<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

1/72 Tiger 1 Dragon

April 6 2011 at 4:53 PM
Rob Fraser  (Login TreborResarf)
from IP address 211.30.159.13

Hi All,

A few construction images of my 1/72 Dragon Tiger, to be completed as 123(1) of sPz Abt.503.  Winter 42-43.

Since taking these pics have replaced the side track guards with P/etched from the Voyager Set.

Also used the voyager deck screens as they are the finest in this scale, will use their tool clasps as well.

The casting numbers on the Mantlet and engine deck snorkel cover are from ABER, The turret front  armour plates which sit behind the mantlet were reworked to a correct shape along the top edge which allowed me to add the bolted strip .

The most annoying part of the Kit for me is the commanders cupola as it's joined at the vision slots and is missing the join just below the slits. I marked then drilled out the drain holes with a #97 drill.

I'll replace the jack block with a better detailed item.

I'm not a fan of the DS tracks as they distort, I added the cutouts at the base of the visible guide teeth

Photobucket">

Photobucket">

Photobucket">

Comments and critique welcome.

Rob Fraser

This message has been edited by TreborResarf from IP address 114.76.179.165 on Jul 28, 2011 6:24 PM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

Sam Dwyer
(Login samd)
Owner

Great work

April 14 2011, 10:15 AM 

Hi Trebor,

Fantastic work, its hard to believe this is the 72nd scale DML kit.

Its great to see some Braille Scale work posted here too.

Sam Dwyer

www.schwerpunkt.com.au

Respond to this message   
Rob Fraser
(Login TreborResarf)

Re: Great work

April 15 2011, 4:13 PM 

Hi Mas

Thanks for the kind words, I'm also working on a 1/35 Dragon initial which should be good for a few construction pics shortly.

Regards

Trebor

Respond to this message   

Anthony Sheedy
(Login Sheeds)
schwerpunkt moderators

Re: 1/72 Tiger 1 Dragon

April 16 2011, 1:40 PM 

Excellent job, Robert.

The amount of detail and modification that's there is outstanding,. The down side (if I can call it that) is that one really needs to look closely, as the amount of work doesn't really jump out at you like it does in a 1/35.

Could you post up a stocker, just to see the comparison?

Sheeds

Yes, amateur historians are in the same league as cancer researchers.

Respond to this message   
Rob Fraser
(Login TreborResarf)

1/72 Tiger 1 Dragon

April 17 2011, 8:59 PM 

Hi Anthony

Thanks for the compliment.

Errh Um " One needs to look closely" maybe thats because it's 72nd scale.

I think I get what you mean, e.g. edges of turrets hulls etc given the scale factor should be nearly razor edged, but due to moulding limitations they're not and slightly rolled, which causes things looks a little softer than big scale.

If this isn't what you meant refer to my second paragraph.

C'mon you know I don't do stockers, but I'll try to find one for  comparison.

Rob

This message has been edited by TreborResarf from IP address 121.213.23.194 on Jun 9, 2017 11:23 AM

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement