Return to Index  

Part 4 - Final Construction

September 4 2011 at 11:55 PM

Jim Blackwell  (Login jim_blackwell)
schwerpunkt moderators
from IP address 58.166.97.191

Response to Jagdtiger No.2 "Sunny Boy" from 653 KG Ybbs River Austria 3 May 1945 - Part 1

Forgot to post an update yesterday, so a double header tonight. Got the interior finished off over the last couple of nights and while very rough is now ready for paint which I did today and will be in the following post.

Hopefully much of the corner cutting and rough workmanship will be hidden in the gloom...but things will at least appear semi-accurate and in the right spot through the hatches when its all togther which is all I'm really going for on this one;

[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

Added the fine wire lifting handles to the sides of the air filter boxes as per pic below;
[linked image]

Overall views of the Fighting Compartment as will be viewed through the rear hatches;
[linked image]
[linked image]
With front plate fitted;
[linked image]

Overall shot of components laid out;
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

To explain the cause of the breakdown that this vehicle suffered on the Ybbs river bridge I've added a little visitor having a chomp on some of the wiring - I can personally attest to the damage they do after having one have a nibble under the hood of my work ute leaving me $177.80 out of pocket for his efforts before he succumbed to a big block of rat bait the following night...
2 minute "scuplt" with a ball of blu-tac with a wire shoved into his rear end and volia - Basil the hamster;
[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement