<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  

S32 DONE

February 10 2012 at 5:39 PM
Ron Hetherington  (Login veezerboy)
from IP address 24.136.75.145

[linked image][linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

after these pictures, I fixed the flag, it lays flat on top now.

Had a couple of errors. 1st the camo on picture 5. I had first practiced on an old model and everything went well. Started on the back, OK, moved to the hull side and the gun decided to stop spraying small lines and burped, so I had to make the lines thicker. My second issue came when I placed the salt on the exhaust. Some water was still around under the shield and after the camo was applied, the melted salt ran down the camo. I got stuck on this because I meant to do it before the camo started, but forgot, and when I was going, went crap, forgot the salt and I didn't want to wait another day since I was primed, gun loaded with paint, and ready to go.

Otherwise, though the flash shows stuff!! when viewed, it doesn't look bad, though things could have turned out better.

Base coat is Vallejo Model Pale Sand/Dark Sand 50/50. I was after a pale color that I see in the color photos. Camo is a mix of Tamiya Greens, XF26 7 XF61 3 to 1.5. It is really hard to find a nice green color!! I must have purchased every green and sand/dark yellow for that matter, from all the paint manufactures, but ended back with Tamiya. Everyone is to dark, to olive or to light. I find the Tamiya greens to be the nicest colors that are more appealing to the eyes, at least mine. The same with the yellow. I'm not sure that Panzers were this dark yellow, but more cream colored, but to be fair, I had to look at everyone on the market. Now I have a boat load of paint!!

Two filters of AK Brown and Grey were applied, followed by Mig Dark Wash for pin wash, followed by a dusting of light pigment to remove the glazing.

I really do not know how a bunch of these modelers find the time to build. Even being unemployed, I don't really have the time to put more time and patients into this. But I guess what counts is that I'm happy, somewhat from the above, with how it turned out. Now I need the base............... And, on to the next.......... Oh the joy happy.gif

This message has been edited by veezerboy from IP address 24.136.75.145 on Feb 11, 2012 10:24 AM

Respond to this message   
AuthorReply
Jon Bailey
(Login JonBailey42)
schwerpunkt moderators

clean skin

February 13 2012, 6:27 PM 

Hi Ron,

A nice build but the natural light makes the paint job very hard to see. I understand the goal was a new vehicle without much weathering.

I really appreciate what youre trying to achieve however to me its still far to clean. They look more used straight of the production line. I can see some streaking and the exhausts look well worn but without any effect on the surrounding armour. All simple stuff if you want to bring it to life, otherwise to my taste, just a very competent model.

Ultimately the end finish is your choice and it would look completely different in house lighting.
I really like the way youve restrained yourself from following the cammo pattern around the corner - the front R/H corner is a good example. That takes discipline and is a very real occurrence.

Whats next on your list or are you going to work this one onto a base?

Jon

Respond to this message   

<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Index  
Find more forums on Network54Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2017 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement