Return to Index  

Long long ago in a galaxy far away....

August 16 2012 at 12:47 AM

Jim Blackwell  (Login jim_blackwell)
schwerpunkt moderators
from IP address 121.218.188.98

Response to again ,some very nice workmanship

Cheers Mike, but v.scary for me to think it was done 11 years ago now...where the hell did that go? Seems like only yesterday...

But it was a very nice kit even then in its first basic incarnation before it was later "Smart-kitted" then "Premium-Editioned" as DML love to do to get a few more sales bites. So I'll be very interested to see if Tamiya's lifts the bar with its latest offering or is just another "alternative" in the virtual scrum of Elefant kits currently out there now?

But I've also got 2 or 3 more DMLs "half-started" in my stash too built to varying points over the last few years (as is my frustrating MO these days), as well as the new Tamiya one sitting here I'm itching to get into as well. So will see what if anything I can actually get done in the next month or so this time round - certainly no interiors at least, thats for sure! Maybe even get some paint on a couple with any luck if the Gods are smiling wink.gif

Though FWIW for anyone interested in their insides, I tured up this amazing build log for an Elefant interior searching for ref pics the other day by a German chap named Johannes Schneider I think on Planet Armor;

http://www.planetarmor.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4172)

Sadly a few pics have now expired but if you wade through the 49 odd pages theres still more than enough to impress...

Respond to this message   
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement