<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Jagdtiger Group Build by Sept.30!

August 15 2011 at 1:42 PM

Jim Blackwell  (Login jim_blackwell)
schwerpunkt moderators
from IP address 203.45.163.128

As a bit of a motivator amongst a few of us to make us actually "finish" rather than half-start something, we are holding an informal group build of a Henschel Jagdtiger (preferably either of the newish 1/35 Tamiya kits - though a DML one is fine too if you don't have a Tamiya one and even a Porsche one at a pinch). We'll start it today with a Sept.30 finish deadline.

So anyone who has one handy or half started and wants to dust it off and hook in please feel free to get on board post up your progress shots. It can be anything from Out of Box to superdetailed as long as it gets done inside the next month and a half. So whatever level you are comfortable with. No prizes or money - just the satisfaction of getting one of your 400 stockpiled kits done before you die wink.gif

So let the Jagdtigering commence! I'll post my early progress pics up tonight to get the ball rolling...

JB

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Michael walsh
(Login mikewalsh)

new deadline date????

October 2 2011, 5:55 PM 

Hi James,

Are we going to extend the expiry date to a new time ?
Or we finish and display the final result?

Cheers

Respond to this message   

Jim Blackwell
(Login jim_blackwell)
schwerpunkt moderators

Hows end of October sound?

October 3 2011, 12:07 PM 

That should hopefully allow the rest of us running behind a comfortable time frame to finish up?

I'm down to Melbourne for a couple of days this week and off all next weekend to go up to the V8 races at Bathurst so I can see I'll need as much time as I can get losing a big chunk of time like that...

Still its been a good trial run to see what we can and can't do in a month, and hopefully we'll all fine tune it and get into a rhythm where one per a month is do-able consistently - a'la Steve Zaloga. I'll certainly not get as ambitious with multiples and interiors again though wink.gif

For anyone who's done now, the theme for October was going to be "Pz.IV Long Guns" (ie. F2, Gs, Hs, & Js) if you want something to start while the rest of us play catch up??

Respond to this message   

Anthony Sheedy
(Login Sheeds)
schwerpunkt moderators

Re: Hows end of October sound?

October 3 2011, 8:53 PM 

What about extending the DL to the date you set, then start Novembers group hug? Maybe just shelve the panzer IV's due to time constraints?

Sheeds

happy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gifhappy.gif

Respond to this message   

Jim Blackwell
(Login jim_blackwell)
schwerpunkt moderators

Up to you guys?

October 3 2011, 11:48 PM 

Just thought the fast finishers may get a bit bored without a project while we limp to the end?

Respond to this message   
Michael walsh
(Login mikewalsh)

end of October sounds good

October 4 2011, 8:49 PM 

I'll try for the end of October,Its a big sucker to knock over .

Gotta go ,I've a deck mount MG42 to detail

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement