<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

Hand Manglers, errrr, hand removers I mean.

December 16 2009 at 4:02 PM
No score for this post

(Login DrSeiko)
Forum Owner
from IP address 71.105.191.195

[linked image]

The icky #6 on the left is my go to set. These work very well with the plastic sheet trick.
The second one with the turret is for chronos, mostly Lem. 5100 and Vj7750. These are mandatory for these chronos because they really like to pull the pipe
out of the sweep second hand, because the hand is pressed very tightly on the pinon, in order to deal with the forces involved when resetting the chrono.

Last three are really only useful on pockets, timers, or small clocks.

Small subdial hands I will usually use the dial itself to try and remove, this puts the most equal amount of pressure on these delicate hands and works 99% of the time without any issues to hands or dial. BUT it does have to be done very carefully while prying up on the dial and watching what the hand is doing. If you get a hand that is on too tight, you can easily damage the dial or hand if you don't know what to do next.

Cheers,
Randall

Made in the U.S.A.
Tact%20Avitar%201.gif
"Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem"

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login Ancre-Steam)
SeikoHolic

What is the icki #6 and what should I look for? nt

No score for this post
December 16 2009, 6:09 PM 

------------------------------------------

[linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image]

Dr. Seiko
(Login DrSeiko)
Forum Owner

Its a Bergeon brand Pete, there is no other.

No score for this post
December 16 2009, 6:15 PM 

And they are like any other tool. You should start out with what you think is best, and see how it develops, maybe you`ll go to something else, or find something better that you prefer.

http://www.julesborel.com/horological/page199.htm

Cheers,
Randall

Made in the U.S.A.
Tact%20Avitar%201.gif
"Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem"

(Login Ancre-Steam)
SeikoHolic

Thanks Doc...might end up in my Christmas sock ;>) nt

No score for this post
December 16 2009, 7:29 PM 

------------------------------------------

[linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image]

Current Topic - Hand Manglers, errrr, hand removers I mean.
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Original works, creative essays, including posts, pictures, text copy, remain the sole property of the original poster. Anything copied, stored, or used without permission from the management is prohibited. C. DrSeiko.com