rolled steel appearance. The large casting which makes up the front of the fighting compartment received the same treatment but was not sanded. I've also ground out the welds as they are not that well defined in the kit to my eyes anyway and I've redone them with milliput. The welds are quite rough on the real vehicle and I used an Xacto blade to texture them. X1 is quite a late vehicle so I should really have used the Carius edition of the kit but it hadn't been released when I started this. I used some spare track hooks from the Tamiya Tiger 2 to get the full complement needed for this build and I used the side skirt brackets from the Model Kasten tracks, which I'll probably also use for the spares.

Anyway here are some pics!

[IMG][linked image][/IMG]

http://www.afvmodeller.com

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement