Return to Index  

Base

November 21 2011 at 3:08 AM
Jon Bailey  (Login JonBailey42)
schwerpunkt moderators
from IP address 175.38.163.67

I cant compete with Jamess wacky E-USA but I thought Id have a shot at a quick base over the weekend which in fact turned out to be just today.

Having thought about this on Friday I looked around work until I found what I was after, a few framed photos left over from our recent refurbishment so I pinched a couple with the best black frames to use as an instant base.
By luck the MiniArt cobble stone section fitted inside perfectly.

[linked image]

I looked in the back shed and found an open tube of Selleys no more gaps. Good sticky stuff I thought that would definitely stick to glass. I smeared it on all over the picture glass then stuck the cobble section down over the top of it. Next a liberal coating of kitty litter as a base job done I thought. But after leaving it in the sun for a few hours the cobble section had warped a bit stupid thing to do but no damage done.
The really interesting thing was the kitty litter had been so absorbent it obviously placed a dust barrier between it and the sticky gloop so none of it stuck!

[linked image]

So back to good old PVA and water which always works. You can grind the kitty stuff to any consistency you like.

[linked image]

[linked image]

The result was much better and the stuff stuck. Ive given it a blast of rattle can sand and will now proceed to clutter up the base a bit with vegetation.

[linked image]

[linked image]

[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Responses

• I like it - Michael walsh on Nov 26, 2011, 6:03 PM
    • Base II - Jon Bailey on Nov 29, 2011, 12:19 AM

Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement