Return to Index  

Green Bottle flies, 11 year old boys and an accurate .177 PCP

May 28 2012 at 7:20 AM
Sterrett  (Login 1968TR)
YF

I live in the burbs and have to find my fun close to home, and in this case, at home.

I recently bought my son a CZ200 and topped it with a Leapers 3-9x40AO. Its a one hole gun.

In trying to teach him marksmanship as well as spending time together, I set up a 35' range in the backyard. I staple a couple white pieces of paper to several treated 4x4's. I smear fish guts/slime on the white paper. That odor is a calling card to all the flies in the area. As they come in to investigate, my son calls out the shot as I watch the fly disappear. I'm not sure which is more fun: shooting or watching.

Give it a try. Its great fun, its close, its cheap, and you don't have to grovel for permission.

[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

Respond to this message   
Responses

D I S C L A I M E R
JK's Airgun Forums, moderators, and administrators are not responsible for any problems that may occur from reading or using content posted on this forum, as they are the exclusive responsibility of two parties: the person who posted it and the person who acted on said posted information.Use of our forums from people under 18 years old, only with legal guardian(s) present.