Return to Index  

Jagdtiger Befehls of 512 Abt. CO Walter Scherf - Part 6 (Final Interior Details)

September 27 2011 at 9:13 PM

Jim Blackwell  (Login jim_blackwell)
schwerpunkt moderators
from IP address 121.216.254.164

Response to Jagdtiger Befehls of 512 Abt. CO Walter Scherf - Part 1

Finished off the interior build with a few tweaks and rearrangements in the Fighting Comp. and also ended up adding a Driver's position. His quite complex seat elevation mechanism is the most obvious feature when looking through the hatches so set about knocking it up from some strip and rod.

To do his sprung seat back (which may be visible looking down from behind if the superstructure roof is left unglued) I made up a quick jig to wind the springs from short lengths of brass rod superglued into a flat piece of off-cut of a resin mould plug cut off something at some point - and while I was at it did a 1/16th one as well for "future projects";
[linked image]

I used a lot of Dave Parker's insane 1/16 TII project pics of his forum as refs for the Driver's possie which saved a lot of time (as did my very rough workmanship and general lack of care!);
[linked image]
[linked image]
Tamiya putty cushions...;
[linked image]
...with obligatory arse groove;
[linked image]

Next up added a steering wheel and foot pedals;
[linked image]
Gave the radios a bit of wiring though realised after looking at Dave's I've done mine up in a Panther configuration using the "Panzer's in Samur" with the Panther's one. So this is not a TII/or probably a JT layout with the top one at the front...oh well...
[linked image]

Next knocked up the front hull bulkhead /roof brace;
[linked image]

Coming together;
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

Finally all the sub-components laid out prior to paint;
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

And a final interior view;
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

Next step - der farbe...

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement