One of my old DML half-starteds that I've now finished off during the week - this will be done up as '323' the sister vehicle to the old one already posted '322'. Interestingly this one has a white outlined number as opposed to '322' which was solid black? I've annotated a few of the more unusual features;
As can be seen it had high zimmerit up over the top of the pistol port plug line (vs.the lower 1.Kp. ones which were under it), its carrying a weird collection of lighter weight cables - a T-34 Tow Cable, a fine Tiger style Track Changing Cable, and what appears to be a Sherman Tow Cable - perhaps off a Lend-Lease M4A2?? Its obviously got its roof and hull top tarps on, both the main gun and MG bagged up, a C-Hook sitting on the spare links, a strange bracket under the bow MG which I'm only guessing could be one of the ammo rack brackets from the interior?? Theres another odd mystery item nearby which I can also only speculate may have been a jackboot?? Obviously some crunched fender damage and the CO in a rubberised motorcyclist's coat.
Another oddity I noticed too is these odd crescent-shaped hull extension fillets seen on a couple of 3.Kp. vehicles I've found so far - this one '323';
& another un-numbered 3.Kp. vehicle - which while similar are actually slightly different shapes;
So not sure if these were factory or a field mod to maybe act as track or sprocket protectors of some kind?
Anyway work done on the Dragon kit is obviously zimmerit with Tamiya Putty and their photo-etched 0.7 Zimm comb, more Tamiya putty gooped on to bag-up the main gun muzzle (w.some fine wire for the draw string) and puttied ball-mounted MG sleeve too, the odd front fillets added from .40 thou card, Aber p-e fenders with a leadfoil LHS mudguard flap & brass wire hinge, Aber tool clamp handle on the sledgehammer, Nordland resin C-Hook, Karaya Tiger I Track Changing Cable & T-34 ends with some brass picture hanging wire cable, scratched US style cable ends from brass wire and styrene rod - again with picture wire, Friuli spare links but only DS rubber band full tracks as it will be muddied up a fair bit, lead foil sheet roof & hull tarps, a Mori 20t jack with styrene brackets, rear tow pintle chain, an RB 2m aerial, an Italeri tool box, some cut-down Adler's Nest Panther Track pins, a pair of DML figure jackboots drilled open and a couple of shell gouges and spall splatter added with the motor tool;
Next up is the crew...