<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

what vehicle is this?

December 23 2011 at 7:26 AM
Jim brown  (Login ihscoutsniper)
from IP address 50.41.133.224

I had posted over in the schwerpunkt but there has been no activity since Oct so i was concerned.So I apologize for the double post.
I am looking for some information. I am sure most of you who build german AFV's have a copy of Tony Greenlands "Panzer Modelling Masterclass". In the second edition at the bottom of page 37 there is a self proppelled vehicle with the 10.5 leFH18 scratch build. I cannot find any other pictures or reference of any kind on this vehicle.Maybe if I knew the exact nomenclature.
It appears to be either a pziv or the pziii/pziv hybrid chassis (as for the hummel, nashorn/hornisse), however unlike the hybrid it is rear engine not mid. I also believe it may be a type of Heuschreke as it appears to be carrying the wheels for the arty piece hanging off the back.
Does anyone have the answer, and any reference photos ,drawings any info on this vehicle?
Anything would be appreciated ,I like to focus on artillery and self proppelled pieces ,especially open topped pieces, so this would be a welcome addition to my collection.

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
James Plush
(Login Thiokol)

Re: What Vehicle is this ?

December 28 2011, 4:07 PM 

Its a 10,5 cm le.FH 18/40/2 L/28 (Sf) auf Waffentr├Ąger Gesch├╝tzwagen III/IV sorry i didnt see your post earlier .

heres a link to an original b/w photo of the vehicle in question .

http://flickriver.com/photos/deckarudo/sets/72157626363124776/

its the second image from the bottom .

cheers Plushy

Respond to this message   
Dean Laughlin
(Login Deano13)

Heres a link.

December 29 2011, 8:04 AM 

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement