after these pictures, I fixed the flag, it lays flat on top now.
Had a couple of errors. 1st the camo on picture 5. I had first practiced on an old model and everything went well. Started on the back, OK, moved to the hull side and the gun decided to stop spraying small lines and burped, so I had to make the lines thicker. My second issue came when I placed the salt on the exhaust. Some water was still around under the shield and after the camo was applied, the melted salt ran down the camo. I got stuck on this because I meant to do it before the camo started, but forgot, and when I was going, went crap, forgot the salt and I didn't want to wait another day since I was primed, gun loaded with paint, and ready to go.
Otherwise, though the flash shows stuff!! when viewed, it doesn't look bad, though things could have turned out better.
Base coat is Vallejo Model Pale Sand/Dark Sand 50/50. I was after a pale color that I see in the color photos. Camo is a mix of Tamiya Greens, XF26 7 XF61 3 to 1.5. It is really hard to find a nice green color!! I must have purchased every green and sand/dark yellow for that matter, from all the paint manufactures, but ended back with Tamiya. Everyone is to dark, to olive or to light. I find the Tamiya greens to be the nicest colors that are more appealing to the eyes, at least mine. The same with the yellow. I'm not sure that Panzers were this dark yellow, but more cream colored, but to be fair, I had to look at everyone on the market. Now I have a boat load of paint!!
Two filters of AK Brown and Grey were applied, followed by Mig Dark Wash for pin wash, followed by a dusting of light pigment to remove the glazing.
I really do not know how a bunch of these modelers find the time to build. Even being unemployed, I don't really have the time to put more time and patients into this. But I guess what counts is that I'm happy, somewhat from the above, with how it turned out. Now I need the base............... And, on to the next.......... Oh the joy