Return to Index  

Part 7 - Exterior Detailling 2

September 12 2011 at 2:32 PM

Jim Blackwell  (Login jim_blackwell)
schwerpunkt moderators
from IP address 203.45.163.128

Response to Jagdtiger No.2 "Sunny Boy" from 653 KG Ybbs River Austria 3 May 1945 - Part 1

As mentioned got a bit done yesterday (Sunday), so on the home straight now and really just need to add the deck MG, the tow cables, the side fenders/front fender ribs and camo net along with a few minor touches before paint. As "Sonny Boy" is largely under cam net it gives a bit of artistic license as to exact stowage, but as its a final production vehicle (I've tentatively "guestimated" it as c.Chassis 85 of the 88-ish made and I've used Kubinka's (#83) as a guide for all the late mods and fittings.

Though am stuck on the purpose of this pair of circled brackets if anyone knows??
[linked image]

Anyway spare track hooks on and started on tool stowage;
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

Royal p-e brass cast no.s next to the off centre pilsen mount;
[linked image]

Tweaked up the travel lock, added a weld bead round the ball mount and tied some wedding veil chicken wire around the barrel;
[linked image]

Engine compartment breather pipes;
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

Late position track changing cable bracket around circular grill;
[linked image]

The kit's rear deck AA MG Post is very simple when compared to the shots of it so ended up scratching a new one. Luckily I also had some good detail shots we took of a private UK collector's Steyr 1500 a few years back which also runs the exact same AA mount on the floor which supplemented the few known wartime shots of it like this one on "Y" of 512;
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

With the spare Fruilis test fitted in mixed order, and the Tamiya fenders blu-tacked on;
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

Lastly a K59 MG-42 with an Andrea white metal ammo belt that needs to be mounted to the pedestal;
[linked image]

So getting there now...

Respond to this message   
Responses

Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement