<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

Tiger I S32 Build........ First time posting here, it is over on ML also, but....

February 3 2012 at 10:14 AM
RonHJr  (Login RonHJr)
from IP address 24.136.75.145

I should add that this is going to be from Das Reich during Kursk. It's going to represent a new tank at the opening of the battle, so not a lot of wear and tear will be there.

I'm up to needing to add my green camo, but everything is finally done. It's going to be sprayed as you see it though I will be removing the tracks, mains and spare and the front shovel, but all else stays. I was after a pale/cream base. I found that dark yellow is to dark, see tool box and turret vent cover that I chose to paint in different shades to break up the color, which I'm sure will darken once it gets washed/filtered.

Not happy with the exhaust though I'm not going to change it. Learned I should have left it off to sponge paint, though there will be camo on them, so it should be fine. I wanted it to be lighter in color. A NOTE on this; I'm going to be doing the salt tech. and I need to know if I'm in the right place of mind. I take it you put water on the exhaust, or is it glue?? put the salt on, paint, when done, knock the salt off or do I just wash it off??

I see in the pictures I need to add more silver to the tracks. Thought it looked fine, but I see I need more. I wanted the spare track to represent a piece of track that was pulled from a spare used track. looks like this side needs a bit more dirt, maybe a rust wash on it??

[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

Thanks for looking and any comments would be appreciated.

Ron

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Rob Fraser
(Login TreborResarf)

TIGER S32 Cooking lesson

February 3 2012, 11:06 AM 

This message has been edited by TreborResarf from IP address 114.76.179.165 on Sep 10, 2012 6:37 PM

Respond to this message   
Ron Hetherington
(Login RonHJr)

Block is the kit one. The smooth sides were sanded...

February 3 2012, 4:08 PM 

then painted a couple shades of brown, then a wash of brown followed by a wash of dark (both Mig). I was after new looking wood.

Question for my cables. What do NEW cables look like?? I painted mine dark grey, then a light rust wash just to break it up, but what do cables look like. Do they rust?? I would guess they do over usage time, but how much. ........... I hate being picky happy.gif

Respond to this message   
Rob Fraser
(Login TreborResarf)

Re: You picky?

February 3 2012, 9:23 PM 

This message has been edited by TreborResarf from IP address 114.76.179.165 on Sep 10, 2012 6:38 PM

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement