<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  

The NEW Sekoholics. Some of the new features we`ll have >

December 21 2009 at 5:13 PM
No score for this post

Dr. Seiko  (Login DrSeiko)
Forum Owner
from IP address 71.105.191.195

I`m going to be rolling out pre registration sometime tomorrow. Right now I want to tell you what members can expect with their account:

Community Features include:

Rich community features make this community a fun, exciting place to be online.

Photo Albums and Slideshows!
Upload and share your photos. Add photos to message board posts. Create photo galleries and slide shows. Add photos to dress up your profile.
This is really cool. No more photo-bucket or other storage places that only frustrate and irritate! You`ll get space to store most if not all your photos, and inserting them into a post is as easy as drag and drop! You`ll also get multiple avatars to switch between, as well as a complete, as complete as you want it, personal page that lets you tell everyone as little or as much about yourself as you want.

WYSIWYG Editor
This is awesome in IE, Iron does have some issues but I don't think allot of you are using iron. Firefox is OK with the latest versions. The text editor is and has EVERYTHING. And its virtually on every page including your personal page.

Chat and Private Messaging
Join the conversation with chat, or send messages directly to your friends with private messaging. Also a complete on the board email system thats easy to use.

Video Embeds
Make it easy to include videos in your message board posts using the rich text editor feature. Hey, if I can do it, anyone can!

Polls
Create polls with numerous options. Select from a number of styles.

Calendar
Admins and moderators can add events and birthdays.

Kudos and Stickies
Give credit where it's due with "Kudos." See or read something you think is cool? Give it a "Kudo" so others can know about it. Find a topic you really want to highlight? As a moderator, you can slap it with a "Sticky" and pin that topic to the top of the list of post threads.

RSS Feeds
With RSS feeds, you can always know what's going on in your communities, even when you're away.

There is much more, but I`m going to be as new as the next guy, happy.gif

At the bottom of the rules on the main page I made the statement that I wanted to make the BEST Japanese watch forum anywhere else on the internet. This simply is not possible with Network 54. Its means building from scratch, but thats the fun part. The reward is that it`ll be so much safer then NW54, and have so many more features then NW54.

I do hope you all join me in this move, and that the NEW Seikoholics makes your internet watch hobby even more rewarding and peaceful and FUN. This WILL be the guiding company motto at the NEW Seikoholics, HAVE FUN!

Above all else, have FUN!

Your host,
Randall

Made in the U.S.A.
Tact%20Avitar%201.gif
"Nemo vir est qui mundum non reddat meliorem"

Scoring disabled. You must be logged in to score posts.Respond to this message   
AuthorReply

(Login Ancre-Steam)
SeikoHolic

I'm all for it with one exception...

No score for this post
December 21 2009, 6:26 PM 

NO FRIGGIN POLLS!

They are nothing but a complete waste of bandwidth. Please disable the function before you start.

------------------------------------------

[linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image]

Dr. Seiko
(Login DrSeiko)
Forum Owner

Ahh. So "your" the guy that did`nt vote in the Weakly, LOL.

No score for this post
December 21 2009, 7:17 PM 

Well, I agree, somewhat, LOL.

Nothing irks me like a big company calling you just to solicit your opinion on this or that, or those on line surveys you run into on Ebay ect. They`ll milk ya for information yet never give you nothing in return. Hey "what" I like, is MY business, far as I`m concerned. Big Bis wants it, they can pay me for it! Yet they never seem to be willing to do that, sad.gif

On the other hand: if you are the one doing, giving the pole, it may be more important to you, and on a community forum, I don`t think it matters much. Besides, if someone is seriously headed for the ditch, I`m sure someone will jump in and help them out, LOL. In the end, we could have a "Stupidist Pole of the Year" contest, LOLOLOL.

I know its a love it or hate it thing. GOOD NEWS is: I`m pretty sure its within your power to completely ignore such posts. I`m pretty sure it is, and ignoring users is also included, so that would work too. Good compromise (?)

See "YOU" THERE! happy.gif

Cheers,
Randall

Made in the U.S.A.
Tact%20Avitar%201.gif

(Login Ancre-Steam)
SeikoHolic

Oh I'll be there alright :>) nt

No score for this post
December 21 2009, 7:26 PM 

[linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image] [linked image]

(Login DrSeiko)
Forum Owner

:>)

No score for this post
December 21 2009, 7:30 PM 

Made in the U.S.A.
Tact%20Avitar%201.gif

(Login east14th)
SeikoHolic

Pete do you have someting against the polls, I liked most I'v met?, lol,

No score for this post
December 21 2009, 8:08 PM 

I know it's a Light bulb changing thing right?/. I can tell you this all my memories of Helen Shselski are delicious.
but the newbi that I am i will just listen and learn But Helen was a Poll I will never forget.I also like Clumkies, there like little stuffed cabbage things
Tell me do the polls have a Watch Co.??

Ok Have Fun Ok
seikozen

Russell Anthany Iadanza

Dr. Seiko
(Login DrSeiko)
Forum Owner

Good laugh!!!!!

No score for this post
December 21 2009, 8:14 PM 

Bout blew my soda all over the keyboard. Brought back memories of all those grammar school jokes I must have heard. LMAO

Randall

Made in the U.S.A.
Tact%20Avitar%201.gif

This message has been edited by DrSeiko from IP address 71.105.191.195 on Dec 21, 2009 8:17 PM

(Login Ancre-Steam)
SeikoHolic

Good one Russell :>)

No score for this post
December 22 2009, 7:59 PM 

I have sever friends who are Poles and I find they are can be harder on themselves than anyone. But they also have a wonderful sense of humour happy.gif

(Login east14th)
SeikoHolic

I grew up w/ a bunch Loved them always Loyal, Tough and Honest,

No score for this post
December 24 2009, 12:36 AM 

just most of there homes were on the Dark side, ??? I think they liked the mood?/ or was it?/ them Light Bulbs???
guess il'l never know, but then again When I was with Helen The darker the better Oh Sweet Youth,,,,

Russell Anthany Iadanza

(Login east14th)
SeikoHolic

Sounds to be full of Fun and the light sidedness of a Hobby that can get very deep,

No score for this post
December 21 2009, 8:32 PM 

in it's beautiful history and I Think the Photo part will give a chance to have folks download? Vast amounts of Watches. I was asking today at the apple store
what could be the possible problem I was having getting pics out of my camera into I-Photo it may have been a easy Fix have not tried it yet, but either
way w/o knowing Squat bypassing Photo Bucket sounds nice and full of possibilities.

Because I never really understood much of the frustration you "Dr," and others have had /w net 54 I can't begin to comment, but if it gives you a sense of more freedom to be more creative That makes me Happy.

As with all things in life once out of our owne limited control it or we have to depend on the Quality and abilities of those that can Expand the orig. idea.

I imagine this will be no different, I saw some of this recently dealing with Alvin and the few Seiko Lovers in Cape Town So. Africa, the Thought that , there
population Grew from on to now THREE Members LOL with such passion and excitement was nice to be around, if it's OK I would like to invite them
in there newness to having representation in So. Africa Ok i'm maneuvering to try and become ambassador to the Wis population of So. Africa,
after all I do come from Brooklyn and we Have
strong Roots in Africa Yes i'm in a plateful mood.

Ok I look forward to being able to Post Pic It that possible GOD// he said yes.

Russell Anthany Iadanza

(Login kmcnyc)
Seiko-Somatic.

Do you know what the best part of Russell's post is??

No score for this post
December 22 2009, 8:05 AM 

Reading along and knowing what he sounds like in my mind...
cause I bet I sound the same!!!!!!

really are Poll's that bad, I mean they speak english very fast, and they like their booze but , for the most part they are kind of fun.

[linked image]

Lets all thank Kevin Chan and Larry Biggs, and Use the Search tool.

(Login east14th)
SeikoHolic

Merry Christmas Kevin, yes we will talk in time LOL but My hands,

No score for this post
December 24 2009, 12:28 AM 

are moving when I talk so I have trouble on the phones, cause I am trying to talk I get ingrosed in the conversation and the Phones on the Floor

Gota go wrap presents for Work.
Sere you here soon
seikozen

I

Russell Anthany Iadanza

(Login Jeje3325)
Seiko-Somatic.

Wwow this is cool!

No score for this post
December 22 2009, 8:56 PM 

Love the idea of Rss,Kudo, stickies calendar... and I can keep going.

Great stuff! happy.gif

*Never a waste of time to look at a watch*

Current Topic - The NEW Sekoholics. Some of the new features we`ll have >
  << Previous Topic | Next Topic >>Return to Forum  
Create your own forum at Network54
 Copyright © 1999-2014 Network54. All rights reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Statement  
Original works, creative essays, including posts, pictures, text copy, remain the sole property of the original poster. Anything copied, stored, or used without permission from the management is prohibited. C. DrSeiko.com