Return to Index  

Late season rabbit hunt-*GRAPHIC*

March 17 2012 at 1:57 PM
JohnL57  (Login JohnL57)
YF

It's raining in California (at last!)So since I'm stuck inside, here's a hunting post for ya.
I live on a small farm which is leased by two farmers who grow for the local farmer's markets. It's a ton of work and I help out by keeping the numbers down on rabbits and ground squirrels.
Here's the view out the back door.

[linked image]

I walk loops around the farm with my dog every morning and evening which gives me a good idea where the critters are at any given time of day.

[linked image]

This spot is usually good for few rabbits as they graze the edges and move through the brush.

[linked image]

Here's another good area between upper and lower fields.

[linked image]

Another area to watch as the critters sneak out into the fields.

[linked image]

Here's a good morning's worth-I don't like to process more than four at a time, so I usually hang it up at that point, especially since I work at home and am needing to get to it by then!

[linked image]

My R9 .22 is just about perfect for this type of hunt, not too heavy and very capable of threading through the brush for a head shot.

[linked image]

My latest recipe- baked in a mustard/honey/garlic sauce which I make into a gravy while I pull the meat- served over real mashed 'taters with veggies from the farm!

[linked image]

Shoot safely all!
John

Respond to this message   
Responses

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums from people under 18 years old, only with legal guardian(s) present.