Return to Index  

Not really and the Flight Path set

April 6 2012 at 2:37 PM

(Login ViperEnforcer)
HyperScale Forums
from IP address 108.199.51.15

Response to 1/32 Testor F-117 -- Did Anyone Release a Tub and

for the Testors kit is nothing more than a dress up for a most inaccurate cockpit. In the end you get soft release PE that's not much more accurate than the kit parts. The FP set does little to nothing to correct anthing in the cockpit, much less the model overall.

Trumpeter's new 32nd F-117 is the one to get in 32nd scale. As typical of most Trumpeter modern 32nd jets of late, it's a scaled up copy of another Manufacture; in this case Tamiya's 48th F-117A.

One is being built over on LSP:

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=38516

Typical of blind upscaling, most of the detailing suffers. In this case the cockpit, wheel wells, and gear. Missing are the canopy frame details; not surprising as it's missing from the 48th Tamiya kit as well. The Weapons bay fairs a little better. Full run intakes and Exhaust(not that you can see them once installed) are also included.

You only get the late gear and wheels, so one will have to resort to some skilled scratch building to do the early version.

At least being a Tamiya copy, most of the facets shape will most likely be quite accurate. I'll know more when I get my sample here in another week or so.

Mike V

"I am a "Realist". I see and call things as they are, not how I want them to be."

Respond to this message   
Responses

Posting or replying to messages on HyperScale's Forums requires visitors to register:

1. First you will need to register with Network 54, the Forum provider. Click here to register with Network 54. (If you already have a Network 54 Login you can go straight to the next step)
  2. Then, while signed in to Network 54, you can sign up for HyperScale's forums. Click here to sign up for HyperScale's forums.

Your user name and password will give you full posting privileges to all of HyperScale Forums.

Please note the following conditions of posting:

All contributions are welcome but please refrain from political or abusive comments, swearing (including the thin disguising of swear words with asterisks and other characters), and crude metaphors. Please do not use the "Jet Age" forum as a public platform to complain about retailers or manufacturers (about issues such as broken or missing parts) before you have followed all normal channels to resolve any grievance. "Jet Age" is not the place to conduct personal feuds or for posting personal attacks. Please do not post in capital letters only, as this is considered to be shouting and therefore impolite. Also, please do not post in 'texting message' word format. Any posts breaching these guidelines will promptly be removed from the server and the offender may be excluded from further posting to the HyperScale Forums. Off-topic posts may also be removed from the server.

In addition, "Jet Age" is not a forum for the public criticism of the models that appear as Galleries or Articles. Please make any suggestions for improvements or criticism direct to the author via the email link at the bottom of the Article.

Finally, please note that this Discussion Group is privately operated and that I reserve the right to delete any post or cancel any registration for any reason whatsoever.

free counters